• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I will say

I will always **** on Sticker Star for being a legitimately bad game

But man

The ost was GOATed

Why did such a bad game have such a godlike ost?

I bear no responsibility if the last one ****s your Youtube algorithm, blame the internet.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's kinda weird, isn't it?

By that logic, wouldn't Carvanna also be near extinction? Yet it seems rather plentiful, especially in Hoenn.
Humans probably put them through the same program that caused Lapras to go from critically endangered to overpopulated.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And it's happening with the fossil mons too according to SwSd

mein gott we have a problem

View attachment 345005
And the worst part is, the games are aware of it.
"Because some Omanyte manage to escape after being restored or are released into the wild by people, this species is becoming a problem."
But at the same time...
"Weighed down by a large and heavy shell, Omastar couldn't move very fast. Some say it went extinct because it was unable to catch food."
...crisis averted?

Shroob

Sup?
And the worst part is, the games are aware of it.
"Because some Omanyte manage to escape after being restored or are released into the wild by people, this species is becoming a problem."
But at the same time...
"Weighed down by a large and heavy shell, Omastar couldn't move very fast. Some say it went extinct because it was unable to catch food."
...crisis averted?
See

That was ye-olden days

Things have become more convenient and accessible as time went on, including prey.

What the **** is something like a Dwebble or Binacle going to do against an Omastar with a beak that can literally drill through shells.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Rapidash doesn't deserve that high of an evo level. Same issue with Slowbro. They evolve way too late.
I think some of the evolutionary levels are relics of where they were first encountered: In the case of both these Pokemon, Ponyta and Slowpoke are first encountered in RB when wild Pokemon would be in their late 20s, early 30s.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think some of the evolutionary levels are relics of where they were first encountered: In the case of both these Pokemon, Ponyta and Slowpoke are first encountered in RB when wild Pokemon would be in their late 20s, early 30s.
That's the same issue with a lot of Unova Pokemon. They want you to have the base form for a little bit before you evolve it, which leads to Rufflet evolving in it's 50s.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's the same issue with a lot of Unova Pokemon. They want you to have the base form for a little bit before you evolve it, which leads to Rufflet evolving in it's 50s.
And then there's Azumarill whose evolutionary level now seems too early rather than too late, as there are games where you first encounter Marill when Pokemon levels would be in the 20s, or if you can encounter Azurill earlier (IE BW2 or XY), it might be after level 18 when its Happiness is high enough.
This is why picking cyndaquil as a starter in legends is better then the others. You are stuck with this useless ass pony up till level 40 if you dont
You don't even need to wait that long, once you have Great Balls, you can have an Alpha Rapidash that's at least 10 levels higher than the rest of your team.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Chimchar can be found in the Obsidian Fieldlands, so there's that
That requires Basculegion though.

Otherwise, it's Ponyta or Cyndaquil for Obsidian Fieldlands. Or get an Eevee and evolve into Flareon.

You can also get Flareon in Crimson Mirelands trough Space Time contimuum. Otherwise yiu have ti wait until the Cobalt Coastlands to net a fire type (Magby, Vulpix, and Growlithe line).

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Otherwise, it's Ponyta or Cyndaquil for Obsidian Fieldlands. Or get an Eevee and evolve into Flareon.

You can also get Flareon in Crimson Mirelands trough Space Time contimuum. Otherwise yiu have ti wait until the Cobalt Coastlands to net a fire type (Magby, Vulpix, and Growlithe line).
I literally found a Monferno in Deertrack Heights in my first time there. If there's a Monferno, Chimchar is likely there

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I've definitely seen a monferno on the "Mainland" of the fieldlands.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I literally found a Monferno in Deertrack Heights in my first time there. If there's a Monferno, Chimchar is likely there
I've definitely seen a monferno on the "Mainland" of the fieldlands.
Must be a rare spawn then, I never came across Monferno on my playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom