• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Waah! Teleportation! Yeah! Waah! Za-ba-doo-bap-bap!

Waah! Teleportation! Yeah! Waah! Shibby-doo-boo! Yeah!

In the end, who's on your side?
Who can you trust, in the middle of the night?
Where will you be, if you can't find you?
There's no place to go, nothing to do
If you gotta do something, gotta do something
Believe in yourself - yourself - yourself - hey

Extraordinary things can happen if you believe in yourself
You've got to have some faith in yourself
If you want respect from your friends

Don't re-arrange, no need to change
Stay like you are, keep it all the same
But as you move along in your life
Keep an open mind and don't forget
That if ya gotta do something, gotta do something

When you feel tight, look at yourself!
Inside your heart you will find a special place to unwind
When you feel right, look at yourself
Inside your mind you will see
Cosmic eternity

Cosmic eternity

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Cosmic eternity

Cosmic eternity

If you're strong, you can fly,
you can reach the other side of the rainbow.
It's alright, take a chance,
'Cause there is no circumstance that you can't handle,
When you use your mind!

Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom!
(Trouble keeps you running faster.)
(Save the planet from disaster.)
(Speeding through the world in motion.)

The time is now, you can't hide,
Find the power deep inside!
Make it happen.
Make it happen!

Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom!!!!!!!!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I feel people who complain about the new Mario Golf are getting hung up on aesthetics.

Gameplay-wise, this is easily one of the best Mario Sports games IMO. So many interesting spins on the basic formula! XC Golf especially is insane.

D

Deleted member

I feel people who complain about the new Mario Golf are getting hung up on aesthetics.

Gameplay-wise, this is easily one of the best Mario Sports games IMO. So many interesting spins on the basic formula! XC Golf especially is insane.
ngl, the idea of boss battles in a golf game of all things is so insane, it’s something only Nintendo would do.

MooMew64

ngl, the idea of boss battles in a golf game of all things is so insane, it’s something only Nintendo would do.
Haven’t gotten to them yet but that sounds super fun.

Free updates will probably improve opinion over time. All in all though, this definitely isn’t in the same rough spot tennis was at launch: This is very promising for the future of Mario Sports titles.

MooMew64

Cosmic eternity

Cosmic eternity
If you're strong, you can fly,
you can reach the other side of the rainbow.
It's alright, take a chance,
'Cause there is no circumstance that you can't handle,
When you use your mind!

The time is now, you can't hide,
Find the power deep inside!
Make it happen.
Make it happen!

Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom!!!!!!!!
You two are now my favorite users on the thread.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man want to know what would be great for me?

Being able to spend a night and actually be productive on stuff instead of freaking out about news or relationships or what the next video I like gets taken down by YouTube.

Internet would be fully **** if it wasn't for Smashboards/Discord/Google Drive/Wikipedia/Crunchyroll for me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Being able to spend a night and actually be productive on stuff instead of freaking out about news or relationships or what the next video I like gets taken down by YouTube.

Internet would be fully **** if it wasn't for Smashboards/Discord/Google Drive/Wikipedia/Crunchyroll for me.
Why don’t we do that together soon?

D

Deleted member

tbh, same.

I want to work on drawing and character designs and deck building, but then I watch a single youtube video and then next thing I know it’s already 1am in the morning :104:

Dutch Raikuna

Why don’t we do that together soon?
Already posted stuff on your server dude and it's like 2am. I'll be up another hour so I'll do some looking over.

Need to go and get a lot of snacks in the morning then to lock myself away til Tuesday cause of the 12th holiday.

tbh, same.

I want to work on drawing and character designs and deck building, but then I watch a single youtube video and then next thing I know it’s already 1am in the morning :104:
Yeah, I want to write but then I jump on YouTube and see a video taken down and then I freak out for the night, which seems to be daily right now.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Huh, Nintendo privated the Switch Lite reveal trailer for some reason. You can copy and paste this into internet archive if you don't believe me.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. It’s time. The moment you’ve all been waiting for! I’ve put a lot of thought into it. And here it is. My top 10 characters I THINK have the highest chances of being the final character in Ultimate!

Son Goku
Starting off at #10, it’s Goku. Weather you love the idea or hate the idea, you can’t deny that this being the final fighter would WRECK the community and loads of people would be hyped. Not to mention the amount of “rules” Ultimate has already broken. But, all of that still only gets him to #10 as I could very easily see that being the one rule he keeps in tact.
An Assist Trophy
Basically all the same reasons as Goku. There are a lot of big community requests that are currently locked in assist trophy jail. Min Min leads me to believe it’s not super likely, but again, you never know. The only thing that puts this possibility ahead of Goku is that these are all game characters.
A Pokémon
I don’t know which. I really don’t. It could be a gen 8 mon, a gen 4 mon, a Pokémon prominently featured in Legends Arceus, I just can’t decide. And while I dislike the idea immensely, you can’t deny that Pokémon is a big draw for Nintendo and adding it as DLC makes all the sense in the world.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa is one of the few characters left that basically everyone thinks of when debating Smash inclusions, and with how chummy Nintendo and Koi Tecmo have been lately, I could easily see it happening. However, there’s nothing else really going for him besides the fact that it’s just an idea basically everyone has had. So he gets number seven
Paper Mario
Despite the controversial nature of the series in it’s current state (heck, even weather or not it’s controversial is controversial), all it takes is a look at Nintendo’s list of ongoing and regularly occurring franchises to see that Paper Mario is one of the only ones left not in Smash. The one thing I can see against it is Sakurai himself butting heads with Nintendo. If he feels strongly about drawing from the first two games primarily, rather then the modern trilogy, then I could see the idea clashing with the same Mario IP Protection Team holding back the main series. He just might not want to bother with it, ya know? Remember what he said about Pac-Man?
An Advance Wars character
The obvious choice is Andy but there’s a chance a different character might have shown popularity in the ballot, and if this pass has shown us anything it’s that he is not required to go with the “main protagonist/mascot character”. And with Re-Boot Camp coming out, there’s a chance someone at Nintendo might have been like “hey, we’re doing an Advance Wars remake, put a character from one of the first two games in Smash”. Easiest thing in the world.
The Breath of the Wild Champions
Another really obvious idea is doing the Champions Pokémon Trainer style. And since the existence of a Breath of the Wild sequel was publically known during the selection process, It’s easy to see that the decision could have been made to include them. The only real detriment is the work load required to essentially do four characters for the last slot in the game. It could also easily be one champion, but I feel like the whole gimmick of them is sort of lost if you only have one. Plus, this would be a nice way to kind of give us the “Masked Link” we’ve all kind of wanted.
Master Chief
Again, this is just a common idea in the community, and we are running out of very impactful picks at this point in the game. Not to mention the projectile glitch which could easily point to the Needler and it’s physics. I can’t put him higher though because Microsoft already included Steve vomits and I don’t think third party companies will double dip.
The Mario Rabbids
The announcement of Sparks of Hope clinched it for me. This just feels like an opportune time to include them, especially since they feel like something that should have been in the base game to reflect the switch’s lineup at the time. I know lots of people (including myself) want Rayman instead, but Ubisoft clearly doesn’t care about him anymore so, we’re going with Rabbids
Before we get to Number One here are some honorable mentions! Dr. Eggman is an obvious choice as well but he doesn’t breach the top 10 because like… we already got Sephiroth this pass and for some reason that just makes him feel less likely. IDK why. Sol Badguy is kind of likely but we just got Kazuya and it doesn’t really feel like they’ed do two fighting games in a row. That honor is reserved for RPGs. Weirdly, I could see Nintendo asking for a character specifically themed to one of the Mario Sports games, maybe he’ed even go with one of the characters from the GBA titles we all love. League of Legends is another franchise that keeps popping up on my radar for some reason and I could also see that franchise getting a character. Quote from Cave Story is also likely as the original Mega-Popular Indie character and the only one left not stuck as a Mii Costume or in Assist Trophy Jail, so it could happen. I also could easily see Sakurai introducing a brand new character as the final character which he then goes on to craft an entire game around after Ultimate is over. A sort of self promoting sneak peak. Lots of people have suggested Balloon Fighter as a character to honor Iwata, but IDK, I kind of feel like that’s something he’d do in the base game or as like… a super secret surprise bonus fighter (which is almost assuredly not happening). And finally, Geno. I can’t not mention him. It’s almost like a nervous tick at this point. Please send help. Or a Super Mario RPG Remake.
Crash Bandicoot
Anyone who knows me probably saw this coming. And while there may be a hefty chunk of personal bias involved in this pick, it does line up super well. Crash’s 25th anniversary is in September. He just got a new game. Activision is pushing him super hard. They’ve worked with Nintendo before (putting DK and Bowser into Skylanders), and he likely did really well in the ballot. But I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Those are my thoughts. What are yours? Comment below, like comment subscribe, and you stay frosty interwebs!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Huh, Nintendo privated the Switch Lite reveal trailer for some reason. You can copy and paste this into internet archive if you don't believe me.
Don't need to advertise it anymore, and more than likely so the audience doesn't get confused

Dutch Raikuna

And I go on YouTube..............**** Sony.

Between the PlayStation crap they are pulling, their almost feral aggression to take down everything that has even a slightest hint of their movies or music (and blocking them, purging the anime music community in the process), trying to buy up the entire anime industry and the unreliability of their phones........really **** them down to hell.

I really hate the company now.

Mario Rabbids or Advance Wars is my guess. Someone a bit more subdued.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And I go on YouTube..............**** Sony.

Between the PlayStation crap they are pulling, their almost feral aggression to take down everything that has even a slightest hint of their movies or music (and blocking them, purging the anime music community in the process), trying to buy up the entire anime industry and the unreliability of their phones........really **** them down to hell.

I really hate the company now.

Mario Rabbids or Advance Wars is my guess. Someone a bit more subdued.
Sony is going to screw up the anime industry so bad.
The only silver lining is that they finally put down all the Macross/Robotech controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom