• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'll ban of all of yous and your ma's from winning the lottery!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao! I'm gonna get hit!

-----------------------------------------

So yeah. I'm doing alright but felt like I had to have the two minutes of hate today.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Okay then, MooMew64 MooMew64 . I just think @TheMightyP and Jondolio Jondolio are still mad at me for the two things that happened yesterday and today.
Look man, tone on the internet is a touchy subject for me. Doesn't help that from what I've seen, you deflect every time someone calls you out on stuff like that instead of learning from it. Like yesterday when you joked with MightyP that his art looks bad and instead of apologizing, you doubled down. You're over 30 years old too, so you have no excuse.

Also I don't like getting unprompted PMs, it stresses me out because I associate them with warnings.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Look man, tone on the internet is a touchy subject for me. Doesn't help that from what I've seen, you deflect every time someone calls you out on stuff like that instead of learning from it. Like yesterday when you joked with MightyP that his art looks bad and instead of apologizing, you doubled down. You're over 30 years old too, so you have no excuse.
See, this isn't helping. I did apologize in the end, but I only doubled down because I was unaware of how much exactly TheMightyP was hurt. It was more of ignorance rather than immaturity.

But anyway, saying things like that is not going to help. I know my age, but I have flaws, and things I do not know before hand. Maybe apologize for going hard on me and things will be cool.

I have had enough unwanted drama and trouble already, whether I earned it or not, I don't think I need anymore.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
See, this isn't helping. I did apologize in the end, but I only doubled down because I was unaware of how much exactly TheMightyP was hurt. It was more of ignorance rather than immaturity.

But anyway, saying things like that is not going to help. I know my age, but I have flaws, and things I do not know before hand. Maybe apologize for going hard on me and things will be cool.

I have had enough unwanted drama and trouble already, whether I earned it or not, I don't think I need anymore.
Fine. I'm sorry.

But I meant what I said in my last post too. You need to be more conscious of how you interact with others.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Fine. I'm sorry.

But I meant what I said in my last post too. You need to be more conscious of how you interact with others.
I can try, and I will try.

Honestly, I wasn't conscious enough for what happened back there, when maybe I should. Of course, forget the maybe, for overall, I should have. I don't know why I let what I did happen, too.

Any, thanks.

EDIT: I know my age, and I know I have no excuse, but I am a bit socially awkward at times. Maybe because I am autistic, and I did not interact much during high school, due to being shy.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Remember CannonStreak CannonStreak to take a break if needed.

Sometime there's days that just don't go well for ya, and the best way to deal with them & come back on a better foot is to do other stuff for a few days & come back with a fresh mind.

You don't have to go for 3 months or the like too, sometime a few days is all that's needed, but of course, that's up to you.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: I know my age, and I know I have no excuse, but I am a bit socially awkward at times. Maybe because I am autistic, and I did not interact much during high school, due to being shy.
I’m gonna be honest.

That sounds exactly like how I was in 2018-2019.

But then I got laughed off the site because of how much of an ass I was being.

Maybe taking time to step back and reflect is in order?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think I'm gonna go to sleep now. Today was kind of rough for me since I was functioning on 5 hours of sleep so hopefully I'll sleep better tonight

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Remember CannonStreak CannonStreak to take a break if needed.

Sometime there's days that just don't go well for ya, and the best way to deal with them & come back on a better foot is to do other stuff for a few days & come back with a fresh mind.

You don't have to go for 3 months or the like too, sometime a few days is all that's needed, but of course, that's up to you.
Though, I decided to stay, thanks,

Regardless, the times like yesterday and today may be because I am autistic, and that I did not interact much in high school.

I’m gonna be honest.

That sounds exactly like how I was in 2018-2019.

But then I got laughed off the site because of how much of an ass I was being.

Maybe taking time to step back and reflect is in order?
Maybe, but I just want to say, that while I have my flaws, and am capable of doing wrongs, I still mean no harm, and I am still a nice guy. My point here is that though I may do bad things every now and then, whether by ignorance or overconfidence, believe me when I say...

I would never try to excuse myself out of apologizing for these things, not intentionally, anyway.

So, what else do you guys want to talk about?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Serious Sam is a game series that’s not for the faint of heart. You fight over 200 enemies at once on the medium skill.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Now, that is interesting, if I do say so, myself. I wonder how hard those enemies are, though?
It varies, some are fairly tanky like the Kleer Skeletons and the Werebulls. Others like the Kamikazes and the Marsh Hoppers are not. Problem is, is that all the enemies I mentioned can do pretty large damage fairly quickly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It varies, some are fairly tanky like the Kleer Skeletons and the Werebulls. Others like the Kamikazes and the Marsh Hoppers are not. Problem is, is that all the enemies I mentioned can do pretty large damage fairly quickly.
With all that, that sounds brutal to fight 200 enemies that consist of those kinds of guys.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
With all that, that sounds brutal to fight 200 enemies that consist of those kinds of guys.
Yeah, it is. It wouldn’t be Serious Sam otherwise. It is brutal, and the higher skills are just sadistic. The bosses also have lots of HP, with Serious Sam 2’s final boss having the same amount of HP as the Emerald Weapon.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, it is. It wouldn’t be Serious Sam otherwise. It is brutal, and the higher skills are just sadistic. The bosses also have lots of HP, with Serious Sam 2’s final boss having the same amount of HP as the Emerald Weapon.
So, how many enemies do you fight at once in hard mode?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of which, I saw this post last night but didn't have time to reply so sorry for the late answer Snake.

• David Copperfield and other Charles Dickens novels
  • Flatland
  • The Woman in White
  • King Solomon’s Mines
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • The Hunting of the Snark other Lewis poems
  • Viy
  • Poe's works in general but especially The Fall of the House of Usher
Having looked into some of these stories. I have definitively added The Count of Monte Cristo to my list. The rest, I decided to exclude. Lewis Carrol’s works I am purposely avoiding to avoid drawing potential lawsuits from the mouse house. I know the works are in public domain. But just because Disney would loose the lawsuit doesn’t stop them from filing it in the first place. Viy is an interesting on that I am considering also but do not know if I can make a definitive statement on yet. I had considered Copperfield before. But he really is kind of just a guy. He’s a gentleman. Not an Extraordinary Gentleman. Flatland is amazing but is so abstract that I have no idea how to fit it in. The Fall of the House of Usher is a story i will certainly read, but I feel like incorporating it into this project wouldn’t really add anything. Same with Woman in White. I will let you know how things progress with the pitch as I finish reading these books.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Darn! I wonder how any player would survive that?
With weapons like the cannon and the minigun. The cannon shoots uranium-filled cannonballs that bowl through enemies and also explode. And the minigun mows through them. Also, the Serious Bomb which clears the screen of enemies.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With weapons like the cannon and the minigun. The cannon shoots uranium-filled cannonballs that bowl through enemies and also explode. And the minigun mows through them. Also, the Serious Bomb which clears the screen of enemies.
Must take a lot of skill, though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Though, I decided to stay, thanks,

Regardless, the times like yesterday and today may be because I am autistic, and that I did not interact much in high school.

Maybe, but I just want to say, that while I have my flaws, and am capable of doing wrongs, I still mean no harm, and I am still a nice guy. My point here is that though I may do bad things every now and then, whether by ignorance or overconfidence, believe me when I say...

I would never try to excuse myself out of apologizing for these things, not intentionally, anyway.

So, what else do you guys want to talk about?
I say this for now & then I move on to something else since i'm no expert on the topic:

Even though it can be hard, don't overcomplicate situations & don't let your past mistakes & other opinion of you because of said mistakes define who you are.

We all say & do dumb **** once in a while and we try to think & think about how we could have done it better, but truth is, no matter what, we can't change the past. We can however still take the future in our own hands.

It ain't great to think how we could do better thoughi f we aren't in the right mindset, hence why I suggest you to take a break if you really aren't feeling well. No will blame you or curse you for not being here, and if you aren't used to talking to peoples, best thing to do is to take it slowy.

Brief, all that say, hope you the best.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I say this for now & then I move on to something else since i'm no expert on the topic:

Even though it can be hard, don't overcomplicate situations & don't let your past mistakes & other opinion of you because of said mistakes define who you are.

We all say dumb **** once in a while and we try to think & think about how we could have done it better, but truth is, no matter what, we can't change the past. We can however still take the future in our own hands.

It ain't great to think how we could do better thoughi f we aren't in the right mindset, hence why I suggest you to take a break if you really aren't feeling well. No will blame you or curse you for not being here, and if you aren't used to talking to peoples, best thing to do is to take it slowy.

Brief, all that say, hope you the best.
Why thanks for the advice. I dearly appreciate it. Looks like I should try letting the past go, not just yesterday, but more often should I make a mistake again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have literature from America, France, and especially England on my list. But nothing from the East… this place is full of a bunch of weebs. What was Japanese literature like in the 19th century?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, skill is required. Lots of it. Ammo management is key because if you spray and pray, you’re gonna have a bad time. (Insert Megalovania here)
Sans would be proud of that.

Still, not sure if I can take on so many enemies myself. Sounds too brutal for me. Maybe if I practiced enough if I ever were to get Serious Sam...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why thanks for the advice. I dearly appreciate it. Looks like I should try letting the past go, not just yesterday, but more often should I make a mistake again.
Can't help you much here since I don't know you well enough, but if you can, make sure to ask help from peoples who care about you, especially IRL peoples.

It ain't easy to let the past go, but as long you learn from it & try to avoid end up in the same pitfall, I believe you can eventually a better person.

You just gotta believe & try, try & try again.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Sans would be proud of that.

Still, not sure if I can take on so many enemies myself. Sounds too brutal for me. Maybe if I practiced enough if I ever were to get Serious Sam...
Yeah, it’s kinda like Smash TV or the Binding of Isaac. But in an FPS. Try to improve your skills.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can't help you much here since I don't know you well enough, but if you can, make sure to ask help from peoples who care about you, especially IRL peoples.

It ain't easy to let the past go, but as long you learn from it & try to avoid end up in the same pitfall, I believe you can eventually a better person.

You just gotta believe & try, try & try again.
I know what you mean. Though I do have self-realization and awareness, maybe not fully, but still...belief, self or otherwise; I am still working on that. Still, I can try to make it better.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With Smash Ultimate's DLC coming to an end this Tuesday (presumably - maybe they could release some random stages or Mii costumes afterwards, but I doubt it), what are some games or series that you got into thanks to this period of Smash speculation or reveals?

For me, it was:

-Castlevania - I had tried playing the classic titles on the Wii and Wii U, but I couldn't get into them. Richter's inclusion led to me giving Symphony of the Night a shot, and between that and Aria of Sorrow (and Bloodstained, which partially counts), I definitely prefer the Metroid themed Castlevanias over the linear platformers)

-Persona - I had bought Persona 5 on sale, but hadn't played it. Joker's reveal encouraged me to try it out. Since then, I beat Persona 5 Strikers, and 4, and bought 3 and Arena Ultimax, so I'm a fan

-Shantae - admittedly, this also has to do with Fraymakers, but I gave the series a shot (though admittedly, I went with the shortest game, Risky's Revenge), and I enjoyed it

-Ninja Gaiden - I made sure to do my research and pick the easiest game in the series, and even then, it kicked my butt repeatedly even on the second-easiest difficulty. Still, I have a better understanding of why people want Ryu Hayabusa in Smash, even if I still don't see the appeal behind ultra-difficult series like this or Dark Souls. (I'm fine with difficulty up to the point, but after a while, it's just not fun)

I think that's about it - while I started out with other series, like Guilty Gear or Dragon Quest, that had more to due with the fact that they were easily available, rather than trying them out for reasons relating to Smash speculation.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
With Smash Ultimate's DLC coming to an end this Tuesday (presumably - maybe they could release some random stages or Mii costumes afterwards, but I doubt it), what are some games or series that you got into thanks to this period of Smash speculation or reveals?
I was quite familiar with most of the series represented in this game except really SNK's games, I knew about them and had passing knowledge of them but no real details. When the leak struck I researched and basically hyper fixated on their games for about 3 weeks lmao.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
MooMew64 MooMew64 finally got around to watching your vid last night and it was great!
6ki286w72zd41[56].jpg

Thank you so much! I worked hard to rush it out, so I was afraid it'd come out scuffed. Really happy people liked it!

My thanks to Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and Jondolio Jondolio too, as I saw they left comments about it earlier, ha ha. Thanks again for the compliments, everyone! I got a long way to go to getting it where I want it to be, but the subtle improvements and all the things I'm learning on the way are truly fun and have me always wanting to improve more and more.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya know, since Chapter 2 of DR did well, and that October 30 this year is gonna be like Deltarune Second Anniversery, if i'm not mistaken. Ya guys think we're going to get a little something for Toby at the end of the month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom