• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been watching more of Gravity Falls - I was not expecting to hear Alfred Molina (Dr. Octopus from the Spider-Man movies) voicing an eight-headed bear.

EDIT: I think that's season 1, episode 6 or 7, so I'm still pretty early on and I likely won't get most references.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I finally saw Turning Red today.

The hype around it is well-justified, it's a great movie. Characters, animation, writing, they were all top-notch. My only complaint is that it felt too short, I wanted to see more of it, haha.

Also, a few scenes hit like a truck. They were painfully relatable and I'm saying it in a good way.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Haruhi Suzumiya is finally on Crunchyroll!

K-on.gif

But not in the UK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

anime-sigh.gif

Dammit! I want to watch all of KyoAni's stuff legally but man they are making it hard.

So Beyond the Boundary, Haruhi, K-On, Lucky Star probably, Amagi..............can't watch legally here. ****.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, here's someone you'll all been waiting for

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Jaki race:

1648582884401.png

“I’m Jaki Minotaur. Fools who step foot in my domain... I’LL DINE ON THEIR BLOOD!”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Greek mythology. A monster born from the wife of King Minos Pasiphae and a bull she was cursed to fall in love with. He was given the name Asterion as a child but was more well-known as Minotaur, or “the bull of Minos” due to having the tail and head of a bull. As he was a danger to all around him, Minotaur was prisoned in the center of the Labyrinth designed by Daedalus where he ate youths every year until the hero Theseus killed him.

Skills: Charge, Fierce Roar, Tarukaja, Rampage

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Megami race.

A lot has been said about how raw Minotaur’s design goes and I have to agree. The bull sitting over Asterius’s shoulders and turning him into a monster, with his skull forming its mouth is so cool. The labyrinthine design over its skin just adds to the great impression. It’s no surprise that Minotaur’s battle strategy is to hit and hit hard. As a result, he’s a boss encounter in more games than he is not.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

View attachment 348857

“I’m Jaki Minotaur. Fools who step foot in my domain... I’LL DINE ON THEIR BLOOD!”

Origin: Greek mythology. A monster born from the wife of King Minos Pasiphae and a bull she was cursed to fall in love with. He was given the name Asterion as a child but was more well-known as Minotaur, or “the bull of Minos” due to having the tail and head of a bull. As he was a danger to all around him, Minotaur was prisoned in the center of the Labyrinth designed by Daedalus where he ate youths every year until the hero Theseus killed him.

A lot has been said about how raw Minotaur’s design goes and I have to agree. The bull sitting over Asterius’s shoulders and turning him into a monster, with his skull forming its mouth is so cool. The labyrinthine design over its skin just adds to the great impression. It’s no surprise that Minotaur’s battle strategy is to hit and hit hard. As a result, he’s a boss encounter in more games than he is not.
Legit man I heard they got Kamen Rider monster designers for SMT4 and when I saw Minotaur I went "Hell yeah that's a ****ing toku suit"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

View attachment 348857

Walter moment inbound

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
MooMew64 MooMew64 so the news of PS Plus/Now merge has been fully announced:

I'm like "ok fine" until:

"PlayStation 3 games available via cloud streaming."

**** off.
huehue.png

Sasuga, Sony.

Oh yeah and BTW, did I tell you that the Steam Deck runs KH3?

'Cause the Steam Deck runs KH3 lol.

Shoutouts the Cloud port, especially when streaming KH3 from your desktop through a third party launcher as a wrapper, to get another wrapper from Steam into it is somehow more functional than I've heard the Switch Cloud versions are.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
View attachment 348861

Sasuga, Sony.

Oh yeah and BTW, did I tell you that the Steam Deck runs KH3?

'Cause the Steam Deck runs KH3 lol.

Shoutouts the Cloud port, especially when streaming KH3 from your desktop through a third party launcher as a wrapper, to get another wrapper from Steam into it is somehow more functional than I've heard the Switch Cloud versions are.
I mean yes I guessed when I saw you playing it on Discord and it didn't show the game icon.

I too was like Sasuga.....

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I read that whole review btw.

It's bad. Idk why RT allowed that it wasn't even a review, if felt like a 2007 anti-Sonic Youtube rant.
I do admit that there are some RT critics that do post questionable reviews. But I only intend to follow a small number of critics that I know and trust.

There are some that I tend to avoid such as Scott Mendelson of Forbes who is always someone who gives negative reviews to almost every superhero film and sometimes Grace Randolph of Beyond the Trailer in which sometimes her reviews can be pretty weird.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
During my nap I had a dream that New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe had a surprise update and added Oogtar as a playable character (he's the caveboy from Super Mario World cartoon).

Also, we need a new mainline 2D Mario platformer badly (the latest real title, NSMB U, will turn TEN this year)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
**** YEAH! It earns it.

The Batman. True and faithful to the character and source material unlike Man of Murder (2013) and Josstice League (2017).
you say that…then DC ends up making killer Superman a thing for the main Clark, while using the next Justice League team to be like the Josstice League

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
G Guynamednelson

Given how ProtonTricks seems broken on Steam Deck right now, Bottles really seems to be the absolute best way to launch anything that needs Windows runtimes on the Deck right now. Heck, even once ProtonTricks is working, the solutions that Bottles offers are so far, waaaay more elegant, as it allows an environment for everything Windows rather than just a game. It's basically like creating your own custom game launcher.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They really should just make another Toon Link game to tide us over until this game launches.

That's what the Toon Link games were always for, to tide us over until the big ones come.
that awkward moment when there has yet to be a Toon Link game on the Switch

unless you count the Link's Awakening remake, which has a cartoony Link but not THE Toon Link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom