• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong, I'm cautiously optimistic for this thing.

But then I remember the Steam Box, and the Steam Controller, and you'll have to excuse me skepticism.
Oh I get the skepticism, but do keep in mind they also recently released the Index which is universally agreed as the most definitive and high-tech VR headset available on the market. From what I've seen and read about the Deck in terms of specs and hardware information, it seems like a really good device meant for PC gamers, and I'm quite excited for it.

Like Gabe said, they see the Deck as a way to expand the PC eco-system and bring something of value to PC gamers, which is highly useful right now since PC parts are insanely expensive and it's not recommended to build a PC until prices become more normal.

....I talked far more than I wanted to haha, but I guess I wanted to explain in detail why this seems like an exciting product to me and so many other people.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, didn't she talk in the opening crawl of Super?
That too. But like, I figured people didn’t care about the opening crawls. But during gameplay I thought they’d be upset.
Cuz she doesn’t have a ridiculously monotone voice droning on and on about “THE BABY”
It really was just the voice acting? I could have sworn there was a whole “Samus should never ever talk!” Movement.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It really was just the voice acting? I could have sworn there was a whole “Samus should never ever talk!” Movement.
I don’t recall any Samus should never talk movement. I mean obviously some people have that opinion, but I dunno if it’s a wide spread thing.

I think people just really didn’t like her dialogue in Other M.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Most of the time she’s in a cave or something surrounded by hostile aliens.

Not a good time to be a chatterbox:4pacman:
I mean. Idk. I talk to myself all the time. Even in situations like that. I don’t necessarily want them to change Samus’s character since she’s clearly not like that. But a protagonist who was would be very fun imho.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean. Idk. I talk to myself all the time. Even in situations like that. I don’t necessarily want them to change Samus’s character since she’s clearly not like that. But a protagonist who was would be very fun imho.
We have a protagonist who talks to themself all the time even when it’s unneeded and incredibly annoying.

D92957D9-D992-4B34-BF40-0FAE13E57DA8.png

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, if you were on a hostile alien planet where everything wants to kill you

You're not gonna be talking much aside from internally.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was looking up the original digimon pets and found it kind of funny that Etemon is technically a failed digimon. It digivolves from Scumon and is technically a digivolution of Patamon

D

Deleted member

I've always resonated with this song. It's good to have a bestie in order for him/her to understand what you are going through in relation to the lyrics. My own best friend is like a treatment to my carried weight in life.

D

Deleted member

Man, why does the Poker Knight stuff have to be so expensive?

I pulled a decent amount of the core but if I want to get the rest of the deck, I still need to spent like $100 just to get the bare minimum. :224: it’s not even a good deck, I just really want to build it because I’m nostalgic for the Poker Knights.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also it's kind of funny that Devimon isn't even the strongest digimon at the beginning of Adventure 1. File Island had "perfect" level digimon while Devimon is just adult. I mean, how did he get to be such a threat when he's the same level as Greymon

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh snap! It might be possible to upgrade the storage on the Deck to something bigger!

View attachment 323059

View attachment 323060

M MooMew64 you might wanna see this
I already reserved the high end model, but this is great news for those who wanna go for the cheaper options! It also supports SD cards too, so I think storage won’t be a problem as initially feared.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom