• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All four have their own critical snags with 100%:
Sunshine: Blue Coins, gotten by spraying everything in every episode.
Odyssey: Has a lot of collectables (I haven't really scratched the surface of Odyssey)
DK64: Gotta collect basically everything and learn how to play the original arcade Donkey Kong and Jetpac for two more required items.
Banjo-Tooie: Big Worlds, lots of backtracking.

So I say it depends on what you find the worst of the four to 100%. Of these, I've only 100%'d Sunshine and Banjo.
The thing I hate the most is when feel like a game is wasting my time. So I guess we’ll see then.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sonic Forces is trensding on Twitter.

It's Sonic fans arguing that Forces was actually good

We need a new Sonic game fast.
I agree but I also don’t agree purely because I’m afraid of what that new game might entail and how they might change the formula. So….
Called it
Wow. People having variable opinions and not being a collective unchanging hive mind. What an out there prediction you made.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I need context for this
I knew one of these days the discourse would start shifting to “Sonic Forces wasn’t that bad”. It was only a matter of time.

My question is wether or not this’ll change when Sonic 2022 drops. I guess It depends on that game’s quality. If it’s really good, Forces will look even worse in comparison. If it’s ass, Forces will look better by virtue of being bland. Instead of an outright dumpster fire.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not sure if you are joking or not. You really called it?

Well, Forces is better than what some people made it out to be, at least.
The Sonic fanbase as a whole, not to say there aren’t individual opinions within the fanbase, but the fanbase as a whole tends to hold up certain games and put down certain games collectively. And the games shift with the times. Take the sudden love for Unleashed and distaste for Colors. A few years ago these opinions were switched.

So I called that eventually the fanbase as a whole would start being nicer to Forces, at least a little.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tonight on the Social Thread
Moomew turns out to be a mass serial killer
Irepan embraces the Donkey Kong vs Mario series as their life
Noipoi becomes racist towards primates
All this and more, tonight on the Social Thread
you know there’s a problem when I of all people said something normal
The hell were you guys doing while I was busy with useless ****?
all I said was that women should be respected…I probably cursed the thread for the day

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Sonic fanbase as a whole, not to say there aren’t individual opinions within the fanbase, but the fanbase as a whole tends to hold up certain games and put down certain games collectively. And the games shift with the times. Take the sudden love for Unleashed and distaste for Colors. A few years ago these opinions were switched.

So I called that eventually the fanbase as a whole would start being nicer to Forces, at least a little.
Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk. (that's a laughing line, guess where it's from?) I guess things really do change over time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just get kind of tired of this mentality. A group of people is not all one thing just because they share a common interest, and thus attempt to call entire fanbases hypocritical annoys me.
04BDABA7-FE7E-48D3-8D06-93084928C143.jpeg

Who’s callin people hypocrites? I’m not callin people hypocrites. I’m saying the majority opinion of certain fandoms tend to shift, usually as kids start to get older and make their voices heard.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 326378

Who’s callin people hypocrites? I’m not callin people hypocrites. I’m saying the majority opinion of certain fandoms tend to shift, usually as kids start to get older and make their voices heard.
Hell, look at us.

"Brawl SUCKS!"

Now

"Man, I have soo many fond memories of Brawl. Yeah the gameplay was slow and tripping sucks but the Subspace Emmi holds a dear place in my heart."

Btw Brawl is trash

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
3am now.

Bedtime even though it's a Sunday and got **** all reason to go out.

I haven't been feeling well today so I took it easy. Just finished watching The Other Guys (Dwayne Johnson and Samuel L. Jackson are still the best parts of that movie).
Not feeling well like mentally or physically?

Either/Or both sucks and hope you get out of it.

My only stance on Sonic games is that Rush was the best and we need pixel remasters or something of the Advance Trilogy.

Goodnight.

D

Deleted member

Btw Brawl is trash
Honestly, hot take

I didn’t really like Subspace Emissary that much :239:

the cutscenes are awesome, don’t get me wrong, but having to slog through tedious platform sections after tedious platformer section in a fighting game is just not my thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly, hot take

I didn’t really like Subspace Emissary that much :239:

the cutscenes are awesome, don’t get me wrong, but having to slog through tedious platform sections after tedious platformer section in a fighting game is just not my thing.
It should not have been a hot take.

Because you are on thin ice for saying that, and that hot take is gonna melt that ice. :troll:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Me and my friends get no respect

What does Scooby Doo have that we neglect?
We be keepin all our foes in check

But me and my fiends get no respect!
So what? Who cares?

We’re doing it how we like!

I’m singing into my mic!

My special underwater mic!

Who’s gonna save the world? Who’s gonna save the days?

From Ahab, crabs who steal, and eerie eels with evil rays.

Who’s gonna talk like Curly, since Curly isn’t here?

Who’s gonna stand for justice and then turn around and run in fear?

You know who I’m talking about, he’s fat and short on brains. And we do not mean Captain Caveman we mean:

JABBERJAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom