• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Out of curiosty, how did y'all beat Volo?

All my mons are the same level and my ass is still getting kicked before Giratina
walked the togekiss with dialga then spammed revives to get my whole team back( togekiss was the last one left thanks to rng switch Shenanigans). After that it was a lot easier

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Semi related to Black History Month. I drew Piccolo. He's more or less a black alien. Last time I drew him, I tried messing around with the "camera" this time I did something a bit more normal, and just added the heavy black shadows that's kind of my secondary style. Probably my personal favorite drawing I've done for the guy!

I had drawn him this time from memory, he's relatively close to how he looks, though with so many different animator's take on the Z-Fighters, getting the exact look I wanted was a little tricky. I like it, but I could've done his face a bit differently as far as the angle facing away from the viewer is concerned.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Spy, Drummer, and Soccer Player sound like really good ideas on concept but they fell flat. Definitely could've done more, tbh Cinderace is the best of the bunch because they took him all the way.
View attachment 345927
Tiers aren't necessarily ordered
Decidueye, Samurott, and Empoleon Slander? Ratio sadly.
Something something furrbait design

And then they turn around and simp for Roar
Noi call out post? Based.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I know they have their fans. And that’s great for the people who like them!

They’re just kinda bland to me.

Hope gen 9 has some cooler starters, at least on par with gen 7.
Feels to me like they tried to take a "back to basics" approach by making them all monotypes since they knew a lot of new fans would be picking the series up so they didn't want them to be overwhelmed. Unfortunately I feel like that ended up being to their detriment since previous gens had such banger starter designs and none of them came close to living up to that.

Rillaboom is the only one that looks remotely cool to me and even then it's kinda generic imo.

Cinderace straight up doesn't look like a final evolution to me, it's too short.

The spy concept is cool but Inteleon just ended up looking kinda creepy and you can't really tell it's supposed to be that at first glance.

The Gen 9 starters better step up their game

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just

Am not a big fan of its design.

It’s cool if you like it
:drsad:
Well i wasnt specifically calling you out it just seems like a lot of people that dislike Delphox massively also like incineroar too. To me Delphox has a nice Mage Look to em I love that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know they have their fans. And that’s great for the people who like them!

They’re just kinda bland to me.

Hope gen 9 has some cooler starters, at least on par with gen 7.
Really the only reason why I like Cinderace it's because there are rabbit. If they weren't a rabbit I wouldn't even like them probably

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Semi related to Black History Month. I drew Piccolo. He's more or less a black alien. Last time I drew him, I tried messing around with the "camera" this time I did something a bit more normal, and just added the heavy black shadows that's kind of my secondary style. Probably my personal favorite drawing I've done for the guy!

I had drawn him this time from memory, he's relatively close to how he looks, though with so many different animator's take on the Z-Fighters, getting the exact look I wanted was a little tricky. I like it, but I could've done his face a bit differently as far as the angle facing away from the viewer is concerned.
Loved his turban and cape fit, I wish he fought with it more because it's raw.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elevator Pitch: FNaF Troll Games Collection (on consoles)
  • Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 (Troll Game)
  • FNaF World: Halloween Edition
  • FNaF World (+ Update 2)
  • Sister Location: MA
  • Ultimate Custom Night “Demo”
  • Freddy in Space 2
  • Security Breach: Fury’s Rage

Jondolio

Smash Hero
On a more positive note, I really warmed up to Hisuian Typhlosion. That official art is so much better than the in-game model.

I also like Hisuian Samurott a lot but it's mostly because it looks so much like regular Samurott, who is based, but I would prefer a more substantial design difference so I prefer Decidueye and Typhlosion who look more unique.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just had a can of root beer for the first time in years.........while going off the Pokemon talk for a bit.

1645641503739.png

I completely forgot it tasted like dry cough medicine but a bit nicer.

Anyways. I really need to distract myself from news tonight but been feeling a bit disconnected from here for some reason. If anyone has any ideas that'd be nice.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom