• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
and made sure nobody noticed me being gone the entire time...except Noipoi somehow

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
good to know I managed to be unnoticed by anyone and missed out on absolutely nothing at all
as if nothing happens ever...except for getting to see a black woman getting to succeed
227AAE5D-9FD1-47C0-A534-0EEA6277BBF1.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Usually I forget what I've posted and freak out, like oh **** what did I say to warrant so many notifications.
That was basically my reaction too.

I never been this scared - for a brief moment of time anyway - at seeing a number before.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
You wanna know a fantastic game that deserves more love and attention?

SPORE.

It’s just an absolute darling; just you, your imagination, and an entire galaxy of infinite possibilities. I’ve been in love with the game since middle school, and I’m still going back to it every so often to just fiddle around with everything. Don’t even get me started on the modding scene!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You wanna know a fantastic game that deserves more love and attention?

SPORE.

It’s just an absolute darling; just you, your imagination, and an entire galaxy of infinite possibilities. I’ve been in love with the game since middle school, and I’m still going back to it every so often to just fiddle around with everything. Don’t even get me started on the modding scene!
Same, anyone remember the famous Aquatic Stage that got cut?

D

Deleted member

The painful life of a Metroidvania fan in a nutshell, hoping for a gleam at every new Direct.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well two days exactly have passed since my dog died.

Now keeping his things, been going out for walks, gonna order a few plushies (have to get a new debit card first) and the fact that my dark humour is coming back is probably a bit of a sign that I'm recovering a bit mentally. Said to my friends that I was pissed that he died before my bio-parents like some twisted joke.

And to make things a bit strange......my brother thinks he has rabies and that's what killed the dog............even though the only things that could have the virus in Ireland is one bat species on the other side of the island. Not to mention that it was most likely a seizure from him drinking mop/paint water that killed him.

The sort of good news of all is that my dad might allow me to keep a new pet (maybe....a dog) on one condition: I keep a plant alive for about two months or before the next time me and him go to England (probably in July/August). He's very against having one in the house with the dog's passing because of cost but I'm willing to go to the bone for it.

Gonna cycle to another town today anyways. So still reducing my presence for a while.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well two days exactly have passed his my dog died.

Now keeping his things, been going out for walks, gonna order a few plushies (have to get a new debit card first) and the fact that my dark humour is coming back is probably a bit of a sign that I'm recovering a bit mentally. Said to my friends that I was pissed that he died before my bio-parents like some twisted joke.

And to make things a bit strange......my brother thinks he has rabies and that's what killed the dog............even though the only things that could have the virus in Ireland is one bat species on the other side of Ireland. Not to mention that it was most likely a seizure from him drinking mop/paint water that killed him.

The sort of good news of all is that my dad might allow me to keep a new pet (maybe....a dog) on one condition: I keep a plant alive for about two months or before the next time me and him go to England (probably in July/August). He's very against having one in the house with the dog's passing because of cost but I'm willing to go to the bone for it.

Gonna cycle to another town today anyways. So still reducing my presence for a while.
My condolences.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So how long did it take you to beat Sans when you played Undertale?

It took me either zero seconds or forever, depending on how you look at it, because I am never playing Genocide route. (Is discussing the different ways to play the game still a spoiler? I know some people consider that to be serious business)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Decided to give the 2017 version of the Power Rangers movie a watch and here is my review:

When the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" first came on to television screens, I was always awed by the fighting, the entertainment as well as the Megazords which is pretty much the reason why I adored the franchise back from my childhood. Fast forward to 2017 where Saban attempted to reboot the popular tv show with a movie directed by Dean Israelite. Based on the show it featured the likes of the original five "teenagers with attitude" comprised of Jason, Trini, Zack, Kimberly and Billy portrayed by Dacre Montgomery, Becky G, Ludi Lin, Naomi Scott and RJ Cyler who had been chosen to become the Power Rangers in order to defeat Zordon's nemesis Rita Repulsa played by Elizabeth Banks from destroying Angel Grove and the world.

Whilst the scene with the fire camp where they discuss their differences was probably the only highlight I can pick out of the entire film, the rest felt rather flat in terms of its very slow paced plot which it took a very long time for them to morph in to their power suits and at the same time, it sacrificed an awful lot of action which is what Power Rangers is meant to be about and that came within the final 30 minutes of the film.

n addition to the lack of action, I wasn't feeling much of the fun and entertainment value in which it lacked in contrast to the television series, just wished the comedic bullies Bulk and Skull were there because they were one of the highlights which made Power Rangers special.

There were several plot holes and questionable writing that could have been better constructed and executed. For example, how did they know the actual location of Zordon's base and how did Kimberly know where Jason lived? These were never explained within the film. In addition, I felt that Zack, Trini as well as Rita Repulsa's characters lacked much development and they could have provided them with more back story to make them a lot more interesting.

Overall if you really want to enjoy the Power Rangers, I would suggest sticking to the television series instead.

My Rating: 4/10

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Woke up with my body being in even more blisters. And now I'm bandaged like a mummy man.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I decided to start farming BP for items in the shop. I really don't wanna Shiny hunt anymore, or at least for awhile.

My Battle Stadium Singles Team I'm using is Salazzle (Lead), Dragapult (All-Out Attacker) and Obstagoon (Guts Attacker).

D

Deleted member

gotta love it when the fastest way to beat a game is to play a completly different game. lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
gotta love it when the fastest way to beat a game is to play a completly different game. lol.
I don’t know... I think speedrunning is cool when they’re actually playing the game, just doing it quickly, but when they’re just glitching it and skipping parts of the game entirely... that feels a bit like cheating.

D

Deleted member

I don’t know... I think speedrunning is cool when they’re actually playing the game, just doing it quickly, but when they’re just glitching it and skipping parts of the game entirely... that feels a bit like cheating.
nah, that's just part of the fun.

Of course, you can still "cheat" in a speedrun(the most obvious example is changing the game's code to give you an advantage by just warping you to the end), but when the goal is to beat the game as fast as possible, you can't just play the game normally anyway. You have to find those small time optimizations, and hope you can find a big time save or skip. It's just par for the course.

Hell, most of the well known glitches and bugs like the backwards long jump (from Super Mario 64) have only been found BECAUSE of glitch hunters and speedrunners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's an indie showcase in about three hours.

Not really sure what to expect, but part of me hopes that there's news on Slap City's Switch port - I doubt we'll get that, but I believe the developers have said that they're working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom