• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly, it's not a well-written movie by any measure but I found myself enjoying it quite a lot thanks to the music, acting, and costumes. It helped how over-the-top it was, making it easier to just laugh at the writing.

Also, Baroness was amazing.
Its still damn stupid how her mom died and those dogs CG looked god awful

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just managed to watch Free Guy:

Free Guy is a film that stars Ryan Reynolds as a non-playable character named Guy who lives an ordinary life within an online game called "Free City" that was developed and programmed by Millie and Keys (Jodie Comer and Joe Keery.) Antwan played by Taiki Watiti threatened to overwrite Guy's world from existence and he took steps to becoming a hero and must save the game before it shuts down.

At first, I did not have much expectations going in, but after watching the entire film, I was very surprised and actually it was a good and funny flim. The concept was very well crafted in which it almost feels like you are in a gaming environment and the cast performances mainly Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer had not only shone, but they had shown very good chemistry.

In addition to a lot of well known streamers, there are tons of easter eggs and certain references that will certainly delight anyone, that includes the Mega-Buster weapon from Megaman and Guy summoning Captain America's Shield and a lightsaber from Star Wars.

Overall, this film is a real surprise and enjoyable to watch. 8/10.

D

Deleted member

Free Guy is a film that stars Ryan Reynolds as a non-playable character named Guy who lives an ordinary life within an online game called "Free City" that was developed and programmed by Millie and Keys (Jodie Comer and Joe Keery.) Antwan played by Taiki Watiti threatened to overwrite Guy's world from existence and he took steps to becoming a hero and must save the game before it shuts down.

At first, I did not have much expectations going in, but after watching the entire film, I was very surprised and actually it was a good and funny flim. The concept was very well crafted in which it almost feels like you are in a gaming environment and the cast performances mainly Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer had not only shone, but they had shown very good chemistry.

In addition to a lot of well known streamers, there are tons of easter eggs and certain references that will certainly delight anyone, that includes the Mega-Buster weapon from Megaman and Guy summoning Captain America's Shield and a lightsaber from Star Wars.

Ah yes, the GTA Online movie.

Really want to see It.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Bad news for those looking forward to Shang-Chi. You'll have to watch it in theaters if you're looking forward to the movie.
Well, I do feel that Disney does not want to repeat the same mistake they did with Black Widow. It is a bit of a risky move to put this in theaters for 45 days considering the current situation, but I really hope the film does reasonably well in its box office performance. But also considering that Free Guy which had recently been released in theaters yesterday which will also have a 45 day window, it will be interesting to see how that does.

I heard that the World Premiere is happening for Shang Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings on Monday. So I get the feeling we will possibly get social media reactions first and then reviews to come out afterward.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Gonna try to see that on Wednesday with my worker.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As of current my top 5 films of this year.

1. Godzilla vs. Kong
2. Nobody/The Suicide Squad (I just eventually couldn't decide which one I liked more)
3. The Mitchells vs. The Machines
4. A Quiet Place: Part II
5. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

D

Deleted member

But...The Starters aren't new.
I mean tbf, they might get mega forms or something like that. They did that with the Gen 1 starters in XY, and the Gen 3 starters in ORAS

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I swear Nobody was such lightning in a bottle. If you guys loved John Wick, this is definitely your movie and I'd be surprised you had yet to watch it. Highly recommend!

D

Deleted member

There have been a lot of movies this year which I really liked: Jungle Cruise, Cruella, Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, A Silent Voice (which I saw for the first time), Vivo, The Mitchells vs The Machines and probably more to come.

Although if you ask me this has been rather the year for TV shows: The Owl House, Amphibia, Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Animaniacs, Monsters At Work, the new Chip & Dale show, Loki and many more.

It's being a packed year, and there's even more to come. So yeah, It is quite exciting

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There have been a lot of movies this year which I really liked: Jungle Cruise, Cruella, Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, A Silent Voice (which I saw for the first time), Vivo, The Mitchells vs The Machines and probably more to come.

Although if you ask me this has been rather the year for TV shows: The Owl House, Amphibia, Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Animaniacs, Monsters At Work, the new Chip & Dale show, Loki and many more.

It's being a packed year, and there's even more to come. So yeah, It is quite exciting
While there are still plenty of films I'm looking forward to. The only two left I'm really excited about are Reminiscence and Top Gun: Maverick. Of course, that's assuming the Delta and Lambda variants don't interfere and delay the remaining movies following September this year. Sadly I'm kinda having that feeling it will.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Top 5 Movies eh? Here
  1. The Suicide Squad
  2. Black Widow
  3. Batman: Long Halloween Parts 1 & 2
  4. SnyderCut
  5. Fast 9 simply because of John Cena
once I watch Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0, I’m sure the list will change

D

Deleted member

But real talk, didn't Charizard get 4th in the 2020 popularity poll?

It's no wonder they keep giving him everything.
Yeah, makes me wonder how high each Pokémon currently playable in Smash tend to rank in nowadays.

Greninja I know is still high up there, but I don't remember how much the others such as Lucario and Mewtwo did.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, makes me wonder how high each Pokémon currently playable in Smash tend to rank in nowadays.

Greninja I know is still high up there, but I don't remember how much the others such as Lucario and Mewtwo did.
Lucario got 2nd, Mewtwo wasn't top 10, let alone top 5 Kanto.

Edit: Mewtwo was 8th of Kanto

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The only new movies that came out this year are The Mitchells vs the Machines, Luca, and Black Widow. My ranking probably goes like this:
1. The Mitchells vs the Machines
2. Black Widow
3. Luca

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, Luca was cool too.

I found Soul deeper and more emotional (more so since It came at a really dark and sad point of my life), but Luca on its own was a really fun and wholesome movie.
And the artstyle had a lot of charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom