• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So, Autism Awareness Day was a few days ago, something I had no idea existed. I have autism, and my whole life I've kinda just been assuming it's been holding me back. I always thought that's why I didn't have many friends, or why people kept getting mad at me when I didn't even know what I did wrong. The way I've been raised led me to think autism was a disability, and that I matter less because of it, (I don't think people with disabilities matter less, by the way. I just assumed I did. I'm sorta biased against myself, I guess.) but now that I've seen folks talk about it in a positive light, I'm a bit conflicted. I dunno, what do y'all think? Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question.
If I didn't think anything was different about you then normal, then you aren't being held back. Just keep on being you and you're good to go.

D

Deleted member

One thing I feel I should point out as well about autism, is that it’s still a huge spectrum.
There are people like me who don’t really need much extra care than a bit of medicine and an IEP and are self sufficient, but on the opposite end, you have people who are level 3 autistic(yeah that’s an actual medical term, TIL)and require 24/7 specialized care just to live another day.

Its not something you can just look at and immediately say, “yeah, he won’t do well with x and y.” it’s a case-by-case basis thing. one person with it won’t react the same way another does to, say, the sound of a train.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, Autism Awareness Day was a few days ago, something I had no idea existed. I have autism, and my whole life I've kinda just been assuming it's been holding me back. I always thought that's why I didn't have many friends, or why people kept getting mad at me when I didn't even know what I did wrong. The way I've been raised led me to think autism was a disability, and that I matter less because of it, (I don't think people with disabilities matter less, by the way. I just assumed I did. I'm sorta biased against myself, I guess.) but now that I've seen folks talk about it in a positive light, I'm a bit conflicted. I dunno, what do y'all think? Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question.
Fellow autistic person here.

Autism is a disability, legally speaking. But there's nothing wrong with that. We just struggle in ways that other people might not always understand.

I'm having a really hard time putting my thoughts into words here. But being autistic is just a part of who you are and it's never healthy to berate yourself for things that are out of your control. That's the importance of acceptance. We want the world to accept people with mental disorders and allow us to express our needs and differences without ridicule. And we want a world where we can accept ourselves for who we are. It doesn't mean that you should ever stop seeking self-improvement (no one should) but rather that you shouldn't be ashamed to come to terms with who you are.

I guess what I'm saying is that autism will never be something that doesn't cause you hardship. It's just that those hardships don't mean there's something wrong with you, that you're worse then anyone else or that you need to be pittied or "fixed".

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Having such a thing doesn't make you less of a person. It's part of what makes you; you. I had friends with autism growing up but I never really knew what it was until my health class in middle school or high school. Either way, it doesn't make you less of a person. It's a fact of life and part of your story/history, and I would encourage you to not beat yourself down or think of yourself in a harsher light. I think you're chill, because you're a nice, chill person.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just wanting to continue this talk about autism as honestly I like opening up about this kinda of thing.

I love the fact that having it gives my own little interesting quirks a bit more of an exaggeration for the better like how I always need my posters within exact equal distance of each other or how I line up my Switch games in order in which I bought them.
Or how I always make sure to have a drink beside me all the time even if I'm not thirsty or that I always carry a notebook with me whenever I go outside no matter where.

Small stuff like that and how I adore it is part of the fun quirks of being autistic.

There are downsides such as my very limited diet, the fact that I'm super sensitive to sound (especially when people are singing) and how stuff like a video taken down off YouTube can work me up for a whole night.

However if there is one thing I hate so much about people who view those with autism its people who:

1. Treat us like we're five years old. I've had my extended family done that to me as recently as a few years ago. I've autism, not severely mentally handicapped.

2. Who believe in a one size fits all method for autism. Just because my cousin has had therapy for it doesn't mean it will work on me the same way. I would love to throw myself in the deep end of things but that would just get me overwhelmed. I need to be eased in on some things.

Just a small add-on to this.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Virginator

Okay yeah I'm gonna have to confiscate that.

You see, Perry the Platypus. In high school, nobody liked me. Least of all the girls. In fact, every girl in my school would spray me with bear repellent if I got within three feet of them. Even to ask to borrow a pencil! It didn’t help that my brother was getting tons of action! I remained a virgin until well after college...

And while i’m obviously not a virgin anymore, the shadow of my shame still follows me. And so I have invented THE VIRGINATOR! With this inator, the entire Tri-State area will be virgins once more! And everyone will feel my pain!

D

Deleted member

I just randomly got recommended this and holy hell
how does this not have over 2k views

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just thought of this but shouldnt she look a little older?
She's in the same age group as Sakura and Karin right, yet those two look older in SF5 while she looks the same.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So anyway, I will regret this.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet is a crime that shall never be forgiven! En guarde!
I think my next Shiny egg hunt will be Magnemite.
View attachment 310266
It isn't too different, but I like it a lot.
Good luck my friend.

Oh also, I started my PMD Explorers of Sky Randomizer. To sum it up, Me, a Magby, and my partner, a Darkrai, team up to beat the crap out of Castform and Altaria of Team Skull. We then join Charmander's Guild, meeting Crawdaunt the Mentor, Beautifly the fellow newbie, and Dratini the Alarm Clock. Following this, we have to grab Dratini's Pearl and spend a week dying to Gabite, before eventually defeating it and getting the pearl back. We then meet the brothers Pineco and Slaking by the Geodude Shop and discover Omanyte is an outlaw. That's where I left off.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Three Bowser's Fury spirts coming to Smash

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Three Bowser's Fury spirts coming to Smash
But why

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
HUGE UPDATE ON SWITCH PRO RUMORS:

The Switch Dock has an added capability to receive firmware updates now, which it has never had before.

What's more...

Yeah so, basically, E3 is gonna be a time. Get hyped. :239:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
there needs to be just a huge spirit event that grants us a spirit for every mii costume that does not have a corresponding spirit. And the ones that do have a higher frequency of appearing

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me: I should do a lot of story writing tonight!

Then spends two hours reading Roman history. And honestly as someone who has visited the eternal city itself reading it has made me want to go back again......this time by myself and not with pushy family members.

Still remember the time I decided not to go with them to a theme park cause I was so engrossed in reading Steins Gate on the Vita. Just sitting on the stairs in the Villa with the Vita and nature around me.

I miss stuff like that so much and I love talking about stuff like that. Just the small things in life.

Nintendo sure loves Switch online battle royales
Yeah but wanna know what would be better?

Game Boy/N64/GameCube online games.

WE SLAM GIANT FOOTBALL FIELD INTO IT!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Being Autistic Rules
I at least stan the Paper version of Peach

well the one from the first three.

But yeah Daisy’s the absolute best.

And I need to write some more of my Paper Mario story so I can write her more.
View attachment 310261
I'd kill for a Daisy video game in the style of Bayonetta...idk why I want that so badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom