• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I woulda thought the AC Direct would calm Animal Crossing fans down a tad.

Browsing through r/AnimalCrossing atm and…

Nope, still on the “NH bad” rhetoric.
Do people really think New Horizons sucks? I mean sure, it ain't the best Animal Crossing game, but I wouldn't say it's flat out bad.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1632703216653.png
1632703279165.png

I find it crazy of myself to have ripped soundtracks for both of these games to listen to.

I got some weird taste in music.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It’s Reddit, bro.

They’re a different breed.

Though surprisingly, still not as bad as Twitter.
I shouldn’t ever be surprised, but I guess I just always hope, lol.

Do people really think New Horizons sucks? I mean sure, it ain't the best Animal Crossing game, but I wouldn't say it's flat out bad.
Over the last 6 months there’s been a vocal minority bashing NH for being “unfinished” and “having nothing to do”. People are also upset some of the NPCs got replaced with QoL menus.

AFAIK it’s mostly NL, GCN, and WW stans pushing this narrative.

Peeps out here really saying NL is the series peak when the Public Works system was a thing.:191:

Oh well, to each their own.:drshrug:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do u ever just

find yourself thinking about the Devil’s Third, Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps… something being in Ultimate’s code but having no tangible purpose

like was it for music? Spirits? The world may never know

Dutch Raikuna

Neku's redesign in Neo feels like it was done specifically so that if/when he comes back to the Kingdom hearts universe he looks appealing next to Sora and Riku.
I still remember thinking that Neo was only made on the condition Nomura had to connect it to Kingdom Hearts somehow. With a bunch of **** lining up I really thought it was going to happen.

How wrong I was...........................for now.

Look at this weirdo

I want 20
I want a new hug woof boi. They cute as ****.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I still remember thinking that Neo was only made on the condition Nomura had to connect it to Kingdom Hearts somehow. With a bunch of **** lining up I really thought it was going to happen.

How wrong I was...........................for now.

I want a new hug woof boi. They cute as ****.
I can totally see them using part of what ive been told of Neo's story in Kingdom hearts
Where they look for Neku but find Beat instead, because Sora never met Beat, that could be how the 2 are introduced to each other

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I shouldn’t ever be surprised, but I guess I just always hope, lol.

Over the last 6 months there’s been a vocal minority bashing NH for being “unfinished” and “having nothing to do”. People are also upset some of the NPCs got replaced with QoL menus.

AFAIK it’s mostly NL, GCN, and WW stans pushing this narrative.

Peeps out here really saying NL is the series peak when the Public Works system was a thing.:191:

Oh well, to each their own.:drshrug:
Eh, I can kinda see where they're coming from when they say there's "nothing to do". It can feel like that at times which is kinda why I fell out of it but I kinda just realized it's meant to be played in short bursts, unlike New Leaf. Though I will say, both titles have their strengths and weaknesses.

Dutch Raikuna

Eh twitter is hit or miss for me. When it’s funny it’s *in hilarious, but when it’s unfunny it’s the most obnoxious *. Reddit is a consistent unfunny imo
Reddit used to be funny but even in the stupid **** it's getting boring. Like the stupid prizes subreddit.

I can totally see them using part of what ive been told of Neo's story in Kingdom hearts
Where they look for Neku but find Beat instead, because Sora never met Beat, that could be how the 2 are introduced to each other
It would be cool to see. Either way, can see KH and TWEWY crossing over again or even SQ pushing the series cause "we need our own urban fantasy series".

Thank you for reminding me about that plot. Still thought the second week had to much padding.

I love Neo but I did have a good amount of issues with the story. And I felt very stupid for not picking up the Beat twist sooner. I'll say about the others another day.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Eh twitter is hit or miss for me. When it’s funny it’s *in hilarious, but when it’s unfunny it’s the most obnoxious *. Reddit is a consistent unfunny imo
As a lurker, I can safely say "yeah, Reddit is pretty consistently unfunny". Kinda hard for me to give my thoughts on Twitter, though, as I usually just hang around the VO Twitter circle, which is quite chill. Everyone's really supportive and nice.

If I step outside of that circle, I just die. :yeahboi:

Edit: Consistently unfunny I meant to say UNFUNNY. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That’s actually it’s smash render
I wonder how many times an actual T-Pose has just been left in a game intentionally. I know it was left in-game in a Jimmy Neutron game solely cause they were too lazy to animate him rolling around in a ball, so he just T-Poses inside of it.

And this official FNAF render features a t-pose.
Fun fact! The company behind FNAF AR is genuinely one of the most simultaneously lazy and scummy game companies I have ever seen. Can't even pose a model for a render. :drshrug:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh yeah I think I’ll stream Deltarune

after I play through it the first time and set up security measures on Twitch

yeah no more blind playthroughs for me for a while after The Danganronpa 2 incident…

tl;dr someone ****ing spoiled chapter 5’s execution in chat. I WAS IN THE GOD DAMN PROLOGUE ASSHOLE

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Eh, I can kinda see where they're coming from when they say there's "nothing to do". It can feel like that at times which is kinda why I fell out of it but I kinda just realized it's meant to be played in short bursts, unlike New Leaf. Though I will say, both titles have their strengths and weaknesses.
I think it depends on how much you like building, drawing, and decorating, as they leaned in hard on those things this game and basically made it the core identity over the life sim elements.

I personally love those things, so I never run out of stuff to do, but I guess I could see people who never played the old games for that stuff not being into it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not surprised the Sakurai Presents is airing while I am at work :glare:

Guess what I'll do is sneak away from work for it to premier, find out who the character is, go back to work, and then watch the rest of the video whenever I'm free again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Van Helsing is a nutcase. I swear. 16 chapters into this book and they keep going on about purity and devils and like I know I’m not religious and this book was written in the 19th century and I’ve been raised on “vampires are people too” stories but like god damn it’s really hard to not “both sides” this book pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom