• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers

Might start another Legends Arceus playthrough today
All they gotta do is put some flying mons on the ground, and make some of them flap their wings.

I know they probably don't feel like redoing those animations, but its an easy fix.
I feel like Typhlosion could also use a fix

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I honestly do wonder if they're gonna outsource Pokemon again. I know BDSP was a bit of a letdown but they payoff of outsourcing far outweighed it.
ILCA honestly could probably pull off a more traditional remake well I imagine. My guess is BDSP was so standard as just a test of their skills. I hope they outsource to them or others that are interested. Give other studios freedom over at least the art direction. It be cool to see different stylized games in futures and add some more value to remakes.

Have monolith soft make black and white remakes. It be pretty hype.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Square Enix prepping us for when Vader fights Sephiroth in FF7R Part 2
Would make more sense if it was Kingdom Hearts.

Which is why it will be FF7R Part 2 and not Kingdom Hearts.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's funny. I think the reason I've been playing Sw/Sh so much lately is in part because of Legend's Arceus. It was the most fun I've had with a pokemon game in a looong time. But its gameplay is also really lacking in gameplay depth, especially with the lack of multiplayer, so I've found myself with nothing left to do. So I've been going back to Sword to scratch that pokymanz itch by playing competitive.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 23.

Louder and Prouder is out today. The Proud Family is near and dear to my heart for a multitude of reasons, so today
licensed-image (1).jpeg

Meet Bruce Wayne Smith. Sadly, he's not Batman and The Fresh Prince if Bel-Air, but he is an animator that worked on countless projects. He graduated from California Institute of the Arts, and would land his first gig by being an animator for Who Framed Roger Rabbit. He would then be handpicked to direct Paramount's Bebe's Kids. He would then go to Warner Bros and codirect Space Jam, yes, THAT Space Jam. He would return back to Disney for his roots of an animator, helping to animate movies like Tarzan and Emperors New Groove. He would later land a major hit by being the creator and director of the 2001 show, the Proud Family. But the hits kept rolling, he would help animate the Princess and the Frog, Wreck It Ralph, he dorecter and was lead animator of the Tangled Ever After short. He also directed this Award winning short
He will return for Louder and Prouder.

“Proud that we got a chance to be the first, disappointing that we remain the only [show]. That’s why it’s important to do this show. We want there to be more Proud Families on. There’s not just one view of Blackness or a Black family. We would like to see a lot of different families portrayed.”
“I’ve never seen a Black animated horror show or film. I’ve never seen a Black animated Western. I’ve never seen us Black people in outer space from an animation standpoint. There’s so many places to go in this medium.”

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bruh what is WRONG with the God of War director
View attachment 345918
David Scott Jeffe when he realizes genocide of Thoha, Metroids and X Parasites lead to Metroid Dread (suddenly he doesn't think genocide is good anymore)

Ignoring game devs being ****, let's talk about game journalists, Elden Ring is getting such high review scores that it's in the top 20 highest rated games of Metacritic

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
despite preferring the og song…this song still bangs, and the show bangs even harder (animation is so high and fluid as ****…no wonder why the Disney tv crew had this show put on Disney+ instead of the actual Disney Channel)
that dude really dipped the entire show and moved to Japan just to get away from Dijonay…****ing savage (but at least he made the leave known…similar to how Sam Puckett decided to become a biker gang member to make up for not being in iCarly 2021

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I looked up a tutorial on how to do your own 3DS rom dumps to make it easier to make it easier to archieve a 3DS collection. After seeing the process involved, i'm kinda nervous about the prospect of doing this myself

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
David Scott Jeffe when he realizes genocide of Thoha, Metroids and X Parasites lead to Metroid Dread (suddenly he doesn't think genocide is good anymore)

Ignoring game devs being ****, let's talk about game journalists, Elden Ring is getting such high review scores that it's in the top 20 highest rated games of Metacritic
If I had a nickel for every time a Horizon game came out just before another open world game that gets insanely good reviews I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Canada won
also worship HD Oscar Proud
Good to know. I'm still hoping to finish Daredevil season 2 before the end of the month, but it's good to know that those Netflix shows will be moved over to Disney Plus (at least in Canada) shortly after they're taken off of Netflix.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

osby

Smash Obsessed
Guys want him, girls want to be him

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Night race:

1645635458833.png

“ME NIGHT FOMOR! ME BREAK THEY FACES AND TAKE THEY LOOT! NOONE CAN STOP ME!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Irish mythology. Fomors are a hostile and monstrous race of supernatural beings coming from under the sea or earth. Their name roughly means “nether demons”. They are giant sea raiders and the enemies of the divine tribe of Tuatha Dé Danann, with whom they have a complex relationship. They personify destructive and uncontrollable sides of nature such as darkness and drought. They are said to have the body of a man and the head of a goat.

Skills: Lunge, Critical Wave, Mabufula, Lullaby

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Yoma race.

For a goat-headed model swap of Troll, Fomor actually has a pretty neat design. Him being of the Night race usually seems a bit random to me but it made more sense when I learned about how heavily they were related to the darkness and underworld. In later legends, some Fomors being sea pirates (due to Viking invasions of Ireland) turned into them being a race of raiders and every outside threat being called as Fomorians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom