• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For real

Why are VAs supporting this crud

They're aiming to replace you, this is like the Kroger cashier throwin' their lot in with a robotics company lol
"We want you to use your platforms to promote our **** and we'll pay you handsomely". Any further explanation likely sounds like "Blabla money blabla rich"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Good lord there’s a super windy thunderstorm out rn

chill nature it’s too soon for hurricane season

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You getting round to watching it.

I got to around episode 7 but was saving it for after I read and got more of the manga.
Oh, gotcha.

I've read six volumes (which would be a little over 80 chapters) so I figured that was good enough to get started on it at least. Not sure how much the first cour covers.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 342888
This **** is so ****ing funny, people are hyping up ****ing boxes
lol peeps need to get a grip, no ones gonna yoink a copy outta the box, get fired and blacklisted from working anywhere ever again, and get murdered by a TPC lawyer in their sleep on top of all that.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
GOD DAMN IT WHY
Rob Paulsen has already reconsidered at least

It's clear to me that many of these Crypto sites and companies are even scamming the people they are collaborating with and not even telling them what the hell an NFT Even is. Just showing them Dollar Signs and ignoring everything else

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

It's clear to me that many of these Crypto sites and companies are even scamming the people they are collaborating with and not even telling them what the hell an NFT Even is. Just showing them Dollar Signs and ignoring everything else
That's my bet too. That said, there's VAs who are willingly not listening to the criticism and dangers like Tara, so yeah.

Scam, all a scam.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Even the project itself is a false advertisement.

"World's first decentralized film" my ass, movie cooperatives, and indie pictures exist.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well RIP @ the PS3 on PS5 thing from earlier:

MooMew64

Well RIP @ the PS3 on PS5 thing from earlier:

Makes sense, you almost made me think Sony was cool again for a second, which is impossible.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Makes sense, you almost made me think Sony was cool again for a second, which is impossible.
Sony closing their Japan branch and moving to California was a mistake

for several reasons, one of which I’ll not get into here

Also

Grey DeLisle getting into NFTs
I’m kinda unsurprised actually. I think she said something crappy and/or tone deaf a while back

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sorry for not noticing this earlier btw.

I'd be interested.
Huh? I actually forgot I made the post. I'll make a quick one now.

Collection 1: Sega Portable Collection! (Despite coming to Switch)

1642355865029.png
1642356033813.png
1642356051900.png

1642356122644.png
1642356156464.png
1642356300174.png

1. Yes Sonic Rivals. I am one of the few who did enjoy them as a kid and teen. I stand by my ground.

2. Sega Rally and Crazy Taxi? Outside of maybe a music license issue with the latter, I can see them being so plastered into these if they happened.

3. No Valkyria? Would see as part of it's own collection and into a full on remake all woven together with the rest of the series.

4. What about your beloved Virtua Tennis? Cause likeness reasons.

5. No Atlus? See Valkyria.

6. Puyo Puyo or Monkey Ball? Not sure about them and I like even numbers.

Taking this from Rational Wiki about NFTs:

"It is really difficult for the average person to fully conceive of how useless NFTs are. We're primed for reason. If people are making so much noise about this technology-- if it IS technology, at all-- then surely it does SOMETHING... right?
(The answer is, no. It does absolutely nothing.)"

A pump and dump scheme.

Hopefully some have karma swinging at them bloody hard.

MooMew64

Oh yeah Pokelego999 Pokelego999

For those shiny legendaries in SwSh competitions, do I need to actually win battles, or can I just hop in with 6 Alcreamies all spelling out

I
Just
Want
My
Legendaries
GG

and just let someone bop me one and then go home with my participation trophy?

MooMew64

Tbh, I feel like even if we got the Switch Pro, it wouldn't matter because all the Cryptobros stole the GPUs, CPUs, and the chips and nobody would be able to make one
Dude, I'm still a bit nervous about my Steam Deck order

It's still sayin' that it's gonna ship after February, but I keep checking my email expecting the worst every time the closer we get...

Dutch Raikuna

Sony closing their Japan branch and moving to California was a mistake

for several reasons, one of which I’ll not get into here
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sony wrecking there most creative studio is the biggest mistake they made and is near a massive killer for me but if it wasn't for God of War/Horizon and getting those console SE exclusives I probably would have moved to Xbox.

And Sony's finger in the anime pie. Well not finger but more like the full thing except one slice.

MooMew64

But apeaking of Next Gen, I highkey and considering getting an XBOX Series X.

Like I know the PS5 has exclusives and **** and they look cool but it's impossible to find one...
If it weren't for the fact I'm a PC gamer and Sqaure Enix has a phobia of porting things to Xbox, I would 100% buy a Series X right now.

PS5 exclusives have like, nothing interesting going on for me and they killed off their dev teams I actually liked, so

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Honestly, Rob strikes me as more uneducated on this whole thing than anything else. Seems like most VAs doubling down on NFTs (Tara Strong and Troy Baker, namely) already have a track record of kinda being a-holes. Rob doesn't. And he didn't double down; He listened to criticism and is doing his own research on NFTs.

By the way, let's take a look at what Holidayverse said here.
"For the safety & well-being of all involved, we've decided postpone tonight's Spaces with @yakkopinky"

When you reschedule a panel like this, you typically, you know, inform the people featured on the panel. But Rob's response kinda sounds to me like hasn't even agreed to the reschedule.
"While I appreciate the opportunity Holidayverse gave me to discuss their project, it’s clear that I need to educate myself on NFT’s"

Frankly it's impossible to say if he's gonna end up supporting these things or not, but I guess we'll see! :drshrug:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
lol peeps need to get a grip, no ones gonna yoink a copy outta the box, get fired and blacklisted from working anywhere ever again, and get murdered by a TPC lawyer in their sleep on top of all that.
Honestly I don’t think it’s to crazy Warehouses are a mess these days, and places are under staffed. If there wasn’t a way to track the box right, then it be relatively easy I imagine. Although whose to say they are even in that box.

Kinda of weird he signed up for this to begin with. Considering his son is Ash Paulson, I imagine he would have spoke about this to him before the deal even went through. I doubt that Ash or any of the Good Vibes Gaming crew actually support NFts.

Dutch Raikuna

Don't know if my American friends here can see this but looking at that winter storms terrifies me.

I know your hometown is in the middle of what's coming Lamperouge Lamperouge and Baku's (still don't know what happened to him on Discord) is gonna be a place takin the brunt here.

Hopes you all be alright.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If it weren't for the fact I'm a PC gamer and Sqaure Enix has a phobia of porting things to Xbox, I would 100% buy a Series X right now.

PS5 exclusives have like, nothing interesting going on for me and they killed off their dev teams I actually liked, so
Tbh, considering Sony's porting all their exlusives to PC eventually, and that X-Box is the more money friendly, I feel as if I'm not missing out on much in the long run.

Now if only there existed a device that was able to boost my laptop's power so it could run more high end things.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
But apeaking of Next Gen, I highkey and considering getting an XBOX Series X.

Like I know the PS5 has exclusives and **** and they look cool but it's impossible to find one...
I swear for the first time in a long long time it seems like there's no real reason to get current gen consoles. Well, I guess the Switch technically counts as next gen but it feels more like gen 8.5 because of the weird timeframe it came out in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom