• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
As I said, I don't plan on revealing it. I have trust issues and the last time my country was at the spotlight I had something resembling a panic attack because I felt like **** about it
Wow, no offense, but wherever you’re from,that place must really be Hell on Earth, meaning you can’t call the US Hell on Earth without describing your own country as well.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Wow, no offense, but wherever you’re from,that place must really beHell on Earth, meaning you can’t call the US Hell on Earth without describing your own country as well.
My country has some serious issues what with its population constantly fighting amongst themselves with one being in a clear position of power

The United States are home to basically everything I hate about humanity

We are not the same

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My country has some serious issues what with its population constantly fighting amongst themselves with one being in a clear position of power

The United States are home to basically everything I hate about humanity

We are not the same
Every country has its disadvantages, Jon. While the US may be bad, other countries have misconceptions about it like we have to those other countries. Some of what you heard of the US may have been misconceptions.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
See it's different because while I know it's a ****hole, I also live pretty ****ing comfortably while countless others are suffering
Least allow me to be correct on continent or region. That a compromise?

I'm guessing.....................................Indian Sub-continent judging by the times you say Goodnight and Good Morning plus British you mentioned. My timezone knowledge is pretty good.
I would have pushed a bit out there and say Kazakhstan or the middle of Russia but the news of the former with the internet blackouts means that's unlikely plus other countries in the region are pretty bad internet wise or have very limited access.

Pushing it to West I'd say Arab World and maybe somewhere like East Africa but unsure. Pushing it East maybe South East Asia, Malaysia specifically since you said British.

Don't mess with an Irish guy who knows history and geography and loves it.

Out of 10 how right am I?

No, the US sucks, I hate it so much here.

But sadly, it's not like any other country is gonna be better for me 🤷‍♂️
Come to Ireland.

Mean as a holiday.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yes, objectively the US has good qualities and bad qualities. Yes some other countries are just as bad, if not worse then the US. We know.

We’re just talkin **** both to humorously voice our dissatisfaction with the system, and mock the overly patriotic dingbats who think the US can do no wrong.

At ease, joke police :239:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Least allow me to be correct on continent or region. That a compromise?

I'm guessing.....................................Indian Sub-continent judging by the times you say Goodnight and Good Morning plus British. My timezone knowledge is pretty good. I would have pushed a bit out there and say Kazakhstan or the middle of Russia but the news of the former with the internet blackouts means that's unlikely.

Pushing it to West I'd say Arab World and maybe somewhere like East Africa. Pushing it East maybe South East Asia, Malaysia specifically since you said British.

Don't mess with an Irish guy who knows history and geography and loves it.

Out of 10 how right am I?
I don't know jack about geography but you're pretty far off the mark from what I can tell

osby

Smash Obsessed
The US has some bad, really stupid stuff but I thought they existed in other countries too.

Doesn’t excuse the stuff in the US of course, I just don’t understand seeing it as the absolute worst.
Yeah, "USA the worst" is kinda a meme.

It's mainly because
1. the USA genuinely has low Human Development Index values among developed countries, which makes it stand out
2. it can't go two years without using military/economical/political force on other countries so people are salty

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For when an even worst virus that makes COVID seem like an inconvenience emerges.

We'll all experience true hell indeed. The true ugliness that virus will unleash in people.
It was stupidity that got us in the COVID mess to begin with, and it won't get us out if it.

As Einstein said, there are only two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and we are cursed with human stupidity.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It was stupidity that got us in the COVID mess to begin with, and it won't get us out if it.

As Einstein said, there are only two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and we are cursed with human stupidity.
Remember too, most people live good lives, take that way, say an apocalypse especially happened and you'll see their true selves. Survival and thinking for one selves being the only thing on their mind. Everyone has a limit, there's sin deep down in everyone.

Which is why due to all of this were all bound to eventually doom ourselves.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Remember too, most people live good lives, take that way, say an apocalypse especially happened and you'll see their true selves. Survival and thinking for one selves being the only thing on their mind. Everyone has a limit, there's sin deep down in everyone.
Yeah, but some people are just too selfish. Survival and thinking do play a part of selfishness. But yeah, as they say, no one is perfect, which is why we have flaws.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Enough with the mope though for I have Ice-Cream news!

1642006179935.png

I got two of these tubs for a third of the price today and no one is getting any! Gonna gain weight. Save most of it later.

Smash your fist through the screens if you want any!

osby

Smash Obsessed

Which is why due to all of this were all bound to eventually doom ourselves.
I'm pretty sure the idea that everyone is inherently immoral is a weird Christianity thing and doesn't have a reliable source.

If you push people to extreme conditions, they'll show extreme reactions. Doesn't change that humans are social creatures and resort to group work and mutual dependence to solve problems most of the time. Our emphatic capabilities for the members of our species are unparalleled in the animal kingdom.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

not even 12 pm yet
Laugh now while you can. When an even worst virus emerges, you'll truly see the true ugliness in people as COVID has shown us.

We all mostly live good lives but say if an apocalypse occurs, it'll show our true selves, survival and thinking for one self only. There's a limit to everyone and deep down there's sin in all of us.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yes, objectively the US has good qualities and bad qualities. Yes some other countries are just as bad, if not worse then the US. We know.

We’re just talkin **** both to humorously voice our dissatisfaction with the system, and mock the overly patriotic dingbats who think the US can do no wrong.

At ease, joke police :239:
Yeah, "USA the worst" is kinda a meme.

It's mainly because
1. the USA genuinely has low Human Development Index values among developed countries, which makes it stand out
2. it can't go two years without using military/economical/political force on other countries so people are salty
This is understandable. I genuinely didn’t know it was a joke (sometimes it’s more obvious and I get why people don’t like the country I just didn’t understand seeing it as the absolute worst relative to others, I’m not one of those extremely patriotic dudes (I myself wish the government would get off their butts and stop seeming out of touch etc. but I don’t like to think about that too much)).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyway, I think while flaws are not bad, they technically vary from person to person, as do opinions. I believe the combination of both can create problems, problems people have yet to overcome.

The following may seem controversial, but freedom practically, as in not wholly but close; in the United States has no limits. I do think everything is better with limits, and the fact that there are almost no limits in freedom, save for a number of laws, can create problems. This is why I do not like the current system of the USA.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Goes to show overall in a way Joker is right about society and the whole "One Bad Day".
Dude, even Alan Moore regrets writing Killing Joke, let it go.

Smashboards Moment speedrun (Any %).
Checklist:
Arguing over US ✅
Unironic Joker quote ✅
Covid argument ✅
Bigotry
Moderation Moment
MCU argument
Pokemon argument
You forgot Sonic argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.