• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Screenshot_20210827-225610_YouTube.jpg

The iconic shot of DBZ's opening will never not be funny.

3 of these characters never did anything in Z, one of which hasn't done anything since mid DB, and Trunks is absent for the vast majority of Z and beyond.

I hate broken images

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if Microsoft did a rerelease of Diddy Kong Racing for the Xbox, but renamed it to Pro-Am 64 (it’s original title before the Diddy Kong rebrand) and took out Diddy and Krunch (the only parts of the game Nintendo owns, I know, I checked). On one hand, Diddy Kong Racing in a playable form without an N64 that is legal. On the other hand, it would be missing two of its characters, just like the DS version was missing Banjo and Conker. What an interesting idea.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Imagine if Microsoft did a rerelease of Diddy Kong Racing for the Xbox, but renamed it to Pro-Am 64 (it’s original title before the Diddy Kong rebrand) and took out Diddy and Krunch (the only parts of the game Nintendo owns, I know, I checked). On one hand, Diddy Kong Racing in a playable form without an N64 that is legal. On the other hand, it would be missing two of its characters, just like the DS version was missing Banjo and Conker. What an interesting idea.
Maybe replace Krunch with Mumbo and Diddy with Bottles or Tootie? That would be a great way of doing it.

D

Deleted member

May as well give It a shot too.

Going to watch Black Widow with my cousins was one of the worst experiences I've ever had on a cinema.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
People are asleep

And so

My Grandma's cancer was deemed uncurable... She's going to die, it's now just a matter of when... It's going to be a slow, slow process, and it's going to kill me watching her go through this....
I am so, so sorry to hear this, Shroob.

I…Gosh, I’m so sorry. I offer all the prayers that I can give for the situation.

D

Deleted member

People are asleep

And so

My Grandma's cancer was deemed uncurable... She's going to die, it's now just a matter of when... It's going to be a slow, slow process, and it's going to kill me watching her go through this....
You also have my prayers.

Take as much time for yourself as possible if you really feel the need for It.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
People are asleep

And so

We're here for you, man. It's rough, I lost my paternal grandpa to something very similar earlier this year. Be sure you never let go of the good times you had with her.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I figured that it'd be a repeat of Samus Returns, with the small direct just before it released teasing the return of a familiar enemy that wound up being the final boss, which fast forward to now is one of the worst kept secrets of said game.

Alas, 40+ days left with Nintendo themselves constantly posting clips/screenshots and even posting thumbnails on the Nintendo Switch news app thing, the existence of social media and constant exposure to stuff like "spoiler in thumbnail/title" reaction videos means that avoiding absolutely everything is just pain.

Especially when you just get told "well you chose to be on the Internet" rather than apologize for shoving everything literally everywhere without a second thought. :drsad:

View attachment 328099
Yeeeeeeah, hopefully on my side, whatever I talk about somethin' spoiler related, I can keep it under spoilers & whatnot.
People are asleep

And so

While it wasn't cancer that took the person I love out of this world, I can still heavily relate to this situation.

Take your time, friend, this is one of the worst situation to be in, but that's why we're here to help you.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People are asleep

And so

Im sorry to hear this. Cancer is a *****. It’s never easy to let/watch someone go out slowly due to illness. Still I hope you and your family get through these times sooner. It always sucks to hear news like that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
People are asleep

And so

That’s really awful man, I’m terribly sorry.

You need to talk or something, I’m here.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So No More Heroes 3 got a 4/10 from Gamestop and a 6/10 from IGN?

Is this going to be the next "funny bad rating" of the moment?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tbf Suda's games have always been for a rather specific taste, the man's probably the biggest punk in the industry lmao
That is true, I do wonder what some peoples are gonna say about it & the game in itself in general (mostly from peoples who are very familiar with Suda work, much more than I am lol).

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's hot today and a Saturday.

What crappy music will my neighbours be blasting? God I hate hot weather for so many reasons. Blasting terrible music, people showing off their tats that look uglier than gangrene, dogs barking and children throwing water balloons and screaming.

I hate it all.

So No More Heroes 3 got a 4/10 from Gamestop and a 6/10 from IGN?

Is this going to be the next "funny bad rating" of the moment?
Yeah Suda51, Yoko Taro and Swery65's games are like the most divided creators out there to reviews.

Deadly Premonition, Nier, No More Heroes are all one end or another. Hopefully both Suda and Swery get a big budget and like Taro gets there million seller one day.

So all I have to say about this Riptide debacle is that capitalism sucks. All companies are bad. Idrc if you support Ninty (idrc about this tbh), but don't be a narc if someone pirates/emulates.
Everything sucks dude.

The only thing that doesn't is food and waifus. ™

That is why I'm having ice cream.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
God damn it. I just played through all of DKC2 and am missing literally one Kremkoin needed to access the final Lost World level. Now I gotta go back and check all the levels and see which one i’m missing. God damn it. How did I miss this?
I'm pretty sure you just need to go through the world map, rather than playing every level again. If a level has an exclamation mark at the end, then it means that you've collected everything. The same thing goes for the area select screen - for example, if the first world is called "Gangplank Galleon!" with the exclamation mark at the end, then it means that you've got all of the collectibles in there.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People are asleep

And so

Oh **** dude, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
People are asleep

And so

That's terrible man. I don't really know what to say here, but I am sorry to hear this.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
People are asleep

And so

Sorry to hear that, Shroob. That is indeed terrible news, and it sucks that you have to go through all that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People are asleep

And so

So sorry man...:(

Make every possible time with her before she passes on and think of all the great memories you had with her. That's all you can do.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
People are asleep

And so

That's awful, I'm so sorry Shroob. I wish I knew what to say, but I'm not good at consoling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom