• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Aaaaand I'm finally back from Kami-Con! Actually got to meet two VAs I look up to massively, so that's fun!

First, I met Casey Mongolio (The Scorbunny evolution line in Pokemon, Shinji in Evangelion, the protagonist in Shin Megami Tensei V) and I actually managed to get their autograph! Casey is super nice and chill, so that was really fun!

Also, this was the shirt I was wearing that day, and also the first thing they noticed when I walked up to their table, haha.
View attachment 345163

And I met Kira Buckland! (2B in Nier: Automata, Mitsuri in Demon Slayer, Jolyne in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) Kira Buckland is the founder of a voice over Discord called the VAC, which has loads of resources, casting calls posted daily, VO folks you can chat with, etc. It's seriously helped me over the past 3 years, so meeting Kira was really neat, haha. She asked for my username when I said I was on the server, and when I told her, she apparently recognized me, which is neat! She also gave me this little VAC business card. Definitely keeping this.

At the con, I also FINALLY got to play Guilty Gear: Strive, a game I've been intruiged in for ages. I suck at fighting games, but OH I love Guilty Gear, and I wanna buy it, haha. Didn't play many characters, but I got the chance to play Zato-1, Faust, May, and Millia. I also recorded some audio of Eddie from Guilty Gear for my daily VO practice, seeing as I'm in a Guilty Gear mood (I have no clue what he sounds like in-game, so this is just my own take on him.)

And FINALLY... here's a pic that goes hard. (Also face reveal I guess! I'm kinda ugly hshs)

Hollow Knight is my favorite game of all time, so... ya know I had to do it.

Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 Pokelego999 Pokelego999
The face reveal
That's right, I'm the Knight from Hollow Knight in real life.
Holy **** he wasn't lying.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Happy Valentine Day, folks. Can't tag many folks due to me being tired, but I at least wanted to shout-out Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , osby osby , AndreaAC AndreaAC , MooMew64 MooMew64 , Noipoi Noipoi , ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , Lamperouge Lamperouge & Shroob Shroob . Guh & osby for following my Omori journey, Noipoi for the cool ass comic, Zach for bringing up interesting topic in a way that I can relate, Andrea for the cool art you make , Solar for being a fellow Oneshot enjoyer, Lamp for being a Xeno enjoyer, Shroob for being here on my Lisa journey, and overall just for me being nice/cool/chill/patient with me haha. There's many other folks that I also wish the best, but for now, I wish ya all a great night as I head straight to bed!

Peace! ✌

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
{sees Jesse+Grace}
MMMGHHH!!!

I don't like where this is going!
Kinda sad we never got to see an infinity train scene where grace after starting her redemption meets up with Jessie outside of the train to make amends for her actions:
I will be honest and say I do not like this show.

I used to be one of the ones who yelled at it.

TBH I no longer care, if people like it, good for them. It's a harmless cartoon, who cares. :drshrug:
It has its moments. Some of the dark jokes are hilarious though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why does everyone who makes ReShade presets in Sonic games turn on the reflection shaders?

ReShade cannot detect what is and isn't a reflective surface: It will make everything reflect. Why does everyone want the floor to be wet.
Excessive reflections are a problem with ReShade/ENB/graphics mods in general, not just Sonic games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aaaaand I'm finally back from Kami-Con! Actually got to meet two VAs I look up to massively, so that's fun!

First, I met Casey Mongolio (The Scorbunny evolution line in Pokemon, Shinji in Evangelion, the protagonist in Shin Megami Tensei V) and I actually managed to get their autograph! Casey is super nice and chill, so that was really fun!

Also, this was the shirt I was wearing that day, and also the first thing they noticed when I walked up to their table, haha.
View attachment 345163

And I met Kira Buckland! (2B in Nier: Automata, Mitsuri in Demon Slayer, Jolyne in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) Kira Buckland is the founder of a voice over Discord called the VAC, which has loads of resources, casting calls posted daily, VO folks you can chat with, etc. It's seriously helped me over the past 3 years, so meeting Kira was really neat, haha. She asked for my username when I said I was on the server, and when I told her, she apparently recognized me, which is neat! She also gave me this little VAC business card. Definitely keeping this.

At the con, I also FINALLY got to play Guilty Gear: Strive, a game I've been intruiged in for ages. I suck at fighting games, but OH I love Guilty Gear, and I wanna buy it, haha. Didn't play many characters, but I got the chance to play Zato-1, Faust, May, and Millia. I also recorded some audio of Eddie from Guilty Gear for my daily VO practice, seeing as I'm in a Guilty Gear mood (I have no clue what he sounds like in-game, so this is just my own take on him.)

