• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I swear for the first time in a long long time it seems like there's no real reason to get current gen consoles. Well, I guess the Switch technically counts as next gen but it feels more like gen 8.5 because of the weird timeframe it came out in.
I would not consider Switch next gen, but more like a mid gen console to cover for the Wii U's failure.

Kinda like the N64 and Virtual Boy.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Tbh, considering Sony's porting all their exlusives to PC eventually, and that X-Box is the more money friendly, I feel as if I'm not missing out on much in the long run.

Now if only there existed a device that was able to boost my laptop's power so it could run more high end things.
Yeah, Sony doing more PC ports eventually is nice. Hopefully we'll see Spiderman and Ratchet end up on there soon, as those are the only two I major interest in ATM.

As for PC hardware? Yeah, I feel your pain. Thankfully I'm able to still run some high end things on my 1660 by using some optimization tricks (using a G-Sync monitor and playing 1920x1080 with lowered shadow texture resolutions), but man oh man do I see what the Xbox Series X and 3080 cards are doing and feel sad. :(

TBH at this point, my only real plan at trying to get a card later this year might be to buy a prebuilt machine, scavenge the card from it, and then sell the components I don't need (FOR A REASONABLE PRICE) to help make up some of the difference. My 1660 is doing well for now, but its days are definitely numbered: Nvidia is trying their hardest to kill old mid range cards.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, Sony doing more PC ports eventually is nice. Hopefully we'll see Spiderman and Ratchet end up on there soon, as those are the only two I major interest in ATM.

As for PC hardware? Yeah, I feel your pain. Thankfully I'm able to still run some high end things on my 1660 by using some optimization tricks (using a G-Sync monitor and playing 1920x1080 with lowered shadow texture resolutions), but man oh man do I see what the Xbox Series X and 3080 cards are doing and feel sad. :(

TBH at this point, my only real plan at trying to get a card later this year might be to buy a prebuilt machine, scavenge the card from it, and then sell the components I don't need (FOR A REASONABLE PRICE) to help make up some of the difference. My 1660 is doing well for now, but its days are definitely numbered: Nvidia is trying their hardest to kill old mid range cards.
Isn't Nvida shilling out NFTs as if that doesn't eat up their market?

MooMew64

Isn't Nvida shilling out NFTs as if that doesn't eat up their market?
lol They don't care, the crypto bros are lining their pockets right now and are allowing them to basically scalp their own products to consumers ATM.

They're very willingly throwing their entire actual marketbase off a cliff right now for short-gain profits, and it's gonna be hilarious how they try to get back into people's good graces when this whole bubble inevitably pops and comes crashing down on them. Like, for real, they're one of the slimiest corporations on the market right now, gonna be real funny to see them try to return to their 2017 days of "UwU, we da gamewrs fweinds, UwU! we always wooking out fow u! <3"

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If it wasn't for my brother getting an Xbox and me having kept to PlayStation this gen I would have went for the former.

I hope to get a PS5 before my birthday at the end of next month but even then................I can't see myself playing it much for a long time. And I'm not too bothered honestly if I don't.

It's not like I have friends (who actually are willing to nudge and care) on both so multiplayer is out of the question. I also don't want to get a high end PC and constantly update and change it either. The only game I have so far that makes me really want it upgraded to be nicer on a PS5 is AC Valhalla but nothing else.

Honestly I'm glad since it means more people playing it. Glad to see more PC and while I doubt maybe a few like Gravity Rush, Bloodborne and SOTC can join.

Actually now I feel depressed thinking about something to do with this topic.......

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
lol They don't care, the crypto bros are lining their pockets right now and are allowing them to basically scalp their own products to consumers ATM.

They're very willingly throwing their entire actual marketbase off a cliff right now for short-gain profits, and it's gonna be hilarious how they try to get back into people's good graces when this whole bubble inevitably pops and comes crashing down on them. Like, for real, they're one of the slimiest corporations on the market right now, gonna be real funny to see them try to return to their 2017 days of "UwU, we da gamewrs fweinds, UwU! we always wooking out fow u! <3"
Yeah, that's why I always prefered AMD.

Ok not really but still.

Also, ever dabbled with external devices to boost laptop/pc perfomance? I know they exist, but idc what they're called or where they could be found.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sony wrecking there most creative studio is the biggest mistake they made and is near a massive killer for me but if it wasn't for God of War/Horizon and getting those console SE exclusives I probably would have moved to Xbox.

And Sony's finger in the anime pie. Well not finger but more like the full thing except one slice.
I miss Ape Escape so much man…

and Gravity Rush. And Patapon.

But mostly Ape Escape

MooMew64

Yeah, that's why I always prefered AMD.

Ok not really but still.

