• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why does Hippopotas' cry sound like a low quality, stock sound effect of a cartoon car engine
They actually did experiment with stock sound samples for making DP's cries. I always thought Starly and Pachirisu's cries sounded like they recorded real birds/squirrels.

KillerCage

Smash Master

I believe I can fly

I got shot by the FBI

All I wanted was a chicken wing

And a whopper from Burger King…
What are you on and where can I get it?

In case you are wondering, I actually do NOT do drugs.

I can delete this comment if it's too risque.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just want something to be hype about. Is that to much to ask for? I guess it is.
Yeah, imma need your home address, city, state, country, and planet of residence.

Cuz someone’s gotta get your life together to the point where you don’t need video game commercials to be happy, and if it won’t be you I guess its gonna be me.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just saw the trailer for the final Street Fighter V character. Between Luke in SFV and Decapre in Ultra Street Fighter IV, I feel like it's safe to assume that, if Street Fighter VI has a mysterious final character, it's going to be an extremely underwhelming one.

For those who don't remember Decapre:

She was so poorly received that Skullgirls made an entire character just to mock her.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They're all GameFrEAk shills anyways. They all bought Sword and ****.
Whenever r/Pokemon isn't 100% upvote bait there's as least one thread discussing how SwSh is bad. Then again if you don't think SwSh is better than all the Zeldas and Half-Lives combined you're an entitled manchild pissbaby amirite?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, imma need your home address, city, state, country, and planet of residence.

Cuz someone’s gotta get your life together to the point where you don’t need video game commercials to be happy, and if it won’t be you I guess its gonna be me.
i almost actually posted it.
It’s my parents house, like I care

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is Bayonetta "The best" though? Because in regards to Smash 4's DLC, I'd say that both Ryu and Cloud easily outrank her in terms of sheer size and hype.

That's not to say that Bayonetta's a bad inclusion no, but there were clearly 'bigger' characters than her in the DLC cycle.
can’t speak much for Cloud at all (since I didn’t know who he was during his reveal), and the Ryu reveal would’ve been fully hype if he didn’t get leaked on accident, so I’d have to say Bayo was bigger (that and the fact that she’s probably the most inappropriate member of the roster…might still hold up but idk)

…tho I’m the day guy who was most hyped for PalutenaDad o;

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just saw the final SFV character:

I’m not really sure why Capcom is so dismissive for crossover characters in Street Fighter. They literally only bring characters already present in the universe in. It’s just a shame they literally had the most hype built up here and could’ve capitalized on it with a SNK, Tekken, Marvel, or another outside Capcom character and then just gives us… Luke… literally just Able but worse.

Shroob

Sup?
can’t speak much for Cloud at all (since I didn’t know who he was during his reveal), and the Ryu reveal would’ve been fully hype if he didn’t get leaked on accident, so I’d have to say Bayo was bigger (that and the fact that she’s probably the most inappropriate member of the roster…might still hold up but idk)

…tho I’m the day guy who was most hyped for PalutenaDad o;
I mean, that's definitely a you-thing tbh.

There's no doubt in my mind if they had released Bayonetta before Cloud and Cloud ended Smash 4, people would still bring up "Well, Smash 4 ended on Cloud so Ultimate will end huge too!"

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, that's definitely a you-thing tbh.

There's no doubt in my mind if they had released Bayonetta before Cloud and Cloud ended Smash 4, people would still bring up "Well, Smash 4 ended on Cloud so Ultimate will end huge too!"
Tbh Bayo isn’t even a let down IMO.

Yeah she’s not gigantic, but I think much of the disappointment came from the fact that she was the supposed ballot winner, and she was revealed alongside yet another FE character. If she was a stand-alone reveal with no ties to the ballot, I think she would’ve been received better.

Until she wrecked the meta, but that’s neither here nor there.

If FP11 is of a similar caliber to Bayo, I’d be well satisfied.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
After watching a episode of Rugrats tonight I think I know the appeal of the show.

The antics of the baby characters is neat and all, but the adult characters are where the humor lies (in my opinion).

Note: One episode probably isn't a good judge of a show though, must watch more another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom