• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's somewhat of a bummer that it appears that he's best with no weather, but at the same time he's best with no weather. His sync nuke was always going to be bad anyway given how they balance Mega Evolution. Not sure what people were expecting there. There's debate among his stats being too similar to N, so who knows if that will change, but considering he has Contrary as a passive, they weren't going to be too high anyway. He's still probably the new top Flying unit, he's just not a must pull. I'll be pulling for him as I don't want to wait another year and shiny Rayquaza is cool, but I won't EX him or anything as I already have max Blue/Pidgeot.

Lille fills her niche rather well and thankfully she's first as I could use a good Ghost striker. I plan on immediately EXing her upon pull. She seems like a slightly re-balanced version of Lusamine as a Glass Cannon. I'm guessing Morty can still get the job done if you've already invested in him but there is no doubt that he's harder to set up and use. Lille seems like she'll be fine at 1/5 vs needing Morty at 3/5.

N I still feel is the most underwhelming but definitely has the most potential depending on how broken is AOE passive is. My main question is just how well he'll stack up next to the glut of other Fire units.

I'm just surprised there is so much doom/gloom on Reddit/Discord/YT. Being OP is kind of secondary to if the unit is functional as a whole or is a character I like IMO. I can understand though if you're pure F2P (not a whale myself, but I do spend for extra stamina) and need to make the harder choice on who to pull on. I'm the type of weirdo that dislikes it when people spam Maxie/Archie/Leon in Battle Villa Co-Op.

Honestly the only real disappointment is that Lvl 140 means the grind will begin again even after so many people only just now finished getting their units to Lvl 135. If things are anything like getting to Lvl 130, it means we'll need 3x as many Type items to get there (50 -> 150). I've been spending all of the extra stamina they've given us on Tome training the past week and I've only just got enough for all of the 5* Water units I have now.

~6 Type items per 30 stamina with 150 needed means ~750 stamina per single unit before we even know the drink requirements for Strike/Tech/Support. :teeth:

At the very least though, the update to Daily Log Ins is finally happening. I think I read the free gems we get from it will be up from 250 to 450. We'll also get Theme Skill points now helping with that grind. Evolution & Sync Orb training will be stamina free as well!
I did expect a little less from Steven due to the mega. I find it weird he has half his stats the same as Ns. Which I think could be a mistake. As it doesn’t make much sense. I’m still going to go for one copy at least though because I love Shiny Rayquazza and Steven is in my top champions. But Nate can do more on sync off typing which is insane, as Nate was really not on par with units released near him.

I only have 3/5 Fantina and 2/5 morty, so I’m definitely going for one Lillie copy and exing her as well, since ghost will be very useful.

I also am probably going to pull from the Pokefair Banner coming if you can use free gems. Getting Archie or Maxie when I have neither would be really worth it.
Me who is just trying to get Nessa but is constantly getting repeats from all the pulls:
:201o::201o::201f:
I was hoping for Bea or Nessa, as I only have a 1/5 Bea. I got 3 lanas when I had none so it was pretty cool to get a free 3/5 unit.

I also got Kiawe who I didn’t have. As wel as a few five stars that I had at max so they were just nice tickets.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'll do you one better.
View attachment 328059
This is a stonks moment
Hello, I am Jotade without the é, and I am a family member of Jotadé.

Jotadé sadly has passed away because he tried to not breath manually as a reply to Pokelego999 Pokelego999 's post, and the lack of air got to him.
So yeah kids, always remember to breath.
Rest in Peace. I shall make sure I shall not say "You are breathing manually" again, so that way Jotade without the e will not die

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hello, I am Jotade without the é, and I am a family member of Jotadé.

Jotadé sadly has passed away because he tried to not breath manually as a reply to Pokelego999 Pokelego999 's post, and the lack of air got to him.
So yeah kids, always remember to breath.
Rest in Peace. I shall make sure I shall not say "You are breathing manually" again, so that way Jotade without the e will not die

Edit: Woops, meant to add this to my main post

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sometimes I wish I had a Twitter account so I could insult the people who celebrate Technoblade getting cancer. There are plenty of ways to insult someone without swearing.
I still can’t get over how casually he announced it

He just nonchalantly said “well guys, I have cancer!” and I was waiting for him to follow it up with one of his usual jokes like “just kidding, I have (insert other disease here) I had you worried sick huh?”

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Nintendo shuts down another fan event.

Last edited:

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437

Jesus ****ing christ. After the insane backlash after the Big House drama, you'd think they'd think about their actions first and how it could affect communties for their own games, but no. Unbelievable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They are playing a version of Project M, what did they expect?

Like when are they going to learn they need to stop planning it at events?

Also why are they hosting a big event in a pandemic?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It is time to show two new photos from my adventures in "Ghost!"

Ghost of Tsushima_20210822141545.jpg

Ghost of Tsushima_20210822163050.jpg

One is DLC and the other is a bit of a spoiler. The former really looks cool for a practice ring I had in mind for a story excerpt.

Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge and who else would be interested to be taged in the future just ask

And this is why if it was up to me to send a millions copies of the same letter to Nintendo and about 100 other ****ing companies that simply say "piracy is a service problem." They shouldn't give a ****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It is time to show two new photos from my adventures in "Ghost!"

View attachment 328061

View attachment 328062

One is DLC and the other is a bit of a spoiler. The former really looks cool for a practice ring I had in mind for a story excerpt.

Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge and who else would be interested to be taged in the future just ask

And this is why if it was up to me to send a millions copies of the same letter to Nintendo and about 100 other *ing companies that simply say "piracy is a service problem." They shouldn't give a *.
This doesn’t involve privacy though, they are intentionally modding the game they use to advertise it as a Nintendo event.

When Nintendo does not like mods. So they are bringing this upon themselves. That doesn’t make Nintendo right, but they are not exact right for doing something they know Nintendo has a policy against.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This doesn’t involve privacy though, they are intentionally modding the game they use to advertise it as a Nintendo event.

When Nintendo does not like mods. So they are bringing this upon themselves. That doesn’t make Nintendo right, but they are not exact right for doing something they know Nintendo has a policy against.
Still needs reformed. And it's a mod. Shouldn't have any affect on Nintendo in any way shape or form.

The whole thing needs blitzed and reset. I've pretty strong views on mods and piracy.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean, I don't support the action, but like...

It's just how Nintendo operates. They don't want fan projects of flagship IPs held in a limelight, and any and all major events will do that. Mod tournaments pretty much have to be kept at extreme grassroots levels via Discord servers and the like to really stand a chance at survival, and they can't have any money behind 'em either. There are specific things that trigger Nintendo lawyers, and these seem to be but a few of them.

Dang, though, someone over in the Nintendo law offices must have had an itchy trigger finger, 'cause they shut down the Metroid Prime 2D project as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still needs reformed. And it's a mod. Shouldn't have any affect on Nintendo in any way shape or form.

The whole thing needs blitzed and reset. I've pretty strong views on mods and piracy.
I agree it should change. But by doing the one thing Nintendo specifically asked them not to do, isn’t going to help them change. They should be trying to meet with lawyers or something to that degree, not continuing to stir the pot.

If they think Nintendo’s lawyers genuinely read online comments, they are just naive. And the intern running the accounts on social media isn’t going to help them either. They can’t expect change to come to them, they need to actually try.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, I don't support the action, but like...

It's just how Nintendo operates. They don't want fan projects of flagship IPs held in a limelight, and any and all major events will do that. Mod tournaments pretty much have to be kept at extreme grassroots levels via Discord servers and the like to really stand a chance at survival, and they can't have any money behind 'em either. There are specific things that trigger Nintendo lawyers, and these seem to be but a few of them.

Dang, though, someone over in the Nintendo law offices must have had an itchy trigger finger, 'cause they shut down the Metroid Prime 2D project as well.
That Metroid project was obviously terminated because of Samus Returns following the same idea and it was announced shortly after.

Maryse

Street Fighter Scrub
Premium
To all the ones that left me birthday wishes today, thank you! The ones that did not, well, God bless y'all anyway. I still love y'all. Something else happened today in my family. Please read...

Y'all know about the woman I live with, right? I have actually known and befriended her and her family since late 1968. I graduated high school in 1979, she graduated high school in 1983, we never went to college, and she took me in since the '90s. Since then, I have called her "mother". Well, she will become 57 in a couple of months from now and she has just now retired from being a secretary for public safety. She has been on that job since, I dunno, Tekken 2 hit arcades, and she never enjoyed it. She could not be more thrilled to get away from that job, and now I get more chances to take of her and bless her house like she has cared for me the 30+ years I lived with her.

...and, back to the sidelines of this thread for me. :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom