• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This week's been flying by for me - hard to believe it's two more days until the final Smash Ultimate character is revealed, and less than a week until Metroid Dread comes out.

Work's been keeping me busy for a while now, but I've got the day off today. Not sure what I'll do to pass the time - I might watch Doctor Who at some point (I just finished the 10th Doctor's first season), or try to beat Blaster Master Zero 2. (I'm stuck on a planet that's divided into two sections, with instant-death barriers separating them) Then again, I've been told that the new God of War game is great, so I might play that.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
For me I'm really excited about the last Smash character but not so much as the character (as long as it's a new universe I don't care unless it's Zelda) but more what the final sort of bonus would be. I have a few bets:

1. A bonus stage.

2. Redone "Everyone is Here!" trailer with all the newcomers. Or new opening movie.

3. A five minute self-reflection from Sakurai on the franchise. (After seeing him on Harada's Bar I can see it being fully possible.)

4. A new Smash Bros Ultimate edition with all the DLC and updated boxart.

5. And to post this (doesn't work for one region but maybe for the west.) what we saw the other week.

Nintendo646464ZooLane.jpg

The original Super Smash Bros being the final game on the launch lineup of N64 online (or the first few weeks). And with online play. Doesn't work for Japan but still.

As for the evening to late week I'm also hoping to be doing some connections to Discord sort of deal as well and see if some would be up for joining. Just sad it's coming to an end. As mentioned though.

I hope for some friendships like many of us, Smash Speculation era coming to a close doesn't mean the end of some friendships but the beginning of them for a long time to come.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Doggo post time:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This stray dog is famous for using public transportation to travel through Istanbul and even regularly going between the Anatolian and European sides of the city with underground and ferry.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thanks to my shifted sleep schedule for work, I am going to bed in two hours. And I go to bed on this day of waiting. Tomorrow is the last day of waiting and it is a mere two hours away for me. I have never been more excited to go to sleep.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of which, I saw this post last night but didn't have time to reply so sorry for the late answer Snake.

I’m reading a bunch of 19th century/very early 20th century novels both for my own amusement and for a project involving a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Reboot. So far my reading list has included
She and Allan series
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Dracula
The Invisible Man
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Tom Sawyer series
Sherlock Holmes series
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Orlando: a Biography
Fu-Manchu series
The Phantom of the Opera
C. Auguste Dupin series
Arsène Lupin series
War of the Worlds
The Island of Doctor Moreau
From the Earth to the Moon
The Time Machine
John Carter of Mars series
HP Lovecraft series
Any suggestions for additions to that list? I ask you to limit any 20th century works to those that began within its first decade.
  • David Copperfield and other Charles Dickens novels
  • Flatland
  • The Woman in White
  • King Solomon’s Mines
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • The Hunting of the Snark other Lewis poems
  • Viy
  • Poe's works in general but especially The Fall of the House of Usher

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everyone here's amped up about the Smash reveal.

Meanwhile I'm going mad waiting until Friday for Metroid Dread.
Honestly, the wait for Dread as made the wait for Smash alot more bearable for me.

Like I think either so much about Dread or Deltarune that I don't have much time to worry about Smash Bros.

Speakin' of Metroid tho...

Oh

Hohohohohoh

See this?
Screen Shot 10-03-21 at 04.33 PM.PNG
I don't know when you're supposed to go here, but I'm going to say it's muuuuch later than I did. Since thanks to the ice beam & ALOT of retry on my part, I was able to make a enemy stuck down there go up here, freeze him with the ice beam, use as a platform, and after some bomb jumping, access to a room that gave me a Energy Tank and better yet, THE VARIA SUIT, BABY.

And booooy, does gaining it here made my life sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier. Like able to access some late area much earlier than intented & gaining some more missiles tank (note that on Hard, you get alot less missiles & energy from Missiles Pack/E-tank,) as well as ignore any room that use lava to punish you (one of the miniboss became a joke because of that lol). This was so freakin' worth the wait & retry, and while I did die to Kraid once later on, I was able to beat him easy peasy on the second try & gain the speedbooster.

All to say is, I freakin' love Metroid.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of which, I saw this post last night but didn't have time to reply so sorry for the late answer Snake.

• David Copperfield and other Charles Dickens novels
  • Flatland
  • The Woman in White
  • King Solomon’s Mines
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • The Hunting of the Snark other Lewis poems
  • Viy
  • Poe's works in general but especially The Fall of the House of Usher
King Solomon’s Mines is part of what I have referred to as the “She and Allan” series. Being the shared universe that H. Rider Haggard’s Allen Quartermain and Ayesha series take place in. And King Solomon’s Mines being it’s seminal work. Thank you for the recommendation though. As well as the others.

osby

Smash Obsessed
King Solomon’s Mines is part of what I have referred to as the “She and Allan” series. Being the shared universe that H. Rider Haggard’s Allen Quartermain and Ayesha series take place in. And King Solomon’s Mines being it’s seminal work. Thank you for the recommendation though. As well as the others.
My bad. 😅

Still, that's a pretty interesting project and I've always liked the concept of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I'm curious about your roster when you're done with it.

Dutch Raikuna

Oh.

Wait. About Tuesday.

I do have a meeting that was supposed to happen with a few people about me preparing for a job and such in January that was meant to last to the wire but it got changed. I just now have a coffee morning thing with my officer (cool guy but PlayStation only) and sorting a few things so I'll easily have time.

Best of all tomorrow where I can go to get these isn't too far from where I'm going.

4902494200125aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Gonna buy some Japanese Soda for this. Expensive as **** but people pay three times as much to get bladdered daily in my hometown.

Works for me to get it then.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Enough talk about who is gonna be the last Smash character, let's talk about who isn't gonna be the last Smash character.
Your most wanted, we've been over this.

Also, I don't expect anyone from the critically-acclaimed MMO FFXIV with a free trial that goes up to level 60 with unlimited playtime and includes the award-winning expansion Heavensward.

Dutch Raikuna

Enough talk about who is gonna be the last Smash character, let's talk about who isn't gonna be the last Smash character.
It's not gonna be Shrek or John Cena. Or Shrek Cena.

I just put a horrible image in my mind.

I don't know.

Has there been any credible rumours though or is it all people wanting about Sora?

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's not gonna be Shrek or John Cena. Or Shrek Cena.

I just put a horrible image in my mind.

I don't know.

Has there been any credible rumours though or is it all people wanting about Sora?
There are also people wanting about Master Chief.

...but seriously, the speculation is pretty much dead aside from people begging for the last character to be not a first party.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Also, I don't expect anyone from the critically-acclaimed MMO FFXIV with a free trial that goes up to level 60 with unlimited playtime and includes the award-winning expansion Heavensward.
Hm, idk why, but I feel like I should play the critically acclaimed MMO FFXIV with a free trial that goes up to level 60 with unlimited playtime and includes the award-winning expansion Heavensward.

D

Deleted member

How about the award winning 2008 Wizard themed MMO, Wizard101, made for all ages and safe for kids?(ask your parents permission first)
E0EBCD8C-F29F-4351-8AEE-BCBCEAC297B6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Psssh, for anyone here wanting some new footage of Dread, check this link.

Nothing too spoilery, but it does show some sections, with the most noteworthy one being those using the Shinespark, which look freakin' NUTS.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If I felt there was a lot to speculate about, I'd look more at whatever's being talked about, but I don't know.. doesn't feel like there's that much to talk about now for me XD.

If Sora shows up, that'll be pretty hype for a lot of people. So that's cool, but lots of characters I would personally like to see I think.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wanted to talk about something, or rather ask a question, BUT, it is about capitalism, and it may be for the Serious Discussion forum instead. Should I go there instead?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>When the creator of Inverted Fate share the same theory as you on Deltarune.
DIchmZhW4AAr16N.jpg

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Noipoi Noipoi , @BirbManBakugan , @UserGoozer , Shroob Shroob & other DR fans here, whatever you seen my big ass DR theory or not in the past, I recommend to check this video I linked if you can. It's 6 minutes long & the points are nicely described. That and I like this video to get more attention so that more discussion are opened in the DR fandom. Plus they made Inverted Fate AKA one of the best Undertale AU there - which you can check out here if you want - so imo, they deserve all the love they can get! Not LOVE for the one asking.

Dutch Raikuna

Lamperouge Lamperouge this is the list.

Attack of the Friday Monsters!
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout
AI: The Somnium Files
Assassin's Creed II
Borderlands 2
Bayonetta 1+2
Child of Light
Control
Code Vein
Detroit: Become Human
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy XII
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Infamous Second Son
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Octopath Traveler
Persona 5 Strikers
Steins Gate Elite
The Outer Worlds
Tales of Berseria
Tokyo Mirages Sessions FE
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1-4
Virtua Tennis 4

A few more out there stuff and some well overdue to complete (TMS and FE: Three Houses especially) but I'm bored. Next game I'll play through is one of these.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, hope y'all don't mind if I pop off a bit! A Hollow Knight mod is currently in development that adds full English voice over to every line of dialogue in the game! (Since in-game, all characters speak in a fictional language) The cast list just released, and surprisingly, two voice actors from the official release of Hollow Knight will be reprising their roles for the mod! Apparently, Hollow Knight's marketing and PR lead saw the project, and forwarded the casting call to some of the game's VAs to see if they'd be interested in reprising their role. And I checked the cast list, and
1633279413751.png

I also got cast, so I'm kind of popping off, knowing that I'll be voicing in not only a dub of my favorite game of all time, but something that's on Team Cherry's radar.

I voice this dude! (And maybe some other extras) He's a pretty minor character who resides in the Warrior's Glade, which is basically this giant graveyard for bugs.
1633279542602.png

A few characters weren't cast, though, and if they go through a second wave of casting, I'll definitely audition.
Noipoi Noipoi MooMew64 MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 Y'all may find this neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom