• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait, I'm confused.

Michael's point was that everyone got tired of the Marvel formula. I responded showing the piracy stats, which would imply the opposite, and it's moreso an accessability issue if anything.

So what are we arguing here? His point was debunked lmao.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, I'm confused.

Michael's point was that everyone got tired of the Marvel formula. I responded showing the piracy stats, which would imply the opposite, and it's moreso an accessability issue if anything.

$$$---.jpg

bottom text bottom

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wait, I'm confused.

I guess the point is that nobody wanted a Disney streaming service?

I'm gonna say something controversial.

"Shroob, don't do it."

I'm gonna say something controversial that starts with F.

"SHROOB NO YOU'LL BE BANNED!"

inhales

Fast and Furious sucks.
But... Family.

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Reasons why Black Widow isn't doing as well other Marvel Movies.
1.People already know what happens to the character in Endgame so they lose interest.
2.Someone people might just look at it as another spy movie.
3.People aren't as interested in Black Widow since she has no powers compared to Captain Marvel and The Wasp.
4.Disney+ might have hurt box office sales since people can just go other to their friends house to watch the movie together.
Actually...
^This
6.People are more interest in Space Jam 2 because Nastasha can't slam nor jam.
Shame too since it's a pretty good movie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Y’know what? I’m feeling generous, dweeb. I’ll hook you up.

I know a guy.

You want Earthbound? I can get you Earthbound. First hit is free…
Yeah no. I don’t trust him. I’ll just wait for it to end up on Switch.
It'll be an absolute travesty if all this memeing doesn't end with Hugh getting a spot in Nick Brawl.
More like all will be as it should be.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean yeah but that’s already happening and I can’t do anything about it so I don’t really care. But we don’t need more than one spot wasted with memes.
Why?

What exactly is wrong with memes about old shows? If nothing else, it shows people genuinely care about a series that would otherwise be long dead.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My joy is killed all the time and I’m told I’m just a winey crybaby who can’t try new things. What’s that old saying? Treat others the way they’ve treated you?
What?

Look, I’m not trying to start a fight. I don’t care if you don’t like memes. But could you let people have fun?

Nobody wants to hear someone butt in and be all “no fun allowed” when they’re just sharing their love for something through the medium of comedy.

And yes, memes are comedy. Deny it all you want, it’s the truth. It’s a medium used to make people laugh, that’s comedy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why?

What exactly is wrong with memes about old shows? If nothing else, it shows people genuinely care about a series that would otherwise be long dead.
Memes are lazy comedy. They’re inside jokes that take no effort to come up with but spread around like viruses until they end up in our movies and tv shows and video games, dating them horribly. And yet they get nothing but positivity and warmth from people while comedy that takes actual effort to come up with is ignored and unappreciated. Not to mention they’re often belittling towards what they are talking about, this shaping the public’s perception of that thing in a negative and inaccurate way. People constantly belittle and mock things they purport to love and then wonder why the fan base dwindles and the property dies. It’s just not a good thing. But nobody thinks about any of that because they’re too busy with their short term toddler-esque amusement.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Memes are lazy comedy. They’re inside jokes that take no effort to come up with but spread around like viruses until they end up in our movies and tv shows and video games, dating them horribly. And yet they get nothing but positivity and warmth from people while comedy that takes actual effort to come up with is ignored and unappreciated. Not to mention they’re often belittling towards what they are talking about, this shaping the public’s perception of that thing in a negative and inaccurate way. People constantly belittle and mock things they purport to love and then wonder why the fan base dwindles and the property dies. It’s just not a good thing. But nobody thinks about any of that because they’re too busy with their short term toddler-esque amusement.
This is something you’d see on the r/IAmVerySmart subreddit.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I like that the source for Black Widow "bombing" is from a rando youtuber and not a reputable news source.
Almost like there's a bunch of confirmation bias going on.
I did some research on this Mr. H dude
Screenshot 2021-07-21 165726.png
Mike, you gotta find some better reviewers.

Shroob

Sup?
This is so wrong it's not even funny Snake.

"Memes are lazy comedy"

I mean, yeah, but so what? Comedy's comedy. If I laugh at a joke, I laughed, I don't care how high effort the joken was.

"Dating them horribly".

Sure, I'll give you that, but that's less the meme's fault and more executives trying to be "hip with the kids".

"Positivity and warmth"

Because they're funny.

"Actual comedy gets ignored"

So stand-up comedians and comedy movies don't exist?

"Belittling, shaping the public's perspective in a negative way."

That's entirely a subjective take. Team Fortress 2 is kept alive by its thriving community and memes, and despite VALVe basically abandoning the game and letting the servers fill with mic-spamming, racist bots, I can still find games with a thriving community who love to do dumb **** like "POOTIS"-Heavys.

Edit: Ramen posted before I finished typing this, rip.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is something you’d see on the r/IAmVerySmart subreddit.
Of course there’s a subreddit. Of course there’s a reason to paint me as a grumpy killjoy who can’t let people enjoy things. Of course all of the reasons I present are just poppycock with no factual backing. Because you’ve decided I’m wrong. So I can never prove myself right to you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To each their own.

Even if we leave the meme potential out of it, he's still a beloved character from one of Nickelodeon's most popular cartoons of that era.
There are just better Jimmy Neutron characters to pick IMO. Professor Calamitous, Beautiful Gorgeous, heck even Ultra Lord. And we wanna give that slot to the duck loving goofy dad character with no powers or combat prowess.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
bestboy.jpg

Well now, Wasn't expecting this today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom