• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
To each their own on that one, mate. I personally found the level design too shallow and the gameplay styles undercooked (or in Classic Sonic's case, just downright awful) to find much enjoyment out of the game. Even the soundtrack didn't do much for me aside from a small handful of tracks, and that's usually the one thing you can count on being excellent even in some of Sonic's worst outings.
Yeah but knowing Sonic Fans they'll look down on you for enjoying anything that they don't and will treat you like trash, Like imagine being the minority of liking something that's considered to be bad. People talk down about the fanbase for all of the weird art and memes but people rarely point out the B.S that happens within it.

So yeah screw Sonic Fans.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you ever feel like giving it a second chance peeps are slowly fixing it on Steam.

Keyword being "slowly", though. Progress is being made, but it ain't exactly a hotspot for modding innovations like SA1&2 and Sonic Generations are right now. Not to mention Colors will also give it modding competition later this year.

Dang, not even the mods will fully save it in the end, all of 'em will probably just jump ship to mod better games, lol.
I saw a mod today that gave Chaos 0 a proper boss fight AND you control Tails to stop him from rampaging. Pretty cool stuff.

However, I doubt my Dell XPS13 can even handle Sonic Forces, and even if it did, I don't wanna put down money on Forces again lol.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I saw a mod today that gave Chaos 0 a proper boss fight AND you control Tails to stop him from rampaging. Pretty cool stuff.

However, I doubt my Dell XPS13 can even handle Sonic Forces, and even if it did, I don't wanna put down money on Forces again lol.
Don't blame you: I only bought it a second time on sale for $10 'cause I

A. Am a Sonic diehard and wanted to try the cool mods.

and

B. Having access to said mods will be content for my YT channel in the future.

Without mods the game is painfully mediocre. With mods it becomes okay to a pretty decently fun time, but nothing will ever truly make it "amazing" or even "great" without a full on remake.

D

Deleted member

I didn't really mind Watchog, but Conkledurr has to have the ****tiest design in the entire 2D Era. What was even the design philosophy, make a... wtf even is that creature supposed to be? It's so grotesque that nobody wants to look at it.
Um, excuse you. Conkledurr is an absolutely adorable creature and deserves all the love in the world.

Just look at that smile. Precious.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Reading the Archie Sonic Comics in order is fun because you get to watch Sally slowly morph from a cartoon chipmunk to a supermodel with a squirrel head.
Cool Ken Penders fact:

If he had it his way, he wanted Sally Acorn to hit third base with a skunk dude named Geoffrey.

The cool part is that it isn't cool, and I hate it! :4pacman:

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I didn't really mind Watchog, but Conkledurr has to have the ****tiest design in the entire 2D Era. What was even the design philosophy, make a... wtf even is that creature supposed to be? It's so grotesque that nobody wants to look at it.
I respect your opinion, but in this instance I do not.
Um, excuse you. Conkledurr is an absolutely adorable creature and deserves all the love in the world.

Just look at that smile. Precious.
I love how petting the pillars count as petting the creature holding them to it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Cool Ken Penders fact:

If he had it his way, he wanted Sally Acorn TO hit third base with a skunk dude named Geoffrey.

The cool part is that it isn't cool, and I hate it! :4pacman:
I cannot

****ing stand

Geoffrey St John.

As sad as it is that the Archie characters will most likely never appear again, it means Geoffrey’s gone. And that’s good enough.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Are we talking purely game Sonic characters or ALL Sonic characters?

If the latter, then Sonic, Espio, Jet, Omega, Scourge, Sally, Silver, and Whisper are my faves.
If the form, than take out Scourge, Sally, and Whisper.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Speaking of Gen 5 and things I wish GF did more of, one thing I wish GF did more was talk about the creation process of each respective generation's Pokemon. Gen 5 had a pretty large and dedicated interview where they talked about most of the Pokemon and what brought them to design each in the way they did, such as Volcarona having six wings not only because of the sun motif, but also to make it look strong and fitting as the intended Champion's signature Pokemon. They also detailed some original concepts that they had for certain Pokemon such as Crustle originally having pottery styled shells or Karrablast originally evolving separate of its snail rival before combining the concepts of it and Shelmet. Gen 6-8 don't have as much details on their creation process, which is a shame since it was cool to learn more about how GF went about designing some of the Pokemon. It made me appreciate certain designs more, even if I still wasn't a fan of them.

As for favorite Sonic Characters: Blaze, Vector, and Tails.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Speaking of Gen 5 and things I wish GF did more of, one thing I wish GF did more was talk about the creation process of each respective generation's Pokemon. Gen 5 had a pretty large and dedicated interview where they talked about most of the Pokemon and what brought them to design each in the way they did, such as Volcarona having six wings not only because of the sun motif, but also to make it look strong and fitting as the intended Champion's signature Pokemon. They also detailed some original concepts that they had for certain Pokemon such as Crustle originally having pottery styled shells or Karrablast originally evolving separate of its snail rival before combining the concepts of it and Shelmet. Gen 6-8 don't have as much details on their creation process, which is a shame since it was cool to learn more about how GF went about designing some of the Pokemon. It made me appreciate certain designs more, even if I still wasn't a fan of them.
Same. It was interesting learning how they were made.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wonder if Sonic fans would prefer Penders writing the series or Pontac and Graff writing the series.
The latter no contest, Penders is a whole 'nother level of bad and it makes me greatly appreciate the work of Ian Flynn to be able to salvage the comics after the mess he left.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I wonder if Sonic fans would prefer Penders writing the series or Pontac and Graff writing the series.
I do NOT like Pontac & Graff, but even I will admit they are LEAGUES better than Penders.
He basicly destroyed any chance of Sonic SatAM coming back and killed the Sonic franchise because he thought Sonic Chronicles ripped off his Sonic characters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
TBH while some may mourn Archie Sonic, losing it was a good thing in the end, because it gave us IDW, and now Ian isn't left with any of Pender's mess to clean up.
Years of bad decisions and tons of dumb characters left it cluttered and confusing. Even though they managed to clean it up near the end, it still had to lug around so much weirdness from it’s insane history.

I think starting completely fresh was the right choice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only thing I really remember reading from the Archie Comics stuff was the weird mega man crossover comics :yoshi:
149710DF-30B0-4174-BA6C-C2BF7FAFC915.jpeg

Did I miss much?

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I knew Penders waa bad and the reason why Sonic Chronicles will never ever get a sequel, but damn, I didn't know Sonic fans had Penders Sonic Traumatic Disorder

Damn it, I ****ed up the joke

That... doesn't work the way you intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom