• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
With Smash Ultimate's DLC coming to an end this Tuesday (presumably - maybe they could release some random stages or Mii costumes afterwards, but I doubt it), what are some games or series that you got into thanks to this period of Smash speculation or reveals?

For me, it was:

-Castlevania - I had tried playing the classic titles on the Wii and Wii U, but I couldn't get into them. Richter's inclusion led to me giving Symphony of the Night a shot, and between that and Aria of Sorrow (and Bloodstained, which partially counts), I definitely prefer the Metroid themed Castlevanias over the linear platformers)

-Persona - I had bought Persona 5 on sale, but hadn't played it. Joker's reveal encouraged me to try it out. Since then, I beat Persona 5 Strikers, and 4, and bought 3 and Arena Ultimax, so I'm a fan

-Shantae - admittedly, this also has to do with Fraymakers, but I gave the series a shot (though admittedly, I went with the shortest game, Risky's Revenge), and I enjoyed it

-Ninja Gaiden - I made sure to do my research and pick the easiest game in the series, and even then, it kicked my butt repeatedly even on the second-easiest difficulty. Still, I have a better understanding of why people want Ryu Hayabusa in Smash, even if I still don't see the appeal behind ultra-difficult series like this or Dark Souls. (I'm fine with difficulty up to the point, but after a while, it's just not fun)

I think that's about it - while I started out with other series, like Guilty Gear or Dragon Quest, that had more to due with the fact that they were easily available, rather than trying them out for reasons relating to Smash speculation.
Donkey Kong Country. K Rool made me check the games out. Now I’m sitting here anxiously awaiting the reveal of the new one.

I suppose Fire Emblem as well. I’m not a huge fan, but every once in a while I’ll pick up the newest game and have a good time.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
With Smash Ultimate's DLC coming to an end this Tuesday (presumably - maybe they could release some random stages or Mii costumes afterwards, but I doubt it), what are some games or series that you got into thanks to this period of Smash speculation or reveals?

For me, it was:

-Castlevania - I had tried playing the classic titles on the Wii and Wii U, but I couldn't get into them. Richter's inclusion led to me giving Symphony of the Night a shot, and between that and Aria of Sorrow (and Bloodstained, which partially counts), I definitely prefer the Metroid themed Castlevanias over the linear platformers)

-Persona - I had bought Persona 5 on sale, but hadn't played it. Joker's reveal encouraged me to try it out. Since then, I beat Persona 5 Strikers, and 4, and bought 3 and Arena Ultimax, so I'm a fan

-Shantae - admittedly, this also has to do with Fraymakers, but I gave the series a shot (though admittedly, I went with the shortest game, Risky's Revenge), and I enjoyed it

-Ninja Gaiden - I made sure to do my research and pick the easiest game in the series, and even then, it kicked my butt repeatedly even on the second-easiest difficulty. Still, I have a better understanding of why people want Ryu Hayabusa in Smash, even if I still don't see the appeal behind ultra-difficult series like this or Dark Souls. (I'm fine with difficulty up to the point, but after a while, it's just not fun)

I think that's about it - while I started out with other series, like Guilty Gear or Dragon Quest, that had more to due with the fact that they were easily available, rather than trying them out for reasons relating to Smash speculation.
I played Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country thanks to their respective Smash reveals. And while I didn’t play em’, I checked out playthroughs of Persona 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Well, I did play a bit of Xenoblade.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ya know, since Chapter 2 of DR did well, and that October 30 this year is gonna be like Deltarune Second Anniversery, if i'm not mistaken. Ya guys think we're going to get a little something for Toby at the end of the month?
Maybe, but I find it more likely that we’ll get more Deltarune news in about four years :nifty:

D

Deleted member

I got into Dragon Quest because of Hero’s inclusion. Though as of now I’ve only played XI S and the OG trilogy.

Shroob

Sup?

For me, it was:

They already confirmed that Mii costumes are done with this wave of dlc.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
people are raging against Amazon for not releasing Hotel Transylvania 4…not their fault Sony isn’t ready to release it for them yet

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Maybe, but I find it more likely that we’ll get more Deltarune news in about four years :nifty:
I wasn't even thinking about big news or the like, just a little cool surprise for DR fans since Chapter 1 as been out for 2-3 years at this point.

Though will say, it ain't gonna take 4 years to get big news lol. Call me a optimist, but at most, we just have to wait 2 more years for Chapter 3-5. (maybe a little less if developpement goes much smoother thanks to chapter 2 experience)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That’s the dream, brother.
Gotta trust the dog, BROOOOOOTHER.

And all the new cool peoples who are helping Toby too! Little man got contact with some really experienced peoples it seem.

EDIT: also idk why, but I feel Toby is gonna share some new musics with us for october 30.

Don't ask me why, could be VERY wrong, but I got a little feeling.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

For me, it was:

Dragon Quest 11, Final Fantasy 7, more taditional FGs (wanted to expand my knowledge of FGs).

I do not regret buying any of them, especially DQ11. Such a good game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I doubt we’ll be getting Deltarune news super soon, but if I recall correctl, Toby said that the development of future chapters should be quicker now that he has a team, so hey, that’s good!
He has a team now? When was this? This sounds interesting.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I doubt we’ll be getting Deltarune news super soon, but if I recall correctl, Toby said that the development of future chapters should be quicker now that he has a team, so hey, that’s good!
Pretty much what I been thinking, yeah.

He gonna be confident too if he think he can release 3 chapters in one go.
He has a team now? When was this? This sounds interesting.
Not sure exactly when, but he got one between chapter 1 and 2.

Pretty much needed one to be able to make Deltarune a full game too.

D

Deleted member

I’ve been seeing so much stuff about Amazon’s New World MMORPG. Really curious if I should play it, considering the mmorpg nerd I am.

At the same time though, Crossover might not be enough to get it to run on my chromebook.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

For me, it was:

They were already in my backlog but I played Super Metroid, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night & Persona 5 because of Smash hype. All three ended up being some of my favorite games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom