• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for that Tom & Jerry movie assuming this is the same the director as the 2005 Fantastic Four, but I appreciate the love they appear to be giving to the source material.

This feels like Tom & Jerry, unlike their initial full-length theatrical ouying

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I personally did not mind the first movie. It may have been bad, but I loved the songs, personally.
With a few plot adjustments the movie wouldn’t have been too bad on its own, but it’s NOT Tom and Jerry. Also I did kinda like the songs back then too but I can’t listen to them again without cringing.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With a few plot adjustments the movie wouldn’t have been too bad on its own, but it’s NOT Tom and Jerry. Also I did kinda like the songs back then too but I can’t listen to them again without cringing.
I didn't think of it not being Tom and Jerry when I was a kid, but yeah, where was the stuff the cartoons were known for, like the slapstick? Come to think of it, I think helping a girl find her father is not something Tom and Jerry would do. I did not mind the talking, but that may have taken away what Tom and Jerry really was some.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for that Tom & Jerry movie assuming this is the same the director as the 2005 Fantastic Four, but I appreciate the love they appear to be giving to the source material
I’m not expecting it to be the next Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but as long as it captures the spirit of the series, then this movie would be a success in my book.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I didn't think of it not being Tom and Jerry when I was a kid, but yeah, where was the stuff the cartoons were known for, like the slapstick? Come to think of it, I think helping a girl find her father is not something Tom and Jerry would do. I did not mind the talking, but that may have taken away what Tom and Jerry really was some.
Like if they put in a different set of characters in Tom and Jerry’s place as well as a few plot adjustments, I think the film would’ve been passable on its own, maybe a bit forgettable but it’d be fine nonetheless. It’s like the reverse of when they kept forcing Tom and Jerry into stories that they didn’t belong in like Wizard of Oz or Willy Wonka except this is supposed to be their movie and they got hijacked by a different film entirely.

This new film does seem like a story that’d be right up their alley.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I will say I appreciate that every animal in the film seems to be animated and it's not just Tom and Jerry. Makes them fit into the world a bit better

Otherwise it'd probably be as a jarring as the Garfield movie wher Garf is the only one CGIed and others like Odie were just straight up real animals, and it just didn't mesh well at all.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Not getting any vibes from the trailer that it could be offensively bad and I appreciate the decision to keep every animal animated, so I think I'll keep an eye on this one.

Looks pretty fun.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, here's my ideal cheeseburger:

-Toasted brioche bun.
-Angus beef cooked medium well (only a little bit of pink). Quarter pound in size.
-Sharp cheddar cheese, melted and covering the entire patty
-Fresh lettuce
-Fresh tomato
-Grilled onions
-A single pickle in the center
-A small drop of mayo
-A small drop of mustard
-Place a toothpick through the center so it all stays together.
-Serve with a side of french fries with ketchup

Mmmm, delicious

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

-Toasted brioche bun.
-Angus beef cooked medium well (only a little bit of pink). Quarter pound in size.
-Fresh lettuce
-Fresh tomato
-Grilled onions
-A small drop of mayo
-A small drop of mustard

Mmmm, delicious
Stop. I just ate.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

-Toasted brioche bun.
-Fresh lettuce
-Fresh tomato
-Grilled onions
-A small drop of mayo
-A small drop of mustard

Mmmm, delicious
A single pickle in the center
You had me until this part.

I won't touch a burger if there's a pickle on it. Just can't do it lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You had me until this part.

I won't touch a burger if there's a pickle on it. Just can't do it lol.
I don't get pickle fans, if you like pickles so much, why not cover the entire circumference of the burger with them? Just putting a small little circle of sour vegetable on the thing isn't going to raise the quality that much.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
looks like Gears 5 is now the best game on XSeX by default

D

Deleted member

I'm trying to figure out a good recording setup and for some reason my computer's audio, in general, is ****ed. Like, it's not like corrupted or anything, just everything has a very noticeable and annoying echo on every single thing: I even tried playing some footage on my school chromebook just to see if it was the monitor or smh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My main concern with the new Tom & Jerry film is that the original shorts were 7 minutes long so it’d be easy for the slapstick to get repetitive if they’re not careful. I will say though that big city luxury hotel settling is perfect since it’ll allow for a lot of potential chaos and expensive collateral damage so hopefully they take full advantage of that. You think the Ghostbusters could wreck a hotel? You haven’t seen anything yet.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I put at least three on my burger, and I never found pickles sour
Ummm...pickles are supposed to be sour.

They are soaked in vinegar, being very acidic would naturally give it a sour taste.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm not too picky about Burgers as long as it has some cheese on it (will take off any pickles/tomatoes). That said I am one of those weirdos that likes to put french fries on top of their burgers.

Also Royal Burgers are pretty good as well. The egg yolk works surprisingly well.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm not too picky about Burgers as long as it has some cheese on it (will take off any pickles/tomatoes). That said I am one of those weirdos that likes to put french fries on top of their burgers.

Also Royal Burgers are pretty good as well. The egg yolk works surprisingly well.
Fried eggs on burgers are a pleasure not enough people have experienced.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Raw tomatoes are one of my favorite burger toppings. The crispness and freshness off-sets the beef and cheese well.

Plus, they're healthy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom