• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow Will, your Peach is very good.

That Diddy was extremely bad, though.

The first two stocks you took off of him were excellent, try not to get too worked up in flashiness/tricks with Peach because it seems like your defensive tactics dropped and you got hit a lot more often on the third stock. Only other tip would be not to Peach Bomber onto the stage.

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
I see, the Diddy kong isnt really bad, he wasnt really warmed up, i just saved the replay due to my play.

I normally dont try to look flashy when i float cancel repeatedly on the stage, when i do that its just me waiting for the opponent to react, if he dodges, i can easily go for a grab and if im close enough i can float cancel an aerial.

The Upsmash out of banana i tried to hard to do so, i think you cant hit it sweet spot since the hitbox is very far from the slipped Diddy. :S

As in returning with Side B, its just a bad habit i simply tend to do allot, thx for the Critique if i ever get another Vid up, ill show you guys! :)

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Do them more, it is So unexpected, and soo good, and it gimps the opponent if they do a double jump or bad DI, trust me, unless hes waiting for it (wich i highly doubt) you wont get punished for it. :3

im definitely gonna try and get you another replay ^.^

Chris Holmes

Smash Rookie
Alrighty, I got to record some irl matches for once haha.

So if you guys have the time, it'd be cool if you could look at them. Since well, I have a ton of stuff that I gotta fix.

Meiling (Snake) vs Chris Holmes (Peach) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA3m53zfSEw&feature=channel_video_title

Meiling (Snake) vs Chris Holmes (Peach) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LucuILpkHxA&feature=channel_video_title

Meiling (Snake) vs Chris Holmes (Peach) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz7A--qiDFw&feature=channel_video_title

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
The solution is simple: It's a difficult matchup for Peach.

Lasers and Jab simply keep her away. The only thing Peach has on Falco is good edgeguarding capablities and the little Chaingrab at 0%. And maybe Upsmash. Other than that, it's a really bad matchup for Peach. 2link will tell you.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
^excuse his bluntness. He's drunk lol

It can be hard, but I manage just fine with Falco after years of playing with ^dat guy.

Edit: damn, Nordal lol. (I was talking about DJ Jack)

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
The MU is 55-45. 60-40 at WORST depending on how gay the Falco wants to play. But even then, 55-45 would be the safest bet. If you can manage to outplay the Falco, you pretty much got this. I've lost to 2link and Kyon even when I've tried, so it's not like playing vs Peach is a carnival day either.

Nicole

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6P0dijfZQE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGzLnG69O4I&feature=related

i'll put up the only vids that got recorded of me at cot5 as well, once they go up. anyways, now that i dont rage when i lose anymore, i think i can finally start improving further. so if you guys could be so kind as to point out any habits (good or bad) that i have in these vids it would be really helpful. also anything that you notice that i could do better would be great. these are the most recent vids i have of myself, plus the cot5 ones i'll post later. mu advice is fine too but i'd rather get a style/habits/personal critique.

(the falco mu advice though is ALWAYS welcome)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nicole, I love what you do with bananas. This entire thing just had me in awe, I was like "this crazy *****!" You scared him back unto the ledge rofl. Good stuff.

I also like how you reset sometimes. I've seen a trend of "ALWAYS GO FOR THE COMBO" recently, but you pull back exactly at times when it wouldn't have gone well for you.

I don't have much in the way of advice, but I would say to watch your landings with float a bit more carefully. Once or twice they were predictable at least. And I didn't love your Falco play. I don't know what you could have done, but a decent number of times while he was spamming lasers you just stood there. Anticipating a phantasm I suppose, but it seemed like a lot of pressure you didn't really answer, just accepted.

z00ted

The Falco matchup is NOT 45:55, it's freakin' 40:60.
What you just showed us RIGHT there Nicole, proves this.

You were going at it the matchup pretty well, except you need to apply more pressure.
Sitting around and just shielding there lasers isn't really proving anything to the Falco, he'll just keep on doing it and get in chip damage. Approach with Dair a bit more and try to Forward Glide Toss with turnips when they aren't expecting it.

I saw how you were trying to Nair his Phantasm, and it should have worked your timing/reaction was just a bit off.

I'm pretty good versus Falco. Razer and Gnes both use him and Ozz gave me pretty good practice before he retired.

I have some sets versus Razer from like three tournaments ago. In Winner's my controller broke (so I lost) and then later on we played friendlies and I did much better. If you want them, I'll post it.

Nicole

Smash Champion
yeah honestly, if the falco plays gay like pelca did (which is the problem i was talking about) its so hard to get at him. its like getting at snake times 100. he just goes away. i try to stay at midrange like i'm supposed to against falco but he can still do stuff there.

like...i also tried to be kinda aggressive but i guess i dont understand how to approach him when he's firing lasers. you cant just float in. if you run in he shields, phantasms away, ftilts, or reflectors. he just seems like he has sooo many options. plus, his close game is great. so even when you do get in you might end up taking more damage and doing nothing to him.

i'd like the vids ill, if the falcos you play are really campy. if they arent then i dont think they'll help that much.

z00ted

lool, nah he doesn't just watched it.

Plus the video is all glitchy - so i wont post it.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
EDIT: Love that Falco matchup
You played fine actually nicole, you gave up on dash attacking when he was starting to laser and started just trying to shield...that just got you whipped on.

Start dash-attacking again, get that timing back and the match could go a different way. That's usually the Falco-Peach match. Someone starts wrecking the other but they have a little trouble killing. That gives them the time to come back.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Alrighty, I got to record some irl matches for once haha.

So if you guys have the time, it'd be cool if you could look at them. Since well, I have a ton of stuff that I gotta fix.

Meiling (Snake) vs Chris Holmes (Peach) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA3m53zfSEw&feature=channel_video_title

Meiling (Snake) vs Chris Holmes (Peach) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LucuILpkHxA&feature=channel_video_title

Meiling (Snake) vs Chris Holmes (Peach) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz7A--qiDFw&feature=channel_video_title
why was his request ignored :V

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yes, you can tell by my wonderfully amazing avatar :)

my snake isnt that good btw, im still working on it, so try and ignore that i suck when you critique mah ******^^^

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
used to happen in the tl boards alot, people would skip over others vids and critique the best toons. So i would quote the person and ask why they didnt get critiqued like the pro.

/never sleeps

edit nicole why did you let pelca side b all over you? You couldnt have just thrown the turnip where he was going?

nice gimps

you need to get better at reading/predicting

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Grounded Nair floats would've help on all those side Bs Falco did. Great matches otherwise Nicole. =)

I don't like to get too detailed in critiques so I apologize in advance.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll talk to you more in depth about Falco when we chat again, Red.

But for now try to not dash so much against Falco to approach, that in itself is a form of overcomitting because he can punish you for it in an instance from a distance. Instead try to gradually walk and powershield everything he shoots, get to an appropriate distance (around a full strong turnip toss length) where you can reliably approach with dash attack, have adequate time to intercept with a groundfloat nair, or even roll backwards right as he performs the phantasm and punish with a buffered turnaround jab or grab right out of the roll (if you don't already end up on the other side of him facing his direction) depending on what he does next.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Falco vs peach..... is indeed 40:60 in true professional play in my eyes.

Nicole I loved the way you used banana's like Meno said. To use dair that way was great. However when I played Wyatt most of the time I dair him he gets an uair out of it. Is this avoidable?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh ok lol. It's avoidable but you'll generally have to try and score the last couple of hits with your dair rather than trying to string the entire attack if you're talking about using if as an approach. Wyatt's SDI out of dair is among the best and quickest that I've experienced so it's a gamble in just about any situation.

Nicole

Smash Champion
@kyon - the way i usually avoid their sdi out of dair is to follow them with it. dont just float over them and do it, move with them a little and they wont be able to get out of it as consistently. Sh dair is harder for them to get out of as well, but for floating it just dont stay in one spot and it seems to work out pretty well.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
could some1 critique my peach if I link vids? ithink its rly gewd but im not sure XD.

Top Bottom