• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It looks good in places. Bad in others. And depending on which bit of content you experience more often, your opinion of it will change.

Look at DK or Banjo in their victory screens and tell me they look alright.

And that’s why I don’t believe the rumors one bit.
I’ve personally seen Banjo’s victory screens over a hundred times and I think he looks just fine :drshrug:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Eh, who cares about graphics. It's a fighting game.
Normally I’m the last person to care about graphics. But ultimate is basically perfect in every other area so it sticks out to me.
I’ve personally seen Banjo’s victory screens over a hundred times and I think he looks just fine :drshrug:
But the fur! It’s a single blocky shape and yet has shading on it to make it looks like it’s individual strands of hair! It looks dreadful! Imo they should have tried to stay far away from realistic textures.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Normally I’m the last person to care about graphics. But ultimate is basically perfect in every other area so it sticks out to me.

But the fur! It’s a single blocky shape and yet has shading on it to make it looks like it’s individual strands of hair! It looks dreadful! Imo they should have tried to stay far away from realistic textures.
Ehhhhhhhh

opinions :239:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The whole "textured on fur/hair" technique is pretty common. Especially in a game like Smash, where the characters are a wee bit small on the screen, you usually won't be seeing that detail up close. And even up close, it looks good in my opinion. The textures are detailed enough and serve their purpose well.

D

Deleted member

I’ve had my pfp as Brook for way too long at this point. Time for a change again.

D

Deleted member

I don’t know how I’m gonna handle E3 now that I know I’m working a full shift on Tuesday. I don’t want to go entirely off the radar for an entire day, but I also want to genuinely react to the reveals at E3. Maybe I’ll just watch it during my break? idk.

Noipoi

Howdy!
IMO I adore Ultimate's aesthetic over Smash 4's simply because it's soooo much easier on the eyes.

Like, my word, Smash 4 just dialed the saturation up to 11: It was too vibrant, IMHO.
Brawl was too muddy and “realistic”

Smash 4 was too poppy with its colors.

Ultimate is just right.

But none of them are as good as smash 64

DORITO KONG BAYBEEEE

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
jinkies...probably
No Scooby Doo in that universe? Why even make it a spin off at that point? Why not just make it an original series with an original character inspired by Velma or whatever?

I don't get it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Brawl was too muddy and “realistic”

Smash 4 was too poppy with its colors.

Ultimate is just right.

But none of them are as good as smash 64

DORITO KONG BAYBEEEE
I looooooooove low-poly models. Legit, they are my aesthetic, man.

I wish we had 64 skins for everyone in Ultimate. Like, I would legit buy a costume pack like that. IMAGINE HOW CUTE LOW-POLY INKLING WOULD BE.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Because existing IPs sell.

Why risk time and money on an original character when you can just bank off nostalgia?
If we're being totally honest, they're probably doing this to see if other Scooby Doo characters can get a spin off assuming that Velma is successful, which I'll be all for.

However, I don't think anyone has ever asked for a Daphne spin off, so eh...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If we're being totally honest, they're probably doing this to see if other Scooby Doo characters can get a spin off assuming that Velma is successful, which I'll be all for.

However, I don't think anyone has ever asked for a Daphne spin off, so eh...
Didn’t they do a Velma & Daphne spin-off already?

Baka and Test.
Look here you little...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If there are any Scooby-Doo characters I wouldn't mind seeing a spin off focus on them without the other cast appearing it would be The Hex Girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom