• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, (redacted) apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a ****ty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
dude

i could be gaming

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So uh. There was a Fortnite leak a while ago that said Naruto could very seriously be coming to Fortnite among other things like Suicide Squad. This leak was not part of the Legal documents although naruto was there, this was different.

Well Suicide Squad was just revealed.

There is a solid chance of Naruto in Fortnite, He'd be there with the likes of Ricardo and Mortimer.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, (redacted) apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a ****ty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
GAMERS

RISE THE FRICK UP

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ugh looks like they're giving Harley the same "redemption" and free pass as in the games and comics. Screw that subhuman *****, really wish Superman had killed her when he killed Joker. >.>

Batman apparently having no problem with her, yet at odds with Superman his best friend. Rather than consoling him in his time of grieving chose to shun and shame him for killing the greatest terrorist in history. If Batman was a better friend and got Superman the help he needed, Superman never would had gone down the dark path he did.

Injustice and its horrible writing.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ugh looks like they're giving Harley the same "redemption" and free pass as in the games and comics. Screw that subhuman *****, really wish Superman had killed her when he killed Joker. >.>

Batman apparently having no problem with her, yet at odds with Superman his best friend. Rather than consoling him in his time of grieving chose to shun and shame him for killing the greatest terrorist in history. If Batman was a better friend and got Superman the help he needed, Superman never would had gone down the dark path he did.

Injustice and its horrible writing.
Very interesting to call a mentally unstable woman that's been actively abused and gaslit a "subhuman *****"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Very interesting to call a mentally unstable woman that's been actively abused and gaslit a "subhuman *****"
Even if involved in the greatest acts of terrorism ever committed that killed 11 million people?

Yeah sorry but no you're far from redemption at the point and mental illness shouldn't excuse it either should be thrown onto the electric chair at that point.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
even if involved in the greatest acts of terrorism ever committed that killed 11 million people?

Yeah sorry but no you're far from redemption at the point and mental illness shouldn't excuse it either.shouldbe thrown on the lectric chair at that point.
If these were real crimes committed by a real person, we could have this conversation.

But it’s comics, bro. They’re kinda exaggerated. I don’t think you should take it so seriously.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
before the response below…look at this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Promo images for the animated Injustice film.

TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64
they going full Year 1 and I can’t wait (plus it being rated r most likely will be awesome)…Alfred hype

The Legend of Diana
Wonder Korra
If these were real crimes committed by a real person, we could have this conversation.

But it’s comics, bro. They’re kinda exaggerated. I don’t think you should take it so seriously.
NOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIII poi

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Injustice Batman is so much against killing I could bet you he'd lose his **** if someone swatted a mosquito or try to stop a lion from killing its prey. That's probably how much he's so against killing, just as long as there isn't any in whatever form possible.

I mean this is the guy who apparently mourned the lives of Parademons and considered Superman beyond redemption after that.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ya know, it's funny.

I've never really had music give me any real emotion before, I just tend to appreciate and listen to it.

Then I listened to Everywhere at the End of Time

And now I'm horrified.
My fragile pissbaby mental state is easily susceptible to getting freaked the **** out. And music especially can induce that reaction.

So I basically can’t listen to anything but feel good music or I wind up a quivering mess :wario:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Injustice has a great concept to it. It's problem is the horrible writing.

If only it was written better. Like there was many ways they could have done Harley such as she thought it was only a small bomb, or she found out Joker's plan and tried to warn someone but Joker knocked her out.

It would have been better if she just formed her own organization (Similar to the protestors in Year 5) taking on Joker's legacy in trying to get revenge on Superman for taking her "pudding" away from being an obstacle for both the Insurgence and Regime rather than trying to redeem her after you know the lives of 11 million people killed. I'm sorry but no one could be redeemed after that no matter how sorry they are.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya know, it's funny.

I've never really had music give me any real emotion before, I just tend to appreciate and listen to it.

Then I listened to Everywhere at the End of Time

And now I'm horrified.
Considering what happened to someone in my family the last time I saw them.

I don't I'm ready to listen to this album in full.

The first music already give me enough dread as it is.

Shroob

Sup?
Considering what happened to someone in my family the last time I saw them.

I don't I'm ready to listen to this album in full.

The first music already give me enough dread as it is.
Same. Albeit, the person who it happened to in my family was kinda a son of a ***** his whole life, but then the thought occurs that it could end up happening to me and, oh god.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Injustice Batman is so much against killing I could bet you he'd lose his **** if someone swatted a mosquito or try to stop a lion from killing its prey. That's probably how much he's so against killing, just as long as there isn't any in whatever form possible.

I mean this is the guy who apparently mourned the lives of Parademons and considered Superman beyond redemption after that.
he’s also the same hero who “doesn’t do that” for money purposes

And imma say it…best Harleens rn are from the current comics, DCEU (BoP and most likely TSS), and her tv series self
i have no strong feelings about comics other than they should add Goofy to the MCU
Ducktales (87 series) is canon to the MCU and the trauma of Natasha, so we’re getting there

Goofy Loki please

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And imma say it…best Harleens rn are from the current comics, DCEU (BoP and most likely TSS), and her tv series self
I can agree with this.

Injustice Harley though...She can **** herself. That exact moment when you realize MonsterVerse Godzilla and Kong are more human than she is. Worst version of the character easily.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Same. Albeit, the person who it happened to in my family was kinda a son of a ***** his whole life, but then the thought occurs that it could end up happening to me and, oh god.
My family’s gotta history of it, on one side.

One of my grandma’s was perfectly lucid up to her 90s, until she passed. My other went nuts in her last days, it was less memory problems and more being angry all the time and starting fights.

I really hope I take after chill grandma…

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also that exact same moment when you actually realize both MonsterVerse Godzilla and Kong are more of heroes than DCEU Batman and Superman are.

LMAO. That really speaks a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom