• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Grand Festival Spriting Contest (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I was more or less kidding, but if nobody submits a sprite at 11:58 it's almost a free Premier Ball for anyone. :p
I mean... yeah, that's how it works. Just remember that your premier ball will be forever scathed as a trophy for being a complete amateur, and a lucky one at that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Almost done, I'm fairly pleased with how this is coming out considering it's my first scratch sprite
any guesses on what type im doing?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yes, a Normal-type Eeveelution would be fair game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Here is my entry

Eidoleon
[ahy-dol-ee-on]

Eidoleon is the ghost evolution of Eevee. It's quite sad, as Eidoleon isn't necessarily a alive being tied to the gravestone that was once meant for Eevee. Through death it has grown, though now dull and monotonous, it now has supernatural powers from beyond the grave.

Eidoleon - A play on the word Eidolon, which is a synonym for ghost. The word is then coupled with the familiar "eon" suffix found on all Eevee evolutions.

Behind the sprite - I wanted to showcase a couple other things about the sprite you can't see in it's form. I put some additional detail into the gravestone as I picture an animation for such pokemon would have it circling around the gravestone. You aren't missing out on anything with the section of the body you don't see, as Eidoleon has no legs and is sort of just a section of a slightly more enhanced Eevee (the form inspired by Leafeon) swimming through the air. The halo that sits a top it is similar to Shedinja's, though recolored and reshaped to fit this sprite. What I like about this is the gravestone, here is a picture of it without Eidoleon in the way:

While it makes sense to have the name at the top, I moved it to the bottom so you can see it easier in the sprite, while it still looks appropriate. The bottom four japanese characters spell out Eevee, showing that it was a grave for a deceased Eevee to which Eidoleon has tied itself to. The top characters are meant to be generic writing, nothing specific written out, except for the bottom-right 5 characters spell out CHIBO, sort of like a little easter egg I threw in there.

I haven't made a write-up about a sprite like this before, I only wanted to for this one since it required a lot more creativity and I wanted to explain my thoughts behind it being a new pokemon instead of just modifying past ones.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Furret was one of the inspirations for it yea

I was originally going to make the end fade off more ghost like, but I didn't want to get too detailed and end up messing it up.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Darn it, I guessed wrong! It's not like I had a 90% chance of failure or anything.

Jokes aside, I really like it, Chibo! I would totally cuddle it. If it wasn't a ghost.

M.K

Level 55
Jolteon's HG/SS sprite looks like it's melting XD.

God this is a hard prompt. It's hard to make a totally new sprite without making it like....similar to any of the others.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hey, hey Chibo.

That sprite is awesome.

Spire

III
BRoomer
lol, infract him for censor dodging? Also, below the CH is IB and below that is O.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Maaaaaaan.

I know people are trying to work on this (including me), but so little has been actually submitted.

Can we get like another 24 hours or something? The extra day would be REALLY nice.

Please? :3

I'll promise to not start a mass revolution in the next 30 days if you do! Isn't that totally worth the deal? :3

M.K

Level 55

Introducing: Luckeon! (Ghost-Type Evolution)

Okay, so, this is kinda a farfetched idea, but I ran with it for fun. I recently read Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Coleridge. In this poem, an old Mariner and his crew become entrapped by ice on an expedition to Antarctica. When all hope seems lost, an albatross comes along and becomes (essentially) the "good luck charm" for the boat. The ice clears and the ship sails away. However, the Mariner ends up killing the albatross for reasons unknown.
From this point on, the Mariner is cursed. The winds stop blowing his ship, he can't find anything to drink, and his entire crew drops dead. Far along in the distance, the Mariner sees a ship with two ladies on it: one is Death, and the other Life-In-Death. Life-In-Death is shouting "I won! I won!". This shows that the Mariner was not to die, but simply pay a gargantuan penance during his lifetime.

So, basically, the concept of Life-In-Death and the "chance" of getting it comes through in Luckeon. Maybe Luckeon was an Eevee who Life-In-Death chose to be ridiculed, or maybe Luckeon evolves from the torture/sufffering of an Eevee.

The red and blue are supposed to look like colors associated with things of chance or trick, like gambling, jesters, or clowns. Luckeon is like a sad, yet somewhat evil pantomime.

A Pokedex entry would be:
Luckeon wanders the streets of cities without ambition for much. Just as chance itself turns people away, many consider Luckeon to be an evil omen.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well it doesn't look like I'll be finishing this one.

I'll finish this eevee at another time then for ****s and giggles, I guess.

I liked the multi colored feet on MK's because my sprite was going to have Multi-colored feet lol

BTW I was doing ??? type. Oh well.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They didn't use Dragon yet.

lol old gen special types

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Well, I only just started to sprite things this week, but I guess I'll see how I do!

In retrospect, something like Normal would have been way easier imo, but ah well. In any case, it was cool spriting something from scratch for the first time.

Tacel

Smash Lord

Final submission.

EDIT: Okay. I literally JUST finished. I was watching the Dark Knight until like 11:20 so I had 40 minutes to make this. It's a steel typed Eevee. I planned on changing the ears and the stance but I ran out of time. It's bad, but it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom