• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Still predicting our fighter to be a low-note or mid-tier pick and one we're not expecting or left-fielded.

Besides Smash never tends to end on a banger.

Brawl::olimar:
Sm4sh (Base)::4duckhunt:
Sm4sh (DLC)::4bayonetta:(Controversial due to debate of ballot being rigged)
Ultimate (Base)::ultken::ultincineroar:
Ultimate (Pass 1)::ultbyleth:
All the more reason for me to be excited for the possibility of my MW making it despite everything going against her (fan backlash in particular, which doesn't bother me).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Kleavor looks badass! Plus the new info has gotten me a whole lot more excited for Legends: Arceus.

Now there's only one remaining unidentified Pokémon from the February leak.

Legends Arceus leak 1.jpg

Legends Arceus leak 2.jpg

Judging the mystery Pokémon being between to Wydeer & Hisuian Braviary, it might be the one you use to climb rocky terrain.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I said this in the Newcomer Speculation thread and I'll say it here: The Sora stuff feels like a massive setup for disappointment. It's the opposite of tempering your expectations.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I expect Cinderace to be the final character. That doesn't mean I like it
Still better than Rillaboom though I genuinely don't think it's possible to make me upset at this game's roster at this point even if my MW didn't get in
Cinderace will be based once it tramples all over r/ smashbros
Ok you know what? That's fair

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh yeah, after watching his video, I'm so starting with Nigel Thornberry in Nick Brawl.

Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester It's worth noting I've seen Nicktoons T-shirts with Nigel but not Eliza

View attachment 331951
Heh so Nigel has been a meme since the shows debut in the 90s and before Smash was even made.

Wish I could have that shirt too...

Loving Daggett by the way. xD

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After watching the new Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl trailer, I think it's best to assume it won't introduce any new Pokémon or forms.

And do you think Legends: Arceus will introduce any new Pokémon that aren't evolutions of preexisting Pokémon?

Noipoi

Howdy!
After watching the new Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl trailer, I think it's best to assume it won't introduce any new Pokémon or forms.

And do you think Legends: Arceus will introduce any new Pokémon that aren't evolutions of preexisting Pokémon?
Probably not. I’m thinking it’s all regional forms and evolutions.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I think we might see some new legendaries or mythicals, but I'm doubting everything else.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Anyway what has been y'all's most and least hype Ultimate reveals?

For me it's:

Most hype::ultkrool::ultsephiroth:
Least hype::ult_terry::ultbyleth:
My most hyped reveal was Joker because of How out of nowhere it was, how unexpected the inclusión in general Is and That it brought it characters from one of my all Time favorite games

My least hype reveal was Minmin.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like Cinderace, it’s one of the best starters,

But If we get a Pokémon, I really hope it’s not Cinderace.

There’s so many other Pokémon that would offer unique typings, rather then us having 3 fire starters.

There’s the Urshifu Line, with super fast fighting styles and it’s crazy we don’t have a fighting typing Pokémon in a fighting game.

Rilaboom could bring a seeet sound based moveset and be a grass type final starter. More importantly, Grassy Glide would be a fun recovery.

Intellion, would be like James Bond which sounds amazing.

Toxcrity giving us a poison and electric type with a lot of moveset potential would be Really cool to.

Or Decidueye for Legends Arceus and so it gets a second chance for, but it’s pretty likely Decidueye isn’t in Legends Arceus.

I wouldn’t be mad at Cinderace but, for once we have so much potential in the Pokémon options.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Or Decidueye for Legends Arceus and so it gets a second chance for, but it’s pretty likely Decidueye isn’t in Legends Arceus.
Why's that?

Hisuian forms for the starters I would understand, but completely different regional evolutions? I seriously doubt that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why's that?

Hisuian forms for the starters I would understand, but completely different regional evolutions? I seriously doubt that.
If they get new forms for evolutions, you aren’t seeing their original final forms. The fact that we still only see the first forms says a lot.

It’s also why you aren’t going to see Scizor now
For example.

They will want to advertise the new, not old.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh yeah, after watching his video, I'm so starting with Nigel Thornberry in Nick Brawl.

Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester It's worth noting I've seen Nicktoons T-shirts with Nigel but not Eliza

View attachment 331951
and so far only 5-6 of them are in this fighting to the death contest
Anyway what has been y'all's most and least hype Ultimate reveals?

For me it's:

Most hype::ultkrool::ultsephiroth:
Least hype::ult_terry::ultbyleth:
Most: :ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultkrool::ultpiranha::ultbanjokazooie::ultbylethf::ultsteve::ultsephiroth:
Cool::ultsimon::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultisabelle::ultpyra::ultmythra::ultkazuya:
The middle of the unknown/Joker spot since he at least was cared by me enough to want to learn more about him then ended up loving him therefore Persona 5 gets their own hype rating spot: :ultjoker:
Least: :ultken::ultincineroar::ulthero::ultminmin
Who?: :ultrichter::ult_terry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom