• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know I say this about everything but man would lego persona sets be so cool. Like obviously building the Morgana Car and the Velvet Room would be cool but I’m primarily thinking of sets where you have mini figures of the characters but then you can build their personas Bionicle style. That would be so cool!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I understand why they didn’t bring back the Monster Hunter themed villagers for the ACNH update

but no Zelda or Splatoon? Not even new ones from that series? They’re in house IPs ffs

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have to ask, is this Pibby thing good? Cause from what I've heard it seems people who don't know what a creepypasta is saw it and was amazed at the audacity. Not to say that it inherently devalues the show, but I want to know more beyond how it's a spoopy spaghet show
Have you seen the trailer?

The concept sounds basic but I think the execution is pretty damn cool.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have to ask, is this Pibby thing good? Cause from what I've heard it seems people who don't know what a creepypasta is saw it and was amazed at the audacity. Not to say that it inherently devalues the show, but I want to know more beyond how it's a spoopy spaghet show
Well what do you think of the trailer?

A lot of people that watched it see familiar with creepypasta and described the short/trailer? As something that executes a well done Creepypasta.

The multiverse in chaos storyline that kinda brings back the idea of CN City appeals to a lot of people to. The characters all have good basis for their personalities that I think set them on a clear but strong arc going forward. The lore potential for this is also pretty high, combined with the fact they somehow go to Nickelodeon worlds as well, opens up a whole lot of possibilities here.
I legit wonder if it connects to the Void in Gumball, where all is forgotten and erased.

Probably not, but maybe.
I hope it does, it be such a cool reveal and a great Segway into the Gumball movie that plays off of the series ending. It likely doesn’t but I do wonder if the void helped inspire this idea.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
View attachment 336686
Fun fact: My childhood cartoon crush was May from Pokemon.
I don't have a DA account, but I go on there every so often for two reasons;
1. To look for genuinely good pieces of fanart
2. To fuel my fascination with certain "interests" (I dunno if the proper word is banned on this site, so that's the substitute word I'm using). Not shaming or anything, I just think the fact that people have them is interesting.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's a good thing I gradually stopped using DeviantArt after I finished elementary school because if I came into my (at the time) new friend circle with the same interests I had back then I would've probably wound up friendless
Tbh, I stopped midway through middle school. It got "cringe".

Except this time it was actually justified lmao I checked today to see if it got better shortly after posting that meme and nope lmao.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
literally the only person who kept me caring for the game

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Throwback to that one time I made a sexual innuendo aimed at no one in particular and hid it with an inline spoiler and got infracted

And that's without even mentioning *****, this site's moderation is a joke
shoutouts to the time I made a RWJ joke and got the post deleted.

Guess I can't be ****' anyone's mom :(

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Lmao, that same RWJ joke netted Noi one of his bans, so someone on the team really ****ing hates RWJ
What is RWJ? I'm out of the loop on this one.

Also, now that I think about it, how have I not been banned following a year's worth of gushing about a franchise known for its fanservice? In retrospect, seems like something would immediately get my skull caved in with the hammer.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tbh, I stopped midway through middle school. It got "cringe".

Except this time it was actually justified lmao I checked today to see if it got better shortly after posting that meme and nope lmao.
Oh yeah 100%

It was basically modern Twitter if literally everyone had the mental capacity of a toddler. At some point I came back to it solely because of that cool roster builder thing one guy was working on but aince then he moved on to other things so there's no reason for me to be there

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
literally the only person who kept me caring for the game
Glad to see that they're finally getting around to adding Spider-Man, though it still seems like a bizarre move to take Marvel's biggest hero and make him (by all accounts) exclusive to Sony systems. (If it was a timed exclusive, like Sony consoles getting Spider-Man a month early, then that seems like it would make more sense to me)

I wonder how much content they're going to put out for this game after this. I haven't played much of it yet, but considering that Ms. Marvel is the main/viewpoint character, you'd think that they would have planned to include Captain Marvel.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Also, now that I think about it, how have I not been banned following a year's worth of gushing about a franchise known for its fanservice? In retrospect, seems like something would immediately get my skull caved in with the hammer.
Ray William Johnson, the first king of Youtube and singer of the meme song Doin' Your Mom. For some reason the song is banned from Smashboards because some staff member is in a Puritan mood and can't bear the thought of people doing such lewd acts, even when people are clearly joking.

Something something think of the children I guess I don't ****in' know this **** just happens. It's the regular wax and wane of how strict the moderation of the Social Thread is over time. It's happened before and I'm sure it'll happen again.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ray William Johnson. A big star on old school youtube, and known for his band Your Favorite Martian which has a song called Doin Your M-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom