• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Shadow's character has really tanked.

He was great in SA2 and good in Heroes, but once his own game rolled around, he just became a shell of his former self. This shell pattern has been going strong since 2006. It's a shame what they did with him, in many ways.
Last good Shadow depiction was Ian Flynn's Archie canon IMO. Every other Shadow after that is really weak in comparison to me.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

He was great in SA2 and good in Heroes, but once his own game rolled around, he just became a shell of his former self. This shell pattern has been going strong since 2006. It's a shame what they did with him, in many ways.
I actually liked his story in 2006.

My problem with the character is how the 2010's portrayed him. He's angsty, yes but he's not supposed to be a bad guy like he usually is nowadays.

KillerCage

Smash Master

This video sums up all of the problems in Shadow's game with some positives.
It is over a hour long so you may want to reserve some time to watch.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You were warned.

If you took nothing but laxatives for a day and you ate corn, would the corn you number 2ed be good enough to eat?

For the record, I didn't come up this question! You can blame Chuggaaconroy for this!
If you washed it before eating it probably.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This video sums up all of the problems in Shadow's game with some positives.
It is over a hour long so you may want to reserve some time to watch.

Guns and cusses
Ow the edge

I know it's more than that, and I wouldn't put it as the worst Sonic game. I may watch it later and explore its positives, but even if my opinion improves on it, I doubt I'll come to respect it tbh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shadow likes Kill La Kill, so by default he's at his best time yet...also Kindred is not someone to **** with
Ian would probably be able to write a decent Shadow in the IDW comics if SEGA didn’t have all these restrictions involving him.
now when you say restrictions...

KillerCage

Smash Master
Guns and cusses
Ow the edge

I know it's more than that, and I wouldn't put it as the worst Sonic game. I may watch it later and explore its positives, but even if my opinion improves on it, I doubt I'll come to respect it tbh.
The video itself was from the perspective of Shadow the Hedgehog being the first Sonic game they played.
J still admits the game is bad and is likely the culprit for Shadow's degrading character.
If you washed it before eating it probably.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The video itself was from the perspective of Shadow the Hedgehog being the first Sonic game they played.
J still admits the game is bad and is likely the culprit for Shadow's degrading character.

Nah, one bad game that almost never gets acknowledged anymore outside of memes isn't the reason, I'm pretty sure it's Sega realizing that they can sell anything by smacking Shadow on it and make him Vegeta to Sonic's Goku, completely ignoring that Shadow's not an asshole

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

It's real sad.

I think Shadow's character has a lot of squandered potential.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I think my biggest problem with Shadow the Hedgehog was how disjointed the story felt because of the multitude of branching paths you could take, and how your choices actually don't matter since there's a true ending.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think my biggest problem with Shadow the Hedgehog was how disjointed the story felt because of the multitude of branching paths you could take, and how your choices actually don't matter since there's a true ending.
Yeah. As someone who's never played it and only seen reviews and gameplay, I see that's the general consensus.
I would probably love it though, I ironically love over the top edgy stuff from the 2000's.

D

Deleted member

The only good thing that could come out of this meme is having Trigger notice and maybe it'd prompt them to finally give us season 2 of Kill la Kill. That'd be cool.
Season 2 is already out, what do you mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

CP8:

Smash "t" thing plays
Mario fights Bowser with Luigi
Bowser forward smashes Mario to Dr. T's laboratory

"I hope no one looks at my invitation while I'm sleeping."
Dramatic suspense music plays
"You'll never get my invitation while I'm sleeping, because I'm never sleeping!"
Doctor T is so excited about his invitation that will take over Smash that he wrote a song about it!
Mario looks at Doctor T confusedly

"I've decided to give you a clue as to how to defeat me. Come with me!"
Doctor T bends and throws sand at Mario's eyes
"Sand in the eye! Ha! You'll never get my plaaaans! Ha!"
Mario struggles to collect himself, and then Mario accidently gets too close to a flamethrower, and it incinerates him
Gameplay, and all of that stuff
SMASH ULTIMATE X BOOM BEACH

What is your reaction?

KillerCage

Smash Master
CP8:

Smash "t" thing plays
Mario fights Bowser with Luigi
Bowser forward smashes Mario to Dr. T's laboratory

"I hope no one looks at my invitation while I'm sleeping."
Dramatic suspense music plays
"You'll never get my invitation while I'm sleeping, because I'm never sleeping!"
Doctor T is so excited about his invitation that will take over Smash that he wrote a song about it!
Mario looks at Doctor T confusedly

"I've decided to give you a clue as to how to defeat me. Come with me!"
Doctor T bends and throws sand at Mario's eyes
"Sand in the eye! Ha! You'll never get my plaaaans! Ha!"
Mario struggles to collect himself, and then Mario accidently gets too close to a flamethrower, and it incinerates him
Gameplay, and all of that stuff
SMASH ULTIMATE X BOOM BEACH

What is your reaction?

I have no idea what you're talking about!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I found Shadow's game fun, and he was already fairly dark/dank/etc. Even his own theme song in SA2 made it clear he was meant to be like that. Him suddenly swearing is where it goes all haywire. The guns don't even seem that odd, as he grew up on what is literally a military base. Though yeah, the stories were disjointed pretty badly.

For the most part, the guns make sense, but he shouldn't need help to deal damage to the humans at least. The mechs and Black Arms, sure. It was already established that large mechs take multiple hits in Heroes anyway. Black Arms are the same race as Shadow and literally could be of a similar toughness, so they are harder for him to kill. It's also possible he's not at full power yet, since he was overall brought back after using all his power in SA2. He wasn't that strong in Heroes either, no more than Sonic, Amy, or Espio. Chaos powers, sure, but that was it. His new Chaos power wasn't even usable till you got a Chaos Emerald properly(you can actually do so, but the Emerald is meant to signify when it's "officially available" for story purposes). Which does make sense, as Chaos Control was an ability he always had an Emerald with to use. Chaos Blast makes sense too, the dark variant of it.

The cheesy lines were honestly fairly bad, though fun. I'll still take them over Heroes, which was too cheesy. Some of these felt better written overall. That said, Shadow's game also had a lot of great music, including remixes. I wish some of it was in Smash.

D

Deleted member

The four types of girlfriends:

D

Deleted member

I am going to post something optimistic:
FLORIDA MAN HAS A REDEMPTION ARC!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today has been pretty good. Went to my grandpa's to celebrate my little cousins birthday, then my dad and I took the dogs for a nice walk at one of the trails before going to my place to put up my tree as a means to get into the Christmas spirit early.

Back at my dad's place now since he offered and invited me for supper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom