• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And yet you cannot see why it’s earned it’s status as the greatest animated series of all time.

Unfortunate.
If you say so. It definitely has it's moments. But it's so.... anime. I certainly didn't know that's what it was trying to emulate as a kid, but it definitely has all of the trappings that turn me away from anime.

And even then... is it really that great? Like... i've seen all of the dissection pieces and articles and it just doesn't seam that stand out to me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If you say so. It definitely has it's moments. But it's so.... anime. I certainly didn't know that's what it was trying to emulate as a kid, but it definitely has all of the trappings that turn me away from anime.
It really isn’t. It’s got an anime style sure, but it’s not full of nothing but anime tropes or anything.

I think you’re just internally biased against anything that looks remotely anime.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The discussion earlier got me watching the Death Battle episodes I missed. My opinions found below.

OK. Not much more to say about that other then okay. Though as someone with my history with the Star Wars franchise, it did at least put a smile to my face.
Glad to see that DragonBall is still OP and broken. Plus Hulk is 0 for 2 in his Death Battle Career which feels consistent at least. What this potentially says about a hypothetical "Goku vs. Superman 4" worries me. But then again, Superman has also had a couple of years to get more ridiculously OP.
You know they really don't do THAT much anime. Though it still feels... a little done. Didn't they have this rock lee guy fight all might? wait... no, that was Mike Guy or whatever his name is. So kick guy with no superpowers vs. punch guy with no superpowers. I don't see the appeal of this match. Fight wasn't even that interesting. And yet, because this was an anime fight, I bet there are endless people ******** about it online. Meh. Just, Meh.
Wow that intro line was so half-assed. And man.... this whole fight was just kind of pointless. It's just Batman vs. Spider-Man with ****. Though the connection with cop fathers was neat. Pretty good 3D animation too. Kind of wish it was just a 3D remake of Batman vs. Spider-Man like they did with Samus Aran vs. Boba Fett.
just.... why? Shameless self-promotion for the win I guess. Never watched Red vs. Blue so I care even less about this then most of the anime fights.... is this cannon to Halo? I just don't get it. With fights like this popping up no wonder I fell off.
now THIS is one I was excited for! Too bad Darkstalkers still hasn't gotten any good 3D projects so they had to use this HORRIBLE Sabrewulf sprite.... Man a Killer Instinct x Darkstalkers game would rock. Fight was pertty cool, even if it was an ugly as sin sprite fight. Agree with the victor two, especially because it came down to WHO they were fundamentally rather then just "x level power scaling planet buster bwahaha!"
At first I thought this chick was from the same thing the girl that killed Carnage was from, but then I saw I was wrong so.... eh. I don't get the appeal of the fight. Maybe just because I don't watch anime. OK fight. Nothing amazing. I do like, again, how it wasn't just power levels that determined the winner. Those fights are always very satisfying.
Nice live action fight. Also, I love how people complain about DC characters being OP but they almost always loose to the Marvel characters they're placed against. Decent fight. Not much to say about it tbh.
Pre-Watching: Why the **** did they even DO this one? Post Watching: Why the **** did they even DO this one? I guess to pay the bills. But they could have at least PRETENDED that the corporate sponsor didn't demand the winner.
Despite not knowing anything about Archie Sonic, I feel like anyone could have guessed the winner here. Just... not that interesting a fight. Which is weird because it had the makings to be quite epic.... maybe this is why I dropped off?
I do not remember watching this one... but I also kind of do.... so I rewatched it. And again, pretty lame matchup. The fight wasn't even that cool to watch. No wonder this part of the show is when I dropped off.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And yet you cannot see why it’s earned it’s status as the greatest animated series of all time.

Unfortunate.
nah **** that...I'm insane enough to say that Avatar: The Last Airbender is the greatest show of all time
And even then... is it really that great?
no...it's ****ING GODLY

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It really isn’t. It’s got an anime style sure, but it’s not full of nothing but anime tropes or anything.

I think you’re just internally biased against anything that looks remotely anime.
Except I didn't like it as a child, long before I even knew cartoons could be made in Japan.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Something completely random:

Apparently the Tom and Jerry movie on HBO Max was glitching out and showing Zack Snyder's Justice League (no idea if it still is).

How does a blunder like this occur?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Except I didn't like it as a child, long before I even knew cartoons could be made in Japan.
Just had the mental image of people becoming physically incapable of animation when they go to Japan.

I understand what you mean. The way children think about the world can be fascinating but the implications of taking their worldview literally can be quite humorous.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No Noi, he shouldn't be going anywhere if he's sick.
The only place I’m goin’ is right into Taco Bell’s DMs. If nobody got me I know my homies at Taco Bell do
6826D466-7817-409A-A88E-4214D8E8133D.jpeg

Edit: Actually just realized their DMs are opened, so I thanked them personally

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Something completely random:

Apparently the Tom and Jerry movie on HBO Max was glitching out and showing Zack Snyder's Justice League (no idea if it still is).

How does a blunder like this occur?
accidents happen...I just wish they said **** it, so that the Snyder Cut would be out tomorrow at the least. They'd have a better chance in keeping the hype going for DC movies if they released it on a week without a massive MCU event...instead of next week where it releases literally a day before

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And even then... is it really that great? Like... i've seen all of the dissection pieces and articles and it just doesn't seam that stand out to me.
I could spend hours dissecting it but I get the feeling you won’t change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom