• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
BTW, today only on Cyber Monday, Switch Pro Controllers are $20 off at most major retailers if you want to get one. Highly recommend.

Reminder it does have Bluetooth so it also works on PC and phone.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
So, I never played B2&W2, so I'm looking into it, and looking at this Challenge Mode thing, and gosh, I effing hate gen 5, so many ***-backwards decisions.

So, what was supposed to be the best new, and unfortunately, unique feature of gen 5, is locked behind the most scream-inducing bs.

"Hey guys, you know how we force players to need two games + two systems just to get some exclusive Pokémon? Haha, what if we did that, but for hard mode? Literally let's make an item that the player gets after finishing Black 2, but they can't use it on their own damn game and need some else to trade theirs to them, because ** the players and ** you too, my team lost this Sunday and I will make everyone pay for it.
Also, White 2 gets an item to unlock easy mode instead of hard mode, because I hit my toe on the desk just now.
"

Yes, I'm a little worked up over a 10yo game.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I had that **** on DVD, watched it a ton back in the day.

It was funny to get a little older and realize it was trash.
Realizing some of your favorite movies as a kid were absolute garbage in retrospect is always a fun experience.

To think there was a time I thoroughly enjoyed the likes of Alvin and the Chipmunks and Chicken Little

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
But seriously, finding someone who actually hates Gen 5 is like finding a dinosaur.

As in I thought they went extinct.
To be fair, GF managed to make even worse generations in the last five years, so there's that.
But things like that just make my hatred for gen 5 rekindles a little. Like, you just created the first ever hard mode in a main series game, can you, like, just act normal for once and implement that the way a normal Dev would? No? This is just another thing that I as a fan of the series will never have access to? Alright, thanks, at least I know you would never do something like forced exp. share, that would be so dumb.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright fellas, I am BEGGING. PLEADING. for the last time someone please help me choose from this catalog of games to get before the sale ends:
  • Dark Souls
  • Shovel Knight
  • Spelunky 2
  • Gungeon
  • Ni no Kuni

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The last balance patch for Smash Ultimate is coming
I'm a little sad to see this. While there's still a chance the few characters I want to see get tweaks get them here, I feel having the last patch be a little further out would've helped in catching any imbalances that could pop up in the coming months.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The last balance patch for Smash Ultimate is coming
This is Sakurai's last chance to nerf the rat. :076:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, GF managed to make even worse generations in the last five years, so there's that.
But things like that just make my hatred for gen 5 rekindles a little. Like, you just created the first ever hard mode in a main series game, can you, like, just act normal for once and implement that the way a normal Dev would? No? This is just another thing that I as a fan of the series will never have access to? Alright, thanks, at least I know you would never do something like forced exp. share, that would be so dumb.
I mean, I was talking about the idea that the majority find Gen 5 to be the best in the series nowadays (including myself) so you're kinda an outlier in that regard.

Not saying the locked difficulty kodes aren't bull****, but give it another shot, you mighg like it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright fellas, I am BEGGING. PLEADING. for the last time someone please help me choose from this catalog of games to get before the sale ends:
  • Dark Souls
  • Shovel Knight
  • Spelunky 2
  • Gungeon
  • Ni no Kuni
Shovel knight or Dark Souls if you want a challenge

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That reminds me

I saw some PokeTuber on Twitter claiming that BDSP would have been significantly better if Masuda was gone and Ohmori directes instead.

As if he didn't direct SwSh.

Same dude's content revolves on ****ting on Masuda and Ohmori and he has a thumbnail labeling Ohmori as a scammer for Ultra SuMo as if he directed it.

Has the Pokemon cycle accelerated that fast?

Or is that one guy just a clout chasing dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom