• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Battlecow

Play to Win
****kkkk... Isai famous?

Who could it be?

Not Ken.

Bombsoldier/Captain Jack/someone else japanese? maybe someone super old school like recipherous or mattdeezy? Gideon the father of smashboards? Sakurai himself? Siddhartha Gautama? Michelle Obama?

I honestly can't make a guess. Hype tho. My $80 was well spent.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Not really lol

we got like less than half of the goal, and half of that was his parents/friends chipping in grands

Owell, smashers are poor

samox

Smash Journeyman
***PRODUCTION UPDATE***

Hello all,

Here's the video update!

This first of the bi-weekly updates will be made available to the general public to give you a glimpse of what we're doing right now.

HOWEVER - in accordance with our rewards system on Kickstarter and now on Paypal, these updates will thereafter be unlisted - the link emailed exclusively to those who have donated. We're doing this because we would otherwise be reneging on our promise to our donors (ain't really a "reward" if it's freely listed).

There's nothing stopping people from sharing said link with friends though. :)

In addition to the info provided in the video update, I'd like to add a few things:

* This stage of production is all about scheduling. We are making plans for our future excursions to places like NYC, Illinois, SoCal, NorCal, Virginia/MA, etc. Since
a lot of you guys are actually the same people we'd would love to hear talk about the game, it would be great to know where you live and if you're interested in being on camera. I've had pretty good success so far from reaching out like this so please do message me if the following applies to you:

1. Have been to a smashfest organized on Smash Boards.

2. Have travelled across states to play a small tournament.

3. Watched or played Isai, Ken, PC, M2K, Azen, KDJ or Mango in Melee.

Those 3 will get us started. :)

* We've had loads of people interested in doing V/O, composition for the score as well as graphic art for the series. At the moment, we've partnered with a cool group of guys from Berlin to do some of the graphic art - here's a random sample of their work.

* You can still donate to the series production to receive a free copy on DVD and the video updates! $25 gets you the whole series, $50 gets you the Exclusive DVD!

Any donation at all will get you the bi-weekly video updates.

Paypal: thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com

Thanks y'all! The project is going swimmingly so far.

MORE TO COME!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
So yea guys to follow up on the video announcement.

I talk to Captain Jack regularly ( everyday pretty much ) and he has stated he wants to come and do this documentary and help make this great. He has even stated he will get Mach Dash to come to Apex for all of our help for him.

Donate and please help as much as possible.

strawhats

Smash Master

I talk to Captain Jack regularly ( everyday pretty much ) and he has stated he wants to come and do this documentary and help make this great. He has even stated he will get Mach Dash to come to Apex for all of our help for him.

Holy **** CJ and Mach Dash at Apex...:awesome:

I'll be registering for Apex after RoM this weekend.

I was gonna donate to shiz but he seems to be set and ready for Apex already

so I should be able to help with the CJ thing after RoM as well

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

i just ****in squealed like a *****

strawhats

Smash Master
I squealed when i heard Captain Jack's name alone, then walked AFK giddily, when I saw Mach Dash. I wish Bombsoldier still played but this is just as good.

samox

Smash Journeyman
Great news to report!

You guys really responded and have come out in force for Captain Jack!

We've raised almost HALF of his ticket price in less than a week. Most of that is thanks to renowned pirate astronaut Tony Cheng, owner of the first robot zombie horde and 1st President of the Hall of Heroes (limit 1 president). Sir Tony Cheng has generously donated the proceeds from his latest robot zombie raid (where he personally killed twelve possessed Twilight fans and several Rachel Ray sex bots) to the cause - to the tune of $333.33. Scientists are still puzzling over the meaning of all those 3's.

A big thank you from all of us at EPP and Apex to Sir Tony Cheng III Esq. On behalf of Captain Jack: Good on you good sir!

In total we now have $448.33!

BTW: The second biggest donation ($50) came direct from little known random Chris Skiez... sgyzemel? sygzelsi? Eh. We'll just call him by the name his enemies whisper as he walks from their corpses - PC Chris.

MORE TO COME!

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
This is on top of the $150 tony already donated to the shiz fund.

****ing smash dedication is beautiful

TR you're a boss.

Armada

Smash Lord
Was many years sience I played against CJ.
Would have been awesome to see him again and her the entire story from him in the video

Yung Mei

Armada, you played against Captain Jack before? mind=blown

strawhats

Smash Master
Armada, you played against Captain Jack before? mind=blown
Pretty much. i remember watching old vids from the classic Epita tournament held in France back in '08 where a **** ton of Japanese players came to compete against the European players. Pretty sure I've seen Armada play against Masashi, and CJ (who also played Amsah and is Amsah's sheik inspiration if I'm not mistaken)

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah like Strawhats said it was back in 08.

He did beat me in WSF with 3-0 and the 2 first matches was really close and the third ****.
Then we played in LF and he won 4-2 and every game was really close except for the last one maybe.

It was 3 guys from Japan at ESA2

CJ took second place
Masashi 4th place
And Chu or something took 17th place if I reember correctly

Yung Mei

Pretty much. i remember watching old vids from the classic Epita tournament held in France back in '08 where a **** ton of Japanese players came to compete against the European players. Pretty sure I've seen Armada play against Masashi, and CJ (who also played Amsah and is Amsah's sheik inspiration if I'm not mistaken)
oh snap, watching vids now

samox

Smash Journeyman
ROM 4 RULED

Just literally.

Need no more words to describe the AMAZING fighting taking place in this community. Unbelievable.

I'll be posting a video soon documenting some incredible moments. Gems like: Two melee newbies hyping up the crowd to their every shine and dair. Age? 14. 15 tops.

Days of friendlies attesting to the deathgrip between Dr. Peepee and Mango.

Legends of the Craft - GREATS such as - M2K, Azen, Hax, J Man, G Money, Tope, Chillin, PC Chris, Kage (the warrior), and MANY, MANY, MANY MORE!

STEP RIGHT UP! STEP RIGHT UP! TONIGHT ONLY!

Or tomorrow... soon.

crush

Smash Master
ROM 4 RULED

Just literally.

Need no more words to describe the AMAZING fighting taking place in this community. Unbelievable.

I'll be posting a video soon documenting some incredible moments. Gems like: Two melee newbies hyping up the crowd to their every shine and dair. Age? 14. 15 tops.

Days of friendlies attesting to the deathgrip between Dr. Peepee and Mango.

Legends of the Craft - GREATS such as - M2K, Azen, Hax, J Man, G Money, Tope, Chillin, PC Chris, Kage (the warrior), and MANY, MANY, MANY MORE!

STEP RIGHT UP! STEP RIGHT UP! TONIGHT ONLY!

Or tomorrow... soon.
Im 13. Other dude was 12.

:phone:

Top Bottom