Also, ever dabbled with external devices to boost laptop/pc perfomance? I know they exist, but idc what they're called or where they could be found.
I could ask my brothers for ya and get back to you on that: They have much more experience with laptops than I do.

Dutch Raikuna

sighs Why does everyone who I try to look up to IRL either:

A. Turn into a right asshole.

B. Does something really stupid that gets them a criminal record?

C. Turns dumb brained into stupid conspiracy theories?

Getting sick of it. Hand I've been dealt though.

7322388e1b6ff19793b28b8a02956d8b.jpg

Online has cool people so doesn't hit me as much anymore.

Serious post gets the bury but I don't really care.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
(C)rap fans are finished
View attachment 342918
Editors Note: FNF fans are excluded from this
I can never give a proper answer when anyone asks about my music tastes because it it’s a jumbled mess. Pop songs, classic rap, vg music, orchestral scores, it’s a bit of everything. Whatever sounds good to my ears is whatever sounds good to my ears.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I can never give a proper answer when anyone asks about my music tastes because it it’s a jumbled mess. Pop songs, classic rap, vg music, orchestral scores, it’s a bit of everything. Whatever sounds good to my ears is whatever sounds good to my ears.
Same, honestly. My taste in music mostly ends up being video game OSTs, but there's random other things sprinkled in there too. I just don't listen to a lot of music on the radio or whatever people use to find new music, so OSTs are mostly where I hear music. I honestly just do not know what people use to find new music, haha.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm in the same boat except for Orchestra.

Unless we're talking like Mario Galaxy

Dutch Raikuna

My taste now is dominated by anime music. And I don't mean the OPs and EDs as much but the actual soundtracks themselves but yeah I'm the same boat. If it's good, its good.
Only condition for me is that the song has to connect with a show/game/anime/movie etc mostly cause how I list my tracks.

The bigger question is the paradox of me doing this but listening to this:
1642363930299.png
1642364185518.png

Am I a weeb if I'm actually somewhat athletic? Or am I cyclist who likes anime? Or...................am I me??????

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Oh yeah Pokelego999 Pokelego999

For those shiny legendaries in SwSh competitions, do I need to actually win battles, or can I just hop in with 6 Alcreamies all spelling out

I
Just
Want
My
Legendaries
GG

and just let someone bop me one and then go home with my participation trophy?
The message just said "participate", so I think it should just be participation trophies. I'd double check online, but I believe that's what it should be.

I'm hoping the Alcremie kill something though.

Dutch Raikuna

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even though I'm a day late, has it really been over a year since WandaVision was the first of Marvel Studios shows for Disney+?

Anyways, I do highly anticipate that we should be getting a release date for Moon Knight tommorrow.
March 9th please

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember Byleth's reveal. I was going to be late for a lecture but I really wanted to know who the last character of the pass was. My friend bet on Sora. I bet on... Byleth. Ironically. Because I didn't think I could guess it.

You can imagine my reaction. :061:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Before the announcement, I'd pinned Byleth as one of those characters that people had arbitrarily determined were as good as confirmed, but truly wasn't (in the same vein as, say, Dante, Crash Bandicoot, and Cinderace--all characters that discussion circles treated as guaranteed, but turned out to be untrue). I thought it was actually unlikelier than most, given how recent the game was and how much Fire Emblem representation Smash had already seen. I put it in the same bin as those expecting a Gen VIII Pokemon character, both during that round of DLC and the second. Because the logic was solely "A new game came out recently, so that means they must add a new character" with either no further reasoning, or at the very least "because Nintendo wants to advertise their newer games," when the latter almost never happens.

Especially when DLC characters seemed to be more focused on using these unique DLC opportunities for adding new series and worlds to Smash, so saving a character from one of the already most represented series in Smash would obviously be disappointing in a general sense. And after all, even if we were to add more to a Nintendo series that already existed within the game, you have Star Fox, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Zelda that haven't seen new characters since Brawl and are far more popular than Fire Emblem. There's plenty of unique and untapped potential in those series, so they'd surely get consideration before Fire Emblem.

Needless to say, I was, and still am, confused by Byleth's inclusion. On a gameplay level, I can see how their moveset is unique and has been used to great enjoyment by many players. But on every other level, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, except for the acknowledged fact that Sakurai and other staff on the Smash team are big Fire Emblem fans.

For those who enjoy and were happy for Byleth, more power to you. But out of the 11 total characters added as DLC, their inclusion is the weakest by far, relative to every other addition that either added a completely new series to the game or expanded upon a series already in the game that actually needed it.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
After playing more KH1, I'm wondering why they didn't make Traverse Town the stage in Smash. It's the first "real" stage in the game, you visit it repeatedly, and it's not inherently Disney. It seems like a better choice than Hollow Bastion, at least ( I'm not there yet though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom