• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ironic given people's obsession's with the jiggle on Chun Li in Fortnite.
Dammit, I knew I should've bought the costume

It's almost like fighting games don't tend to save the best for last.

Oh no Smas----oh, wait, we knew that already. :nifty:
You're laughing, but wait until All Stars Brawl reveals Goku from Nicktoons' DBZ Kai.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Honestly?

Sometimes I like using pre evos or weaker Pokémon, it makes things a little more challenging. I know these games like the back of my hand, so why not shake it up a lil?
If Eviolite exists it could be very good honestly.

Not to say Togetic is terrible on it's own, I used one in my Crystal save awhile back.

Shroob

Sup?
Even then, I doubt the last character is going to take that long. Remember, Steve was still able to be completed in the usual amount of time even with all the stage editing they had to do.
Depends.

Sakurai's presentation, assumedly was only filmed a few weeks after E3, and he himself said it'd be "A wait", which, as far as I can tell, he's never gone out of his way to make a distinction like that before.

At the end of the day, if it's not September, it's December. Barring the announcement of a "Final Sakurai Presents!", it's going to be one of those 2 months.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly?

Sometimes I like using pre evos or weaker Pokémon, it makes things a little more challenging. I know these games like the back of my hand, so why not shake it up a lil?
Besides, completing the main story of an official Pokemon game isn't something you have to let out your inner Smongonite for just to beat the first Youngster.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Personally I loved the inclusion of Bayo in Smash 4
Despite the fact that I had no clue who she was back then
I hope the final dlc this time is someone really cool as well

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Look a few posts earlier.
oh…well…at least it’s content
It's almost like fighting games don't tend to save the best for last.
Oh no Smas----oh, wait, we knew that already. :nifty:
Yeah

Corrin was seen as a blatant shill, along with being the 27th FE character. And people didn’t believe Bayo won the ballot.

It got even worse when Bayo dominated the competitive scene.
can’t be denied that Bayonetta brought hype
Dammit, I knew I should've bought the costume

You're laughing, but wait until All Stars Brawl reveals Goku from Nicktoons' DBZ Kai.
inb4 it’s Baby from GT

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 325178

Noipoi Noipoi Pokelego999 Pokelego999 feel free to judge my taste.

I limited myself to only what's available between Gen I and IV, and like Noi I tried to pick Pokémon I haven't used in mainlines as core picks before. :nifty:
Torterra and Ampharos are based as ****.

Delcatty is on brand.

Sharpedo and Rapidash are solid picks. And Vespiquen is unique, I’ve never used one before so I dunno how that’ll go.

Good ****/10.

Shroob

Sup?
oh…well…at least it’s content

can’t be denied that Bayonetta brought hype

inb4 it’s Baby from GT
Is Bayonetta "The best" though? Because in regards to Smash 4's DLC, I'd say that both Ryu and Cloud easily outrank her in terms of sheer size and hype.

That's not to say that Bayonetta's a bad inclusion no, but there were clearly 'bigger' characters than her in the DLC cycle.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
View attachment 325178

Noipoi Noipoi Pokelego999 Pokelego999 feel free to judge my taste.

I limited myself to only what's available between Gen I and IV, and like Noi I tried to pick Pokémon I haven't used in mainlines as core picks before. :nifty:
Yeah ok but seriously, Torterra is a sign of respect between people.

Rapidash is overall an ok fire type, can't go wrong with it. Vespiquen isn't the worst possible thing, so it should work well enough. Just be prepared for rock types. Sharpedo is a solid overall mon. Ampharos is strong but rather slow, so be prepared to get outsped, and make sure Vespiquen can support Ampharos against it's checks.

But legitimately, never use Delcatty. It's ****ing awful. It has no firepower, no bulk, and a mediocre speed stat. Anything it can do, another normal type can do better. Bibarel is probably a better choice, no joke. Though I doubt I'm getting you to switch it out, just keep that in mind.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
When being credited in projects, "Nate F." is gonna be pretty hard to google. So I'm thinking of going by a stage name. Like, Nate insert last name starting with f here that isn't actually my last name. :drshrug:

Kinda like how Christina Valenzuela is credited as Christina Vee in some projects. Hopefully that's a good idea, haha.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Assuming all these 'Mons are in, yup!
Well if it's 1:1, it's safe to say the will be in the game.

Though I wonder if Alolan forms and Galarian forms will be in the game. Actually, I wonder if newer Pokemon will retroactively be added as they do seems to be using the same assets as SwSh.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
And I don’t know why they don’t. Like… start AND END on a high! Starting high gets the fans buying, ending high keeps them coming back for whatever you do next.
1628038022367.png

It's all business.

Strike while the iron's hot as they say. When you JUST announce a new DLC pass, that's when everyone's looking in your direction. That's when all the money rolls in. Player retention drops over time even with new characters coming out.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah ok but seriously, Torterra is a sign of respect between people.

Rapidash is overall an ok fire type, can't go wrong with it. Vespiquen isn't the worst possible thing, so it should work well enough. Just be prepared for rock types. Sharpedo is a solid overall mon. Ampharos is strong but rather slow, so be prepared to get outsped, and make sure Vespiquen can support Ampharos against it's checks.

But legitimately, never use Delcatty. It's ****ing awful. It has no firepower, no bulk, and a mediocre speed stat. Anything it can do, another normal type can do better. Bibarel is probably a better choice, no joke. Though I doubt I'm getting you to switch it out, just keep that in mind.
understood

after taking this advice to heart

i will instead use a skitty

download (4).png

Well sorry to bust the party, but Sharpedo, Ampharos, and Delcatty aren't in DPP's original dex. It may change, but they aren't base game, meaning you'd have to use HOME to send them in if it even lets you.
Oh I'm fine with using HOME, it just depends on who's in in the end.

It's almost like the game is coming out soon and news should be delivered about this kind of thing.

Funny, that. :191:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 325185

It's all business.

Strike while the iron's hot as they say. When you JUST announce a new DLC pass, that's when everyone's looking in your direction. That's when all the money rolls in. Player retention drops over time even with new characters coming out.
I can understand that but I just do not get why they kept this guy a mystery for so long when they revealed the other four SF characters all together. If anything, if you were gonna keep a character secret it should have been Akira. That was the fan request, and Dan, Rose, and Oro still would have been enough to get people buying and then we wouldn’t have had all that buildup to a generic ducking white guy named Luke. Win Win.

Shroob

Sup?
I can understand that but I just do not get why they kept this guy a mystery for so long when they revealed the other four SF characters all together. If anything, if you were gonna keep a character secret it should have been Akira. That was the fan request, and Dan, Rose, and Oro still would have been enough to get people buying and then we wouldn’t have had all that buildup to a generic ducking white guy named Luke. Win Win.
Maybe they hadn't gotten enough of him designed? Or hell, maybe he was in extremely early draft.

Like, in regards to Street Fighter, reminder that 4 ended on Decapre, which was just Cammy in a mask, so... yeah.

D

Deleted member

I’ve noticed this trend at my job, honestly.

In the morning, there is a huge number of guests who ride every single ride in the park each hour(easily hitting triple or even quadruple digits depending on what ride it is) but as the day goes on and the afternoon hits(specifically right around 11pm as that’s when most people head to the water park)the number gets lower and lower, and occasionally there won’t even be anyone in line.

... I don’t really know where I’m going with this :yoshi:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Was playing overwatch (kill me) and the chat was going off. Screaming about all the diffs. Mercy diff, tank diff- you get the deal. So I just randomly decided to type, "torb diff" when there wasn't even a torb on the field. I wasn't expecting any remarks, but this one guy after I posted that almost instantly types, "TORB ISN'T EVEN HERE"

And then everyone was arguing about there actually being a torb or not.

I'm not exactly sure what happened, other than a part of my last brain cell splitting off and fading into nothingness.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's just how the business works, honestly. The big money is in your casual audience, and they stick around the early days, which is where you'll get your season pass buyers. You need big reveals then to sell your pass, get everyone hooked.

Then, at the end? Anyone who was gonna buy the pass already bought it like, 6-8 months ago: There isn't a need to wow anymore. This is the place to drop your cheapest offer at the end as a small hurrah, close it out, get a few stragglers who the product appeals to, and then cash out and move on to your next project.

Pretty much every company that offers a service does this. Opening strong and finishing strong are not only subjective, but usually not super doable given budgets, time constraints, and whole bunch of other nasty complications.

Basically:

Making things is hard and actually pleasing anyone (in today's world especially) is even harder.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
When I first heard this in the show, I thought I was going crazy, but nope, it's K.K. Slider alright. :drshrug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom