• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In the United States, the US Dollar is used to pay for things. Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

Or with a few tricks of the trade, you don't gotta pay for them.
…so I should pull a Eugene Krabs and “borrow” all the games to make up for not having dollar bills?

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Anime is pretty much all on Hulu or HBO Max if not on their dedicated services so anime fans at least have that.

Unless you're a Jojo fan in which that case you're stuck to the shackles of Netflix.
I've seen a decent amount of anime go the youtube route and officially upload everything there(Bushiroad properties like Vanguard/Buddyfight come to mind along with Yugioh uploading all of the dub but no sub)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Aw man, I really hope this NetFlix thing doesn't lead to the cancellation to Hilda Season 3...:(

Then again, I don't know how any of this works tbh.
Last I checked a Hilda renewal wasn't even officially confirmed by Netflix, so things aren't looking too good for her.

I'm still hopefull, but even if we don't get a proper renewal at least the movie was a strong note to end on. Better to have lived a short yet good life then to have not lived at all.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There is also this

Netflix basically just went

"Are we spending too much on individual episodes and thus losing money in the process?"

"No, it must be the animation."
To be fair, while that is expensive it isn't the most expensive show on the market The Marvel TV shows were about $25 million an episode, and there were 27 episodes of them last year (excluding What If, which is a bit different). Additionally, that Lord of the Rings show is a ridiculous $60 million an episode. Disney and Amazon are definitely able to foot the bill better than Netflix, but it isn't like Stranger Things' budget is unprecedented.

**** everything else netflix is doing though

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Only anime I've watched recently is the adaptation of Unlimited Blade Works.

I think that got taken down from Netflix like, within a day by the time I watched the last few episodes.
I've mainly been keeping up with One Piece with the manga personally

a couple like Spy X Family have interested me but not enough to keep me hooked.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still hopefull, but even if we don't get a proper renewal at least the movie was a strong note to end on. Better to have lived a short yet good life then to have not lived at all.
That's true, probably the bright side to things if season 3 doesn't happen. At least it'd end on a good note regardless.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm still alive ****lords.

Smugster - Copy.jpg

Busy week so here's a quick few things.

1. Just came back from The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. It was fine but my god did 90s/early 00s Nick Cage have the most rectangular face in human history.

2. Splatoon 3 release date oh yes. The time hath come.......in September.

3. Had two full days this week and who the **** thought it was a good idea to pay by the hour and not by performance. Life is short but the games are long.

Um, actually Tentacruel is a jellyfish which are not cephalopods.
Oh my god.

Steve Harvey Potato is a Sonic.

I've mainly been keeping up with One Piece with the manga personally

a couple like Spy X Family have interested me but not enough to keep me hooked.
Watch Spy x Family.

1650653135698.png

That is all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It was just too much to just bear. Her house in the wilderness was gone, the mountains were gone, her life in the wilderness was gone and now...Her life here in Trolberg was gone too. Tontu was dead. Her mum was dead having given up her own life for her. The last normal moment they ever had having been their argument. For all she knew, she, Twig and Alfur were probably the only survivors given the likelihood that both her best friends David and Frida were gone as well. Nearly everyone she knew were devoured by those...Those...Those....Horrid monsters!

Sneak peek for chapter two of my story Hilda and The Last Hope, Gamera.

What I'm gonna love about writing this part is Gamera expressing extreme sorrow towards Hilda (While Twig and Alfur tries to comfort her the best they can) being able to relate and wishing he too could physically comfort her but can't given his size as he suffered loss as well since back in the ancient war which he, his kind and the Mountain Giants had fought against the Gyaos, he was the only one of his kind to had survive.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
No dubs so thats a no go for me

Im a pirate anyway so idk why I care so much lol
Ha............I respect the pirate.

I'm mixed for better or worse. Most of my favourites are on Crunchy, if not its yoho time...........like what I'm doing now.

Still pisses me off how even in the UK we can't get some anime that the US has.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh man, sometimes I don't appreciate how creepy squids are. I just looked up "squid beak" on google images and my goodness those things are freaky.

But it's also fascinating, in a way. I can't take my eyes off these pictures. Some of those beaks look eerily like parrot beaks, which just looks wrong on a squishy invertebrate.
Then you must concede that Blastoise is not a turtle.
shellfish.jpg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh man, sometimes I don't appreciate how creepy squids are. I just looked up "squid beak" on google images and my goodness those things are freaky.

But it's also fascinating, in a way. I can't take my eyes off these pictures. Some of those beaks look eerily like parrot beaks, which just looks wrong on a squishy invertebrate.

Then you must concede that Blastoise is not a turtle.
View attachment 350965
In that case
Screenshot_20220422-142055_Chrome.jpg

You have to admit Charizard is nothing but a bunch of flames shaped like a not dragon.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ocean life doesn't get much weirder yet simultaneously fascinating as Comb Jellies.

Those things emit so much light in the color spectrum that they almost look partially like technology.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ocean life doesn't get much weirder yet simultaneously fascinating as Comb Jellies.

Those things emit so much light in the color spectrum that they almost look partially like technology.
Deep Sea creatures are genuinelly irl Pokemon with just how outlandish and insane their abilities are.

Which I know irl Pokemon is just animals but deep sea creatures are on another level.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Deep Sea creatures are genuinelly irl Pokemon with just how outlandish and insane their abilities are.

Which I know irl Pokemon is just animals but deep sea creatures are on another level.
It makes me wonder what life on other planets or moons with liquid oceans could be like, considering how bizarre Deep Sea life on Earth is.

It's still considered a possibility that there might be neighboring extraterrestrial life in our own local Solar System. Europa (one of Jupitor's moons) and Titan (one of Saturn's moons) are generally considered the be the most likely candidates to house life, though for we all know it might just be on a microscopic level.

If it isn't on a microscopic level, though, I can't even imagine how it would compare to the stuff we have living deep in the depths of the Earth's waters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since January 8th of this year, I’ve been writing a fanfiction.

Today, I finished it.

84 chapters, almost 400’000 words, over 100’000 hits…

It was kind of a big hit, which I really wasn’t expecting.

I’m a little proud :nifty:
Congrats dude!

A little proud? You should be really proud. I couldn't even reach to that length.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom