• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheik Compendium of Advanced Techniques, Combos, and Tricks (Wii U)

Maister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkinnyCentaur
Pocketing this for when I have a stock lead. GJ.
Thx deku. Nice vids. Btw in your most recent video, you can actually grab after the burst grenade so bg>Grab>Fthrow>BF/fair strings works better :)

Maister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkinnyCentaur
Ain't no one breaking their shield at a low percent for that to work.
Works at high percents too. Grabbed after the bg exploded at 999% . As for the follow ups They are meant for damage. At mid percents I believe bg>Grab>Pummel>Fthrow>Bf works. If your opponent air dodges alot then You can kill them at 60% without rage. BG>Grab>Pummel>Fthrow>Airdodgeread> Sweet spot upsmash.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's really possible to link FTilt in Dair ?
Who takes this ? What is the DI and %'s that lead to this.
Even if I think I will not get this follow up at high-level play, is nice to trap people in spikes close at the edge.

I really think her Dair is underated, even with not being viable if the opponent is on the ground.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I've been thinking recently: If one were to combine the C-bounce Needles and Instant Needle Fidget and then repeat the process, could this be used as a movement/follow up option? It'd be difficult (I can't test because RIP Wii U disk drive) but it would be basicly the Smash 4 equivalent of wave shining!

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I've been thinking recently: If one were to combine the C-bounce Needles and Instant Needle Fidget, could this be used as a movement option? It'd be difficult (I can't test because RIP Wii U disk drive) but it would be basicly the Smash 4 equivalent of wave shining!
20SS

Yeah, I can't wait for the day when people can play like that. As for movement, though, there's not a whole lot we can get out of it - maybe C-bounce>INC>Bouncing Fish away from danger?

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
20SS

Yeah, I can't wait for the day when people can play like that. As for movement, though, there's not a whole lot we can get out of it - maybe C-bounce>INC>Bouncing Fish away from danger?
I was thinking more like strong Nair>Waveshineedles repeatedly (very quickly) across stage and follow up from there. Using B-reverses and fidgets, this might also be useful for recovering in 21XX.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I was thinking more like strong Nair>Waveshineedles repeatedly (very quickly) across stage and follow up from there. Using B-reverses and fidgets, this might also be useful for recovering in 21XX.
Eh, needle cooldown is way too high to combo together like that. Maybe there's something there, but only time will tell.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Eh, needle cooldown is way too high to combo together like that. Maybe there's something there, but only time will tell.
Except is isn't. IIRC INC was just 2 frames, and the C-bounce can be at any point during the dash (including initial dash animation.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Except is isn't. IIRC INC was just 2 frames, and the C-bounce can be at any point during the dash (including initial dash animation.
INC doesn't release any needles, and I'm not sure what you're referring to as 2 frames, but the attack comes out frame 8.

Also, to your last comment, you can't C-bounce during the initial dash animation because you can't charge needles then.

Last edited:

SamuMomo

Smash Rookie
sup, im a nobody shiek main from Vancouver, and do people know of Shiek's ability to bouncing fish onto stage form hanging on the ledge?
its a simple fast no end lag way to get onto the stage. Just inputting the bouncing fish and you roll onto the stage(cancelling the hitbox of bouncing fish) with no lag.
you can use it to grab or Shield and anything really.

i've been trying to see if other people know about it. cause it is something good to know i guess.
try it out. it works on every stage except lylat and stages you can fall through, must be solid.

Sincerely a nobody Shiek Main
-Me

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
sup, im a nobody shiek main from Vancouver, and do people know of Shiek's ability to bouncing fish onto stage form hanging on the ledge?
its a simple fast no end lag way to get onto the stage. Just inputting the bouncing fish and you roll onto the stage(cancelling the hitbox of bouncing fish) with no lag.

i've been trying to see if other people know about it. cause it is something good to know i guess.
try it out. it works on every stage except lylat and stages you can fall through, must be solid.

-Me
Yes this is known. It's about as lagless as sheik's ledge getup can be. And it works on any stage actually, even ones you can go through, just requires more precise positioning. You can do it on platforms as well.
We don't have much info available for everyone to see (There isn't really much info to show) but I think it's in the compendium.
In fact, _Tree _Tree made a video about, back when BF used to ledge cancel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZYyPd-jloM
I'm glad you posted this as a reply, as opposed to a new thread. Makes life easier for the mods :)

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

-Me
I messed around with this a while ago but could never think of any great applications. It looks cool, but there's always the risk of screwing up the inputs. If someone finds something, though, I'd be interested in using it in matches.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I messed around with this a while ago but could never think of any great applications. It looks cool, but there's always the risk of screwing up the inputs. If someone finds something, though, I'd be interested in using it in matches.
The only time I found it really useful is when you throw a grenade onstage before grabbing the ledge. Then the opponent is forced to shield it, and you can do the ledge flip into a grab. I'm pretty sure that if you do the ledge flip the most efficient way possible (so you start the roll right at the edge of the ledge) then you can act faster than out of a neutral ledge getup.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
The only application I found for it was getting on the stage when you're offstage at stage level without using your double jump/up b and losing more stage control because you weren't able to get on stage in time. When you're in the situation you can do the bouncing fish roll thing to get on stage more quickly than any other option.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
it's an awful getup option because you have no invincibility but it's pretty neat for sneaking you way back on stage fast, particularly if you're both off-stage.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
One of the advantages of that option is that you can swap it from a bad neutral getup to an attacking getup by delaying bouncing fish very slightly after the jump. Most opponents won't be able to tell the difference!

0R31T

Smash Rookie
I got an nice perfect pivot DI dependent true combo , it does 82 % and the only point where their DI can influence the combo is after the first fair , from there it goes like this :
DI away : f-tilt into the rest of the combo
DI towards you / no DI : uptilt into PP f-tilt ( voiD combo )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKab9bVI34Q

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I got an nice perfect pivot DI dependent true combo , it does 82 % and the only point where their DI can influence the combo is after the first fair , from there it goes like this :
DI away : f-tilt into the rest of the combo
DI towards you / no DI : uptilt into PP f-tilt ( voiD combo )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKab9bVI34Q
That was actually very impressive. Nice.

Remember that a true combo is one that works regardless of DI.

R0XAS

Smash Rookie
could i suggest putting the sheik shieldbreaker into grenade techs and gsm-void combo in the last section or needle section. Not sure wether these fit in here but I think they're surely good to know and deserve a place somewhere in this fantastic guide :)

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
There is one thing I would like to see added here; I'm not sure if there is a name for it but one could, in theory, vastly extend Bouncing Fish's range if they were to jump>B-reverse Needles>C-bounce>Aerial Fidget for B-reverse Bouncing Fish. You have two frames to press Tilt and Special during a C-bounce so it should work. Also, I still think one could spam Aerial C-bounce and Aerial Fidget together very effectively at a rapid pace for recovery.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
There is one thing I would like to see added here; I'm not sure if there is a name for it but one could, in theory, vastly extend Bouncing Fish's range if they were to jump>B-reverse Needles>C-bounce>Aerial Fidget for B-reverse Bouncing Fish. You have two frames to press Tilt and Special during a C-bounce so it should work. Also, I still think one could spam Aerial C-bounce and Aerial Fidget together very effectively at a rapid pace for recovery.
That's not a tech, just a way of utilizing an existing tech. Plus it's slow so you could just delay the BF.
And I'm pretty sure c-bouncing continuously does not work, as it requires momentum.

solidawesomeness

Smash Rookie
NNID
solidawesomeness
Hey guys, I don't play Sheik, but I was messing around in training mode and found that Sheik is one of the very few characters in the game that can approach with a PP D-Tilt and not have it whiff. It can hit the opponent from either the front or back, and has combos in both scenarios. Just putting this out there incase you guys find it helpful

boneflesh

Smash Cadet
hello sheik nerds. so i was screwing around in training mode w/ sheik the other day and i realized that dthrow at the edge of the stage can connect to bf on some chars at low percents. this works because kb is reduced from throws at the ledge giving it a angle that can be bfd into. i still haven't labbed it out w/ di and all the percentages, but i'd just like to let the boards know it exists.

this however is prolly gonna be useless since fthrow does more dmg and this is more situational.

idk where to post this and if i posted it in the wrong place sorry.

Last edited:

0R31T

Smash Rookie
hello sheik nerds. so i was screwing around in training mode w/ sheik the other day and i realized that dthrow at the edge of the stage can connect to bf on some chars at low percents. this works because kb is reduced from throws at the ledge giving it a angle that can be bfd into. i still haven't labbed it out w/ di and all the percentages, but i'd just like to let the boards know it exists.

this however is prolly gonna be useless since fthrow does more dmg and this is more situational.

this is already known for a long time but still thanks for sharing just in case :)

Envoy_

Smash Cadet

Yeah and it's really good for following up with up air. Also, it can work on the edges of platforms too!

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I'm not sure if this is known or not, but you can get back on stage from the ledge with the Bouncing Fish's kartwheel animation fairly quckly on stages with walls by pressing Down-B on the ledge, pressing back as soon as possible without B-reversing and pressing Forward again right afterwords. I'm not sure if this is faster than the normal getup (it probobly is not), but regardless it's another ledge getup option.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I'm not sure if this is known or not, but you can get back on stage from the ledge with the Bouncing Fish's kartwheel animation fairly quckly on stages with walls by pressing Down-B on the ledge, pressing back as soon as possible without B-reversing and pressing Forward again right afterwords. I'm not sure if this is faster than the normal getup (it probobly is not), but regardless it's another ledge getup option.
Do you mean dropping down from ledge and using bouncing fish onto the stage to get the rolling animation for bf?

u can do that on every stage if u just drop the ledge and immediately bouncing fish onto the stage

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Do you mean dropping down from ledge and using bouncing fish onto the stage to get the rolling animation for bf?

u can do that on every stage if u just drop the ledge and immediately bouncing fish onto the stage
If you mean without jumping first, then yeah. Sorry, my bad.

Geminic_Rage555

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this is somewhere, but I find that vanishing on the ground and putting it down so you pop up in same spot is useful. It catches people cuz they attack after the initial explosion (her 2nd hit catches), and with good timing can straight up avoid attack all together.

Top Bottom