• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don’t understand what was bad about the baby (les goooo) Metroid scene.

It recognizing Samus due to imprinting on her as its mother, then later saving her and giving her epic rainbow powers isn’t awesome??? Yeah it died too and it’s sad but at least it died a loyal soldier.
Nobody calls that scene bad? Whenever people **** talk THE BABY it's exclusively about Other M

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Should have been a Alpha Metroid AKA The CHAD Metroid. 😎 That and the most annoying Metroid to fight in AM2R on Hard Mode.

D

Deleted member

Double post
Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Speed Weed Speed Weed gonna watch Free Guy right now

Screenshot_20211017-094752_YouTube.jpg

Noipoi Noipoi @osby Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Speed Weed Speed Weed @Freezerburn finished watching Free Guy while doing some house clean up.

The movie was really cool. With tons of well-written characters, clever phylosophical stuff in the script and a take on videogames which at least for me was represented better than in most other movies. I feel my favourite characters were Guy himself, the girl, Guy's police friend and Dude after the battle.

Gonna give It a 9.5/10.

Edit: forgot something important "Cathphrase!"

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Noipoi Noipoi @osby Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Speed Weed Speed Weed @Freezerburn finished watching Free Guy while doing some house clean up.

The movie was really cool. With tons of well-written characters, clever phylosophical stuff in the script and a take on videogames which at least for me was represented better than in most other movies. I feel my favourite characters were Guy himself, the girl, Guy's police friend and Dude after the battle.

Gonna give It a 9.5/10.

Edit: forgot something important "Cathphrase!"
Free Guy is pretty much what I consider as one of the biggest surprise films of this year.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Boy, I sure hate when you get sent a script, and it's full of stuff that's borderline fetish content. So you say you don't wanna record it, and the client says "You serious? It's comedy."

Fetish miners are a real thing in the VO community and I hate it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Boy, I sure hate when you get sent a script, and it's full of stuff that's borderline fetish content. So you say you don't wanna record it, and the client says "You serious? It's comedy."

Worst I had so far was some rando on Newgrounds trying to get free art from me. And they asked again even after I told them I don't do free requests. Blocked that person a long while ago. You just know some people can't take a hint.

"Bro, he says, please rub your feet on me madam. That's hilarious right?" - John FootFetish probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Why are they asking a minor to record borderline fetish stuff? 🤨

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, if Sora comes out late at night on Monday… idk if I can do a stream that day as it gets hard to stream after 8 PM due to my schedule. I won’t be able to make it as long as I’d want

duxx

Smash Ace
had a really busy couple of days w 2 tests + hoco game + marching band performance on friday, and then a ton of family stuff and the hoco dance yesterday. feels great to finally get some time to relax

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I just Uploaded my newest Video on my Youtube channel With the Same name as me!
If you are fluent in german maybe check it out im trying to help out another youtuber in it! To be More specific its "the spongebob guy"
And because the Social Thread is my bane i will do the evilist thing! I will force you to go to my youtube channel And check it out instead of putting it here!
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
This evil laugh i did really reminded me of.... Nah not yet!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, I've delved back into the world of Minecraft modding outside of Optifine.

Gonna try running Fabric and see what it's all about. It's weird seeing a new mod loader when Forge has been the only one for so long after the OG ModLoader got phased out, but eh, who knows? Maybe I'll make the shift after being loyal to Forge for like, almost a decade now, lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
g'morning m'gamers

seems like smashboards now autocensors l*gma which is hysterical

They're highlighting the OG team?

Maybe this will actually be good

I mean I only played Super Metroid for the first time recently and the scene where the baby metroid sucked all the energy from me scared the **** out of me, and I'm not someone who gets frightened easily. I don't think that scene would work if it was an Omega Metroid, same with its death scene - especially since no Omega Metroid shows up prior to this so its inclusion would just seem out of nowhere to people who haven't played Return of Samus. You gotta consider the context of the game - Metroids are some of the biggest threats in Super Metroid so having a gigantic one succ you of all of your energy without you having an opportunity to react is naturally a terrifying prospect, which is why I think it's such an effective moment. The fact it shows remorse for doing so also makes the player recognize it as the baby Metroid, which again, wouldn't work if it was an Omega Metroid unless the player has played Metroid 2.
Maybe it’s just the fact that I already don’t think the Metroids look scary or intimidating in their larval stage at all.

And regardless of all of that. Omega Metroid vs Final Mother Brain would just be a really cool thing to see ok. Way cooler then Mega Mushroom baby Metroid That’s the root of all this. I just wanna see cool space t-Rex fight space Brain-zilla.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Maybe it’s just the fact that I already don’t think the Metroids look scary or intimidating in their larval stage at all.
Okay but consider having this thing float around in real life and suck out all the fluids of your loved ones.

Now imagine having a gigantic one float around in real life and suck out all the fluids of your loved ones.
And regardless of all of that. Omega Metroid vs Final Mother Brain would just be a really cool thing to see ok. Way cooler then Mega Mushroom baby Metroid That’s the root of all this. I just wanna see cool space t-Rex fight space Brain-zilla.
That's not the point of the scene though?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay but consider having this thing float around in real life and suck out all the fluids of your loved ones.

Now imagine having a gigantic one float around in real life and suck out all the fluids of your loved ones.

That's not the point of the scene though?
And yet it’s all I can think of when I see it

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ok but why care about a BOOOORIIIING scene which has NO PERSONALITY for Samus where I can imagine kaboom pew pews and **** which is clearly superior for a narrative
**** like this is why Rise of Skywalker happened
so far its just Connor, Megan, and Gar, but the rest will pop up. Finna be great things happening
I really didn't like season 3 so let me know if this is an improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom