• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So, thus far (admittedly, I haven't played much of them yet) but I think they are my least favorite newcomer FROM A GAMEPLAY PERSPECTIVE SOLELY thus far. I like the fact they're here. I like the stage, I like the butt-ton of music they brought with them (Mor Ardain was my most wanted Xenoblade song in Smash) even without Xenoblade X content. I love that they brought some great new spirit fights, and the Arthur Mii was a most pleasant surprise (that I called - heck yeah!) but overall I feel their challenger pack was the weakest. Cloud Sea of Alrest is my least favorite DLC stage thus far - but that's not to say it's bad.

Who knows, I'll probably like them more the more I play them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Fish like your life depends on it. What I did was only fish for fish that he asked for in the Biome my base is in since they type of fish the kid wants is always random
I do them all. I already created Fishing Spots in my world. I've done this so many times. Getting the equipment from the kid is the worst part of the game.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I just now realized; picking up each piece of food in the Gourmet Race area in World of Light makes notes to the main theme. That is extremely charming (especially to a Kirby megafan like me!).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be perfectly fair, a fighter is not more or less likely based on how expected they are.
I can say with certainty that the only time I actually, 100% expected who was revealed was Hero. And even then I wasn't expecting the 4 alt versions. It's always someone you don't expect at all, which makes it impossible to predict really because the second you start expecting the unexpected it means now it's expected and it's not gonna be that.

It's all about the energy you put out into the universe. Nothing exists until you see it for the first time.

Shroob

Sup?
I can say with certainty that the only time I actually, 100% expected who was revealed was Hero. And even then I wasn't expecting the 4 alt versions. It's always someone you don't expect at all, which makes it impossible to predict really because the second you start expecting the unexpected it means now it's expected and it's not gonna be that.

It's all about the energy you put out into the universe. Nothing exists until you see it for the first time.
I mean, we knew Hero was coming.... Like, we didn't expect the 4 alts, but Verg leaked him in September and Yuusha was in the launch day code.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so far the songs aren't bad...not something I find amazing or anything...but it's quite alright

Shroob

Sup?
exactly. none of the rest were expected in any way!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell.......

Define "expected"

Because up until the last 2, (almost)every character leaked in one way or another.

:ultpiranha:: leaked, on several occasions actually
:ultjoker:: did not leak
:ulthero:: leaked, badly
:ultbanjokazooie:: leaked, a week in advance
:ult_terry:: Nintendo leaked this one themselves
:ultbyleth:: leaked, albeit, really close to presentation
:ultminmin: leaked, Imran knew who it was early, teased it
:ultsteve:: leaked like Byleth did
:ultsephiroth:: didn't leak(.....maybe..... jury's out on that)

:ultpyra:: didn't leak

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell.......

Define "expected"

Because up until the last 2, (almost)every character leaked in one way or another.

:ultpiranha:: leaked, on several occasions actually
:ultjoker:: did not leak
:ulthero:: leaked, badly
:ultbanjokazooie:: leaked, a week in advance
:ult_terry:: Nintendo leaked this one themselves
:ultbyleth:: leaked, albeit, really close to presentation
:ultminmin: leaked, Imran knew who it was early, teased it
:ultsteve:: leaked like Byleth did
:ultsephiroth:: didn't leak(.....maybe..... jury's out on that)

:ultpyra:: didn't leak
to be fair, every character is leaked. But it's impossible to tell which ones are for real or not before a character is revealed. Easy to tell in retrospect.

Shroob

Sup?
to be fair, every character is leaked. But it's impossible to tell which ones are for real or not before a character is revealed. Easy to tell in retrospect.
I mean, when either:

A datamine
An extremely credible leaker
Or Nintendo themselves

Do it, you can pretty much say those are as good as confirmed. I'm not saying something like "OH, so-and-so leaker said X is in!", I'm saying "Wow, Imran Khan literally spelled out MinMin via 6 paragraphs lol".

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay, I was being silly about the Min Min nerfs earlier, but real talk: I'm legit upset at these Wario nerfs.

There was literally no reason to do this: They basically destroyed one of the game's best characters for nothing. He's gonna plummet because of this.
I mean it's not for no reason. People have been begging nerfs to waft and waft confirms for a while, but these nerfs still seem a bit harsh.
AND THERE IT IS
Friendly reminder that you can tech aerial footstools in Ultimate.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait... so you get a Sir Arthur spirit if you have save data from the new Ghosts n Goblins game? Crud monkeys I have to buy a game to complete me spirit board!?! Please tell me there's a free demo and that works.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait... so you get a Sir Arthur spirit if you have save data from the new Ghosts n Goblins game? Crud monkeys I have to buy a game to complete me spirit board!?! Please tell me there's a free demo and that works.
You can wait. They'll be available to everyone in a few....months probably.

The little blurb even says they'll be available to everyone "At a later date".

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There isn't but they'll be added in normally at a later date like the Let's Go spirits were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom