• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Who’s that Pokémon?
View attachment 331972

Kind of looks like Gible but doesn’t match up perfectly. I also don’t see why it would be guarding Cleavor.
I could see it being a different Gible (which would be weird because it's a Sinnoh native Pokemon already and we've seen 'em already) or maybe a Larvitar. They seem like decorations anyhow if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
If you want an answer SwSh wasn't bad. It was just very... mediocre. It's just a Pokemon adventure, but a lot of the fun was removed. No dungeons, majority of routes and caves were just straight hallways, it looked meh to ass graphically, and the story sucked ass, the fun gimmicks were removed in favor for Dynamax which was lame as hell, and of course, the lack of the national dex means a lot of favorites were cut. But it was still Pokemon at it's core, I had fun, but it's not appearing on any top Pokemon games anytime soon. It's better than Gen 6 and 1, but that's a low bar tbh.
I found alot of fun in sword and shield by making a play through with only bug types ( I allowed myself to have secondary types)

it was fun and weirdly easy
kinda made me realize why all the old frumps wanted the "difficulty" back in Pokemon
my team was
vikavolt
golispod
ninjask
orbeetle
centiskorch
skolipede

I liked that gang of weirdos

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm still just confused earlier about that message.

It's like if I was walking downtown in some place like Rome or Athens and some place suddenly grabbed me and shouted "Join our Irish Club!".
I'd throw them off me, whack them and then give them a Euro for guessing correctly.

Like who the **** does that?

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
I just saw the new Legends Arceus trailer, and it's looking pretty great! My favorite part is definitely the return of ride Pokémon. I loved the feature in Sun and Moon in particular, and I'm so glad it's coming back in such a satisfying way. Especially the flying one, the Hisuian Braviary, whatever its new name is. It reminds me of the Eon Flute from ORAS. There's a lot more to talk about, but that's all I'm gonna say for now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
1. Godzilla vs. Kong
2. Nobody/The Suicide Squad
3. Free Guy
4. The Mitchells vs. The Machines
5. Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog
6. Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms
7. A Quiet Place: Part II
8. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
9. The Tomorrow War
10. Boss Level
11. Wrath of Man

Honorable Mentions: Willy's Wonderland, Arlo the Alligator Boy, Luca, F9

Ranking of my favorite films of this year so far.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think it’s Gible, but it can’t be a new form because we’ve seen normal Garchomp.

Maybe it’s just a vague statue, like the ones in the Kanto gyms.
I could see it being a different Gible (which would be weird because it's a Sinnoh native Pokemon already and we've seen 'em already) or maybe a Larvitar. They seem like decorations anyhow if you ask me.
I was thinking this, but we see the lab has super detailed Magicarp statues. Now they may have just put more focus into the accuracy of those, but it’s odd for them to do it for a massive statue, then skip details on a smaller and easier to model one.

Which makes me think it could be something, although it could also be nothing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, just for fun, I wanna try something. I wanna try recording lines for characters who don’t have voices in Smash. I know for a fact I wanna have a crack at Mega-Man. Anyone else I should try?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I started in gen 5, though a I played a lot of 4 as well. The DS generations were my generations.

I also really love gen 7. Like, more than most people.
It’s weird I didn’t play the ds Pokémon games when at the time I was in elementary school when those games were the hottest they could be in the gritty world of the 2nd grade hallways and if you didn’t have them you were a loser (hint I was a loser)
I was however that kid who had a binder full of Pokémon cards and me and my friend across the street made up a complicated ever changing game to play with them

so while the ds polemon games Werent my games.
the ds Pokémon are my ****ing guys because I collected all their cards I remember I had a awesome luxray card (now my favorite Pokémon) and I always made rules with my friend about how because he looked so gosh dang cool that he would have bonus stats for style

Shroob

Sup?
One critisism of Pokemon that I'll never, EVER understand is original SuMo having "Too Many Cutscenes." As if Pokemon isn't a View attachment 331985

Have Pokemon fans ever played another RPG? SuMo is standard for the course
Honestly, I think the issue was mainly just you couldn't skip them. It made replaying SuMo kinda a drag. If there was a skip function, I severely doubt many would care.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I think the issue was mainly just you couldn't skip them. It made replaying SuMo kinda a drag. If there was a skip function, I severely doubt many would care.
Yeah, I'll agree on the skip button. But the issie is just the prevelance of cutscenes in general, not the lack of a skip button.

Like, they'd die if they played a Square Enix game

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
One critisism of Pokemon that I'll never, EVER understand is original SuMo having "Too Many Cutscenes." As if Pokemon isn't a View attachment 331985

Have Pokemon fans ever played another RPG? SuMo is standard for the course
Sun and Moon feels like a visual novel at times with how frequent and long they can be.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So the climbing Pokémon is either a feminine Nuzleaf evolution or Ledian form/evolution since it’s a ladybug.
Is Kleavor a ride Pokémon?

Cuz if not, then maybe Warden’s aren’t all necessarily connected to ride Pokémon.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Prolly a broken record, but have they said anything about transferring these to newer gens?

I know they're bankable, but isn't a main sticking point of them is they more or less died out in modern times?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Prolly a broken record, but have they said anything about transferring these to newer gens?

I know they're bankable, but isn't a main sticking point of them is they more or less died out in modern times?
Maybe, but it's not like Pokemon is a stranger to 100% reviving creatures from dust and bonea

Noipoi

Howdy!
Kleavor's a noble Pokemon.
Right.

So the “lady Pokémon” could either be the climber, or some other noble Pokémon we haven’t seen yet.

They’ll find some way to explain away how they’re here in the present. I don’t expect these guys to be game locked.

At least any more than common Pokémon are game locked

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe, but it's not like Pokemon is a stranger to 100% reviving creatures from dust and bonea
Yeah, but the bigger question is how to obtain these going forward. Outside of trading up from Legends, there doesn't seem like any convenient ways to get these, like, in-gift Pokemon can only go soo far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom