• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Brothers documentary/mini series

Splice

Smash Hero
It's really well done and the stories and anecdotes are seriously amazing.
Probably my favourite "movie" because it's so hype!

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Does anyone know if there's a download link for the vid? Still got no internet at home but would love to download it from work.
If not, will just have to wait a little longer.. :D

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
Just finished watching it all, takes a dam long time but certainly good, cool to learn how much has changed.
Being a "new school" player I didn't really know much about all those old players learning about them was cool.

12 years old with a still changing meta game, if melee isn't one of the best damn fighters I just don't know what is.

Bu$

HoC
Just finished watching it all, takes a dam long time but certainly good, cool to learn how much has changed.
Being a "new school" player I didn't really know much about all those old players learning about them was cool.

12 years old with a still changing meta game, if melee isn't one of the best damn fighters I just don't know what is.
* If Melee isn't one of the best damn GAMES I just don't know what is. ;)

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
4 hours later and I'm happy that I saw this. Now I have to stay up to do my assignment that I'm supposed to be doing

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Who the **** tries to jump from a moving car?

Also I completely disagree with Sakurai's "game that only "maniacs" can enjoy" quote. I played Melee casually as a kid and I never found the game hard to get into, and I'm sure the same could be said for the 90% who bought the game to pass time with their friends. By watering down the game they don't attract new players they just lose old ones.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
exactly the point milktea made

melee not onyl clearly has the most competitive depth, but was also I think the best in terms of being an easy casual game to get into.
adventure/classic/event/all-star was cool, especially the little bonuses you got at the end of each stage in single player and even in multiplayer.
the concept of trophies too, and coins.
best of both worlds.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
watching this makes me really sad that i didn't join this scene in the melee era.

tibor and myself played melee for thousands of hours against the cpu, but never considered that something outside that could ever exist. joining the brawl scene was a fluke, and can be solely contributed to bwyan. otherwise, we'd probably still just be playing smash at home.

it wouldve been amazing to watch the evolution of melee from the start.

Musketeer04

Smash Cadet
PC Chris' double dedede theory is correct!!!! Was playing with my brother when he noticed it as we was about to die. Luckily I paused it right before that to get a picture of it.

Attachments

Splice

Smash Hero
Dreamland isn't very well made. The killzone is actually bigger than the background (so when you're high offscreen there's actually just black void behind your character) and it's like the background doesn't exactly fit in it's allocated space, so it loops creating a Double DDD.

Top Bottom