And FINALLY... here's a pic that goes hard. (Also face reveal I guess! I'm kinda ugly hshs)

Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 Pokelego999 Pokelego999
The face reveal

Holy **** he wasn't lying.
How nice of guh to pose for pictures with fans of his game.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 345163

Nah bro you look good.

I’m the one who look likes **** haha
83B18E83-2E30-4C90-BFF5-78D3F4467663.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The grown ass men screaming at cartoons did nothing...
What? But... Giving attention to it cpnstantly should have made it go away!

for real the show's allowed to exist lmao. Few clips I saw from the movie were ****in brilliant though

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

View attachment 345163

Today i learned that Scorbunny's VA is ****ing, Shinji.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Today i learned that Scorbunny's VA is ****ing, Shinji.
Scorbunny's VA is also just Shinji in real life.
1644881674307.png
1644881694810.png

Can someone please explain Video Game Story Time’s videos to me?

Because no offense to the creators, but their topics are either blatantly obvious, or are things that don’t even have a specific answer.
Can you elaborate on "Video game story time videos?" The storytime videos I've seen are just like- a funny thing that happened to you that you'd wanna tell a friend or something, or maybe just some ramblings about whatever's on your mind, haha.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

View attachment 345163

Wearing the Neon Genesis Evangelion Garfield shirt was the ultimate power move

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Can you elaborate on "Video game story time videos?" The storytime videos I've seen are just like- a funny thing that happened to you that you'd wanna tell a friend or something, or maybe just some ramblings about whatever's on your mind, haha.
Stuff like this:

Like, I don’t mean to be rude, but like…

I don’t get it

IDK what there is to make a video on when there isn’t really a reason past ‘they did it when they felt like it”.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Stuff like this:

Like, I don’t mean to be rude, but like…

I don’t get it

IDK what there is to make a video on when there isn’t really a reason past ‘they did it when they felt like it”.
Oh, if you're talking about this channel in particular, then yeah, they're infamous for making videos on self-explanatory things like this, haha.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Happy Valentine Day, folks. Can't tag many folks due to me being tired, but I at least wanted to shout-out Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , osby osby , AndreaAC AndreaAC , MooMew64 MooMew64 , Noipoi Noipoi , ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , Lamperouge Lamperouge & Shroob Shroob . Guh & osby for following my Omori journey, Noipoi for the cool ass comic, Zach for bringing up interesting topic in a way that I can relate, Andrea for the cool art you make , Solar for being a fellow Oneshot enjoyer, Lamp for being a Xeno enjoyer, Shroob for being here on my Lisa journey, and overall just for me being nice/cool/chill/patient with me haha. There's many other folks that I also wish the best, but for now, I wish ya all a great night as I head straight to bed!

Peace! ✌
X'3 Thank you so so much! Means a whole lot! XD You got me at a time that I feel a little drowsy so sorry if I cannot say much! Happy Valentines Day to you and everyone! <3

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Scorbunny's VA is also just Shinji in real life.
View attachment 345165View attachment 345166

That's actually kinda cursed, not gona lie.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You mean the new Kirby game? If so, I feel the same way.
If anything dethrones PLA for me it's gonna be Kirby.

Splatoon 3's got a shot too, but given how I'm expecting that to feel more like an expansion pack than anything too crazy, and how important Kirby is to me with my history in gaming, I'm so excited for Forgotten Land.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Can someone please explain Video Game Story Time’s videos to me?

Because no offense to the creators, but their topics are either blatantly obvious, or are things that don’t even have a specific answer.
I've seen some of those videos and I feel they're not worth it especially when we have stuff like Did You Know Gaming and Boundary Break.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My Goodra currently has more personality than the entirety of SWSH and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing
It can be either or, the new animations really make the Pokemon pop and give them a whole dimension of personality. SwSh gave the characters personality with better animations and stuff but the mons were all over the place in terms of that.

Now watch as someone dives in to an actual rant on why SwSh sucks and your a bad person for finding enjoyment for the 3000th time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It sounds cool on paper but actually hunting them down is painful as ****

Galarian Birds in SWSH were a pretty cool way of doing it though
Galarian Birds were the only good roamers because you can actually ****ing see them instead of playing a stupid guessing game and pray RNG blesses you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom