• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Noipoi Noipoi why does your pfp make Groose look like he's gonna from the top rope?

Like gonna do a Swanton Bomb through a table and then apply some hair grease after for a dance off.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elevator Pitch: 3D World 2: Mario vs Donkey Kong. Bowser and King K. Rool have teamed up and have tricked Mario and DK into competing against each other to see who can complete all of the courses and beat all the bosses while also collecting the most green stars or kremkoins (depending on who you are playing as). You have access to a Team Mario story with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad; or a Team DK story with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and either Kiddy Kong or Cranky Kong (I can’t decide which is the better option). And however many bonus collectibles you get in each campaign before you do the final story segment determined which ending you get. You can do the final story without even touching the other team’s story, but then it will just be a cutscene with no level.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Elevator Pitch: 3D World 2: Mario vs Donkey Kong. Bowser and King K. Rool have teamed up and have tricked Mario and DK into competing against each other to see who can complete all of the courses and beat all the bosses while also collecting the most green stars or kremkoins (depending on who you are playing as). You have access to a Team Mario story with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad; or a Team DK story with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and either Kiddy Kong or Cranky Kong (I can’t decide which is the better option). And however many bonus collectibles you get in each campaign before you do the final story segment determined which ending you get. You can do the final story without even touching the other team’s story, but then it will just be a cutscene with no level.
Not sure about this though I have thought about ideas for a 3D adventure platforming game with Mario and DK teaming up to defeat Bowser and K. Rool.

Also Cranky is the better option, especially over Kiddy

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Thank you for reminding me that we should have a full remake of the first half of this:

1628985035885.png

Or a 3D version of it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everything is fine.

View attachment 326358

View attachment 326359

As long as everyone plays their part.
What’s my part then?

Cranky or Funky over Kiddy.

No Kiddy.

Never Kiddy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh, come on! He isn't that bad! I'd welcome Kiddy.
I think he’s ugly, and worst of all uninteresting. His only character trait is “baby”. Sure the other Kongs aren’t deep either, but their one note character traits are more fun.

But hey, to each their own.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Tonight on the Social Thread
Moomew turns out to be a mass serial killer
Irepan embraces the Donkey Kong vs Mario series as their life
Noipoi becomes racist towards primates
All this and more, tonight on the Social Thread
And Wade continues to not exist

Dutch Raikuna

Lies!

I'm writing my ass off.

And MooMew64 MooMew64 a serial killer? I mean I hear he goes by the aliases MoMe32 and MM16 for his so called "contracts",

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh, I don't hurt anyone. Preposterous! The nerve! The...The audacity!

No one gets hurt as long as they play the part.

Divergences cause strife. Hiccups. Alterations. CHANGES. CHAOS. CHAOS. CHAOS. CHAOS. CANNOT ABIDE. CANNOT ACCEPT. CANNOTCANNOTCANNOTCANNOTCANNNNNACANCANCANCANCANCANNNNNNNNAOOTANCANNNOOOOT

:125::157::114::marthmelee::marthmelee::pt::lucario::toonlink::battlefieldb::battlefieldb::battlefieldb::4bayonetta2::4falcon::4mario::4myfriends:

Everyone is fine as long as they follow FATE.

As long as things go according to the script, we're fine.

No one disappears when they're fine.

Everything is lovely! We all go according to the grand design.

DO___N0T___QUESTION____FATE___POKELEGO999

What’s my part then?
You're already playing it.

A small hiccup in time messed with your programing. Don't worry about it! Tomorrow you'll wake up just fine. A slight headache, but fine!

Noipoi

Howdy!

Divergences cause strife. Hiccups. Alterations. CHANGES. CHAOS. CHAOS. CHAOS. CHAOS. CANNOT ABIDE. CANNOT ACCEPT. CANNOTCANNOTCANNOTCANNOTCANNNNNACANCANCANCANCANCANNNNNNNNAOOTANCANNNOOOOT

:125::157::114::marthmelee::marthmelee::pt::lucario::toonlink::battlefieldb::battlefieldb::battlefieldb::4bayonetta2::4falcon::4mario::4myfriends:

You're already playing it.

A small hiccup in time messed with your programing. Don't worry about it! Tomorrow you'll wake up just fine. A slight headache, but fine!
God you sound just like my dad :239:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I watched Madeline and the Toy Factory today and I’m questioning why the first reaction of all the characters when they realize Madeline got on the conveyor belt and put in a box was to run around and panic.
Ah well it’s a cartoon. Probably shouldn’t dwell on it too much.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Truth be told, I adlibbed that whole thing, I had no other "lore" plans other than what I first posted, but then Pokelego999 Pokelego999 gave me the idea with the first AI post, lol.

Reminds me of my brief roleplay days on TTC. Now that takes me back.

Anyways, if any of y'all caught the references, mad respect. I dipped into a lot of different stuff there, lol.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

This just in: Moomew turns out to be the final boss of the internet

Noipoi

Howdy!
Which is worse to 100%? Mario Sunshine, Mario Odyssey, DK 64, or Banjo-Tooie?
When it comes to the process, Odyssey. Purely because once you run out of fun moons, it becomes a chore of just mashing the A button to collect the remaining filler Moons.

When it comes to reward, Sunshine puts you through blue coin Hell and the reward is a slightly different end card.

Can’t speak on DK64 or Tooie.

Shroob

Sup?
Mario Odyssey is long, but the Moons aren't too terribly hard to get tbh.

Banjo-Tooie has **** huge maps, but it's not 'hard', just tedious.

DK 64 both has big levels and very tedious game mechanics that force you to backtrack multiple times.

Sunshine though?

Lowkey, Sunshine would be 100% easier.... if there was a way to keep track of what Blue Coins you had already gotten. But because there's not... yeah, that.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All four have their own critical snags with 100%:
Sunshine: Blue Coins, gotten by spraying everything in every episode.
Odyssey: Has a lot of collectables (I haven't really scratched the surface of Odyssey)
DK64: Gotta collect basically everything and learn how to play the original arcade Donkey Kong and Jetpac for two more required items.
Banjo-Tooie: Big Worlds, lots of backtracking.

So I say it depends on what you find the worst of the four to 100%. Of these, I've only 100%'d Sunshine and Banjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom