• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gliscor’s one of the best shinies in the game
Oh yeah. Love it when a shiny naturally comes with natural complementary colors, and a pitch black cape for a dramatic flair.

Hatched it in a quickball to for that matching color scheme.

I've been wanting to do this shiny hunt for so long, but Dexit held me back.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My ranking of all the films I've seen this year so far.

Best (10):
Nobody
Godzilla vs. Kong
The Mitchells vs. The Machines
The Suicide Squad
Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog
Malignant

Good (7-9):
Willy's Wonderland
Boss Level
Arlo the Alligator Boy
Wrath of Man
A Quiet Place Part II
Luca
The Tomorrow War
Jungle Cruise
Free Guy
Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms
Copshop
No Time To Die
The Last Duel
Dune
Last Night in Soho
Antlers

Okay (4-6):
Finding 'Ohana
Raya and the Last Dragon
Those Who Wish Me Dead
The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
The Ice Road
F9
Black Widow
Gunpowder Milkshake
The Green Knight
Reminiscence
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Red Notice

Meh (1-3):
Wrong Turn
Tom & Jerry
Coming 2 America
Mortal Kombat
Oxygen
Army of the Dead
Spiral
Infinite
Jolt
Prisoners of the Ghostland
Eternals

Bad (0):
Shadow in the Cloud
Awake
The Misfits
Space Jam: A New Legacy

Want to See:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Encanto
Spider-Man: No Way Home

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

The Union Room makes me feel so awkward AAAAAAA

IF YOU REFUSE A TRADE THE PERSON YOU WERE TRADING WITH IS STILL THERE AND CAN JUST FOLLOW YOU AROUND AWKWARDLY

AAAAAAAAAAAA WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO MEEEEEEE THIS DIALS UP THE ANXIETY TO 11 ;-;

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So like what even is Pokemon Masters? I see the gacha but have no clue how it even works.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So like what even is Pokemon Masters? I see the gacha but have no clue how it even works.
You tap the screen to make Pokémon fight. Three on three battles.

There are a lot of side stories that focus on the trainer characters, which are great for the weirdos who actually care about the characters in Pokémon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A gacha that hands out a lot of free units, listens to the fans, offers plenty of content and event, develops a pretty fun original carpet, with Ocs that actually have solid arcs. While bringing in characters from all the games and delivering on expanding more
Lore and character growth in individual side stories. It’s pretty well made imo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
3v3 battles. The set up is similar to regular battles in the main series (stats, moves mostly act the same, status conditions, etc.) but with key differences that change the overall balance.* The big thing is that every 9 actions you perform you can perform a screen nuke. *Ex. Mega Pokemon have weaker screen nukes but gain buffed stats.

It's a gacha in that you have to pull for many characters and that obtaining duplicates of the same character unlocks additional abilities/customization. Most of the game is F2P friendly, with many strong units being free, and given the lack of direct PvP co-op, whaling is mostly up to you.

First time players also now have access to an exclusive but temporary gacha pool that offers higher 5* pull rates and the ability to pull for Red, Blue, and Leaf who are among, if not, the strongest units in the game.

A gacha that hands out a lot of free units, listens to the fans, offers plenty of content and event, develops a pretty fun original carpet, with Ocs that actually have solid arcs. While bringing in characters from all the games and delivering on expanding more
Lore and character growth in individual side stories. It’s pretty well made imo.
More or less. It's Fan Service the game. Not that it's perfect, but the developers have also been pretty up front in addressing fan feedback, at least compared to say Pokemon Go.

Also the music remixes are fantastic.

Reactions: Z25

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Let's see, I didn't competitively breed my Gligar at all so to make it competitive ready I need

An Ability Capsule (200 bp)
A Impish Mint (50 bp)
5 Bottle Caps (25 x 5 bp)
A Razor Fang (5 bp)

That's 380 bp. Oh boy. I guess I'm not out of the grind yet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just finished up killing every boss in Breath of the Wild. Took me about 5 total hours, goddamn. Thankfully all of the grinding gave me a good amount of rupees, got maybe 20k off of it, so it got me about halfway through buying the Compendium and got me the Ancient set from Akkala. All I really have left now is the Trial of Power and all of the sidequests I've been too lazy to finish. Still need about 30k to finish off the Compendium but I know how to grind for this stuff.

3v3 battles. The set up is similar to regular battles in the main series (stats, moves mostly act the same, status conditions, etc.) but with key differences that change the overall balance.* The big thing is that every 9 actions you perform you can perform a screen nuke. *Ex. Mega Pokemon have weaker screen nukes but gain buffed stats.

It's a gacha in that you have to pull for many characters and that obtaining duplicates of the same character unlocks additional abilities/customization. Most of the game is F2P friendly, with many strong units being free, and given the lack of direct PvP co-op, whaling is mostly up to you.

First time players also now have access to an exclusive but temporary gacha pool that offers higher 5* pull rates and the ability to pull for Red, Blue, and Leaf who are among, if not, the strongest units in the game.
A truly F2P and community-respondent gacha game?

...Nah, you almost had me there for a second.:4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm seriously considering buying Switch Online, now that I got properly working Joy-Cons again. Not that 50€ expansion pass though, **** that.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
It’s basically combining Megas with Z-Moves (which imo Megas kind of should have been from the beginning).
I disagree, Megas in gens 6 and 7 are more strategic mons that integrate well with the rest of the team and can serve many purposes, you can switch them out and back in and just keep playing normally like they are just stronger Pokémon and nothing more.
Z moves and Maxes are nukes, their sole purpose is to make as much damage as it can in one go (except non-damaging moves of course), that's why Maxes only last 3 turns, that's why you can't switch them out, and if they make Megas nukes like that, for balancing sake, they would need similar limitations.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I think i'm going to play Pokémon Soulsilver again soon. I'm in no hurry to play the gen4 remakes and I'm really in the mood right now. :249:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Morning m'gamers

Ain't she a kid tho?

You're a little *****

jk you cool
In the Street fighter 5/3 time period she's in her 20's, I think, i know she graduated high school at that point and has a day job.I
I'm petty sure she was also 18 during 4 but nobody really pays attention to Street fighter lore lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

“I’m Fury Ogun. I will guide you to victory! Any who stand in our way will perish!"

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: Yoruba mythology. Ogun is a god of many facets and is both a skillful ironsmith who taught people to use metal and a fierce warrior who may kill his followers if they fail to show him respect. As a heroic spirit, he cleared the way of gods to earth with his ax. He has an aggressive and straightforward personality and is associated with spitting cobras and hunting dogs. His origin is Nigeria but he’s later incorporated into other beliefs like Haitian voodoo.

Skills: Blight, Agidyne, Heavy Blow, Fire Dracostrike

Next time you will meet a demon of the Herald race.

Nice mask but not very inspired, otherwise. Still, I can see Ogun as a strong, primordial warrior with his eerily skin-like clothes. One nitpick I have is him wielding a spear rather than an ax. Ogun is sometimes sorted into the Zealot race, possibly due to his specific set of offerings. Predictably, he benefits from learning physical skills and possesses high endurance and strength.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This seems interesting, it’s probably something big name if its been in the works this long. Though aren’t world premieres usually used on games that haven’t been shown off? I’d also like to point out how well this fits Metroid Prime 4.
I don't think Nintendo wants to show off Prime 4 until at least E3 so Dread can still get holiday sales in as it's still being promoted. Though even if it was Prime 4, you couldn't get me to care about TGA either way lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I disagree, Megas in gens 6 and 7 are more strategic mons that integrate well with the rest of the team and can serve many purposes, you can switch them out and back in and just keep playing normally like they are just stronger Pokémon and nothing more.
Z moves and Maxes are nukes, their sole purpose is to make as much damage as it can in one go (except non-damaging moves of course), that's why Maxes only last 3 turns, that's why you can't switch them out, and if they make Megas nukes like that, for balancing sake, they would need similar limitations.
I just want my cool unique Pokémon to have a bunch of unique looking attacks. Also regular Pokémon are already nukes. It’s called type advantages and being at a higher level.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Did NOT see this one coming.
I know TGA is a joke but still surprised it took them this long. Mobile gaming is huge, ignoring it is like burying your head in sand at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom