• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
That's not really a fair comparison to make. Heck, Final Fantasy isn't even a fair comparison to make to Pokemon: If you're playing the numbers game, Pokemon would beat FF 10-1 in terms of market and brand value. Pokemon would pretty much beat anything, TBH.

Not every game needs to sell 5+ million copies to have a following or recognition. Metroid games barely sell above 700k each installment and the whole industry holds it in high regard.
Only two game franchises beat Pokemon, Mario and Tetris. That's in terms of sales. In terms of market value, Pokemon absolutely dominates.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Speaking of facts you-knew-but-you-didn't-know about Ninty. Here are the other ones:
1. Sony and Nintendo were gonna make a SNES CD but Nintendo turned them down.
2. Nintendo was a playing card company back in 1889 when it was founded.
3. Goldeneye 007 has a multiplayer mode
4. Nintendo is the third largest gaming company behind Tencent and Sony
5. FREEMELEE
6. Gaming Historian already did this (A 9-year old sued Nintendo about outdated MLB player stats)
7. Nintendo has mobile games.
8. Nintendo profits off their games
9. Nintendo has live streams
10. Nintendo has pissed off the hacking community.
The well known nature of most of these facts makes this almost seem like a troll post but I'm obligated by nerd law to comment on this anyway.

The Super NES CD-ROM, better known as the Nintendo Playstation did actually have a formal agreement between Nintendo and Sony. Nintendo, however, saw themselves being ****ed over by the arrangement as Sony would have a stranglehold over the licensing of software as Sony would have control of the Super Disc format. Additionally, Sony would be the sole licensor of other media such as music and movies using the format. To top it off, things were already kind of rocky between the two companies as Sony owned the audio chip the SNES Nintendo used and charged developers an expensive fee for it. As David Sheff put it, Nintendo secretly went round to negotiate with Philips to produce a disc drive add on to, "(G)racefully **** Sony" and keep a hold on licensing software.

Unfortunately, rather than work out an arrangement that would stop Sony from absorbing Nintendo's console efforts into the Sony Playstation brand, they pissed Sony off into making their own Sony Playstation brand.

Also, just a bit on Nintendo's journey to where it is today, Nintendo still produces Hanafuda cards. They're usually themed around Nintendo IP now and might be promotional rewards but it's something they haven't lost sight of. They've also gone through several phases producing different things over the years. From printers designed to fall apart, to toys, taxis, love hotels and instant rice. Before Mario does an excellent job cataloguing Nintendo's products before it entered the video game fray.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

This man forgot about Minecraft fr?
Whoops, forgot that one. Doesn't beat Pokemon in terms of sales. I mean, it's the best selling game ever, but not the best selling game franchise or most profitable game franchise.

The well known nature of most of these facts makes this almost seem like a troll post but I'm obligated by nerd law to comment on this anyway.

The Super NES CD-ROM, better known as the Nintendo Playstation did actually have a formal agreement between Nintendo and Sony. Nintendo, however, saw themselves being *ed over by the arrangement as Sony would have a stranglehold over the licensing of software as Sony would have control of the Super Disc format. Additionally, Sony would be the sole licensor of other media such as music and movies using the format. To top it off, things were already kind of rocky between the two companies as Sony owned the audio chip the SNES Nintendo used and charged developers an expensive fee for it. As David Sheff put it, Nintendo secretly went round to negotiate with Philips to produce a disc drive add on to, "(G)racefully * Sony" and keep a hold on licensing software.

Unfortunately, rather than work out an arrangement that would stop Sony from absorbing Nintendo's console efforts into the Sony Playstation brand, they pissed Sony off into making their own Sony Playstation brand.

Also, just a bit on Nintendo's journey to where it is today, Nintendo still produces Hanafuda cards. They're usually themed around Nintendo IP now and might be promotional rewards but it's something they haven't lost sight of. They've also gone through several phases producing different things over the years. From printers designed to fall apart, to toys, taxis, love hotels and instant rice. Before Mario does an excellent job cataloguing Nintendo's products before it entered the video game fray.
It was a troll post, I was just reacting to well-known clickbait channel TheGamer's facts about Nintendo that the channel thought people didn't know. They are obviously widely known.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona 5 Strikers Update N Mai Lyfe
SWEET BUCKET OF BOLTS I'M LITERALLY FIGHTING TONY STARK WITH HIS HULK BUSTER SUIT THANK YOU PERSONA 5 STRIKERS FOR BECOMING GOTY FOR 2021 BY DEFAULT
and that RIVERS IN THE DESERT LOOP OF THE BEGINNING BEFORE LYN KICKS THE LYRICS INTO MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE AGAJAGAIABKAHSKSGSHDHFJHFJSHJAF

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Vegeta, what does a scouter say about his power level?

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!

What? Nine thousand?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pikachu is my favorite Pokémon, 2nd and 3rd are Celebi and Gengar.

I like just about all Pokémon, though; I have some that are hard to list in order after Gengar, because I still like them a lot, such as Jigglypuff, Meowth, Raichu, Pichu, Gastly, Haunter, and Charizard. There's also more from every generation, of course, like Cyndaquil, Zorua, Calyrex, Dracovish, Dustox, Misdreavus, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Giratina, Ditto, Mimikyu, Pumpkaboo, Goomy, etc. etc.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Vegeta, what does a scouter say about his power level?

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!

What? Nine thousand?
Kid I can't tell if you are trying really hard to troll or are half drunk on the keyboard cause you aren't making any sense here in what you are trying to do.

No offence............somewhat.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade I see that you liked that last post...and I can tell you'll love this one
I ****ing defeated Iron Man and then Samurai Konoe with Makoto...and each time thr finishing blow was the FIST OF JUSTICE!!!!!

I think this may have been the best boss fight in the game...for now

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Kid I can't tell if you are trying really hard to troll or are half drunk on the keyboard cause you aren't making any sense here in what you are trying to do.

No offence............somewhat.
I could definitely do without the random video game trivia that can be easily searched up on Google.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
but...but...I place your favorites high...maybe...idk...but you funded this tier list after I borrowed your credit card and the numbers on it

oh no shallow has nothing to do with this...it has to do with your power level being exceedingly higher than mine. You think I’m tryna get in a fight with an unstoppable force such as yourself?
please save me someone who would spare me
Considering I don't even LIKE avatar, this is definitely fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom