• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think the main horror to Sunshine is its physics, which are something that you probably experienced at one point or another, but just kinda forgot about.

Everyone knows that Sunshine's physics are wonky as hell, and while it doesn't really affect every Shine, the ones that it does? Those stick out real bad. Those swinging boats in Pianta Park are a shining example of "Wtf even are physics?"
Knowing Isle Delfino's judicial system, they probably jailed and executed Newton

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So don't know if some of yous would care.

After months of not talking, I finally tried to talk to my brother again with how awkward it was living in the same house. It didn't turn out well but I tried. It was just to ask him to talk about casual stuff again instead of not talking to me at all as I didn't want him to throw my problems onto or anything.

Just a normal conversation. He still didn't want to but to me even just a casual talk is better than nothing. Feels like a bit of weight has been lifted off my shoulders from the physical symptoms.

So I'm feeling a bit better today.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

After months of not talking, I finally tried to talk to my brother again with how awkward it was living in the same house. It didn't turn out well but I tried. It was just to ask him to talk about casual stuff again instead of not talking to me at all as I didn't want him to throw my problems onto or anything.

Just a normal conversation. He still didn't want to but to me even just a casual talk is better than nothing. Feels like a bit of weight has been lifted off my shoulders from the physical symptoms.

Just keep putting in the effort here and there and hopefully he'll start opening back up to you eventually.

D

Deleted member

Glad to hear that you are feeling better regarding that today!

And yeah, as Lamperouge said these things usually take a lot of time to get through, just keep It going at a moderate pace and hopefully sooner or later you can overcome it.

Shroob

Sup?
So apparently Nintendo's going after people using Slippi with Melee on Twitch now?

Well, between this and the old "No Melee at EVO" stunt they pulled ages ago, are people still willing to think Nintendo is okay with Melee still being "A thing" in today's world? Lol. They clearly see it as a threat to Ultimate's competitive scene(And inversely their DLC profits).

Or is this just a case-by-case basis thing?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For the first time in my life we're under a fire weather warning. holy hell just rain already there's dead grass everywhere

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So apparently Nintendo's going after people using Slippi with Melee on Twitch now?

Well, between this and the old "No Melee at EVO" stunt they pulled ages ago, are people still willing to think Nintendo is okay with Melee still being "A thing" in today's world? Lol. They clearly see it as a threat to Ultimate's competitive scene(And inversely their DLC profits).

I'm betting case by case, because there's really no benefit to taling down Melee, yet there's no benefit for keeping Melee up. Plus, they did sponsor Melee events multiple times.

At the same time it's probably going after people using emulators and online stuff, you know, like Mario 64 online. Though it is odd that they didn't just go after Slippi itself.

D

Deleted member

Uggh, I hate when I make a slight mistake, and it sticks on my brain like a sore thumb.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm betting case by case, because there's really no benefit to taling down Melee, yet there's no benefit for keeping Melee up. Plus, they did sponsor Melee events multiple times.

At the same time it's probably going after people using emulators and online stuff, you know, like Mario 64 online. Though it is odd that they didn't just go after Slippi itself.
In the case of Slippi, it's probably the same reason they can't go after emulators or patchers: If it's all done through someone's own code, there's nothing to claim infringement of copyright on. However, they can go after the streams themselves because it's got footage of Melee in it, which is their material. It gives them a reason, so to speak.

I wish Nintendo chilled out with this stuff and took a bit more of a Capcom and Sega approach with these things, but it is what it is.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I don’t know what a Slippi is and I feel like I should.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Still feel sceptical about Paul W. Anderson's version of Monster Hunter film as I don't really think they need the US military within the film as they could've just focused on Tony Jaa's character instead.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be fair, Mario doesn't need a Sonic Mania to have a recent game barely complained about.

Though fans do need to rely on others for another Melee-esque Smash, more F-Zero...

MooMew64

To be fair, Mario doesn't need a Sonic Mania to have a recent game barely complained about.

Though fans do need to rely on others for another Melee-esque Smash, more F-Zero...
TBH it isn't just Sonic, they're pretty cool about most of their IPs receiving fan works. Nintendo is...Confusing, to say the least. They don't really care about people doing whatever they want to 2D Mario but 3D is off limits, for some reason. They're very weird and inconsistent with what they allow to exist.

D

Deleted member

What's with almost every video game film and sticking the US military in it.
Its propaganda, and indoctrination.
They do this with Twitch too. They're trying to get more impressionable young people to join the U.S. military so they can secure their oil fields and commit brutal war crimes.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I had some Amazon gift cards so I bought both parts of Darling in the Franxx on Blu Ray since the price was lowered recently. Still think the show became a ****ing mess in the last five episodes, but it was a beautiful mess, and it probably knocks Death Note out of my top five. Started reading the manga for it too because I'm still broken since I heard it deviates heavily from the anime after a certain point, so I'm excited to see if they managed to do a few things better.

Think I'll watch either Konosuba or Laid Back Camp for my next anime, although I'm leaning more towards the latter since the second season is arriving soon.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once a year I tend to buy movies, books or games off of Amazon under 50 bucks.

Given the current state our world is in right now, I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to purchase anything this year to prevent further spread of the virus...

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Its propaganda, and indoctrination.
They do this with Twitch too. They're trying to get more impressionable young people to join the U.S. military so they can secure their oil fields and commit brutal war crimes.
I'm not getting into this right now, but yeah, I agree
I can't wait for Mario to get drafted in Illumination's new film.
At the end of the movie, Mario turns to the camera and starts spouting why the Mushroom Kingdom's liberties are better than Bowser's Soviet agenda.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gwenom is the best alternate Venom by default

MooMew64

Man, the more I'm thinking about it, the more I honestly hate the way we learned about Great Ace Attorney's localization.

Cool info has come out of the leaks that have happened this year, but man...The way the info was obtained doesn't sit right with me. Much would've rather it come from official sources.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So who wants to bet given how this year has been that December will be Krampus coming for us all?

Move aside coronavirus, a new terror will be arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom