• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the secret zelda strats discussionzone

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yes, all percents, yes he can regrab again rofl, I was thinking about messing with other options like airdodge down+away instead but that is cutting it real close
This option would **** and be extremely useful if her grab was faster =(

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yes, all percents, yes he can regrab again rofl, I was thinking about messing with other options like airdodge down+away instead but that is cutting it real close
Sounds like that might work, but yeah... the knee would be so close to hitting if it did. Still worth messing around with I guess

Zone

Smash Champion
Better than just letting it hit you I mean you might think it's best to survival di but if you're at death
Percent why not? Also falcon
Is really fAst and can edgeguard zelda really well

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
actually this is a really good mindgame because after awhile if they think you're going to air dodge they might wait and try to bait it and you just land and kick them in the face or somethin :)

it's 50/50 which is terrific rather than 100/0 like how many have it vs falcon.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Hey Cosmo, can you test that with Peach? They have really similar physics so I was thinking it might. And what's the exact input on your DI? Is it just away or is it up and away?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I'm pretty sure it works with peach, the DI is tricky, it is in between AWAY and DOWN, but not at 45 degrees, its like starting from down, you go 2/3rds of the way towards away

rough estimate
[bandwidth exceeded]

I could test it with peach later but right now i'm behind on some work :[

Credits to Magus for discovering this BTW

TheLake

Smash Master
*heart attack* SO COOL!

Cosmo your.....

your a dream

and i never want to wake up

NEVER!

hiiiiiiii DOH you lurking little closet zelda player you ;D

Magus is the truth (and is nasty in dittos....**** son ><)

Zone

Smash Champion
Before I quit quit I'm gonna buy a new capture card and do that combo vid I've been meaning to do For real this time I have some combos I think you guys will be like WTF I didn't know Zelda could do a 7 hit combo

Before I quit quit I'm gonna buy a new capture card and do that combo vid I've been meaning to do For real this time I have some combos I think you guys will be like WTF I didn't know Zelda could do a 7 hit combo
Deinterlace it before you upload it, or just upload the file directly with no splitting/editing and let youtube take care of deinterlacing. It has to be in good quality. There are still people who don't do this to their videos and they look so bad.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
wow. I havent been to a tournament in about a year but Cosmo If a go to a tournament your at like RoM Wanna do a MM? I'll do fox marth falcon sheik it doesnt matter i good playing a zelda. Or i'll do em all lol

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Deinterlace it before you upload it, or just upload the file directly with no splitting/editing and let youtube take care of deinterlacing. It has to be in good quality. There are still people who don't do this to their videos and they look so bad.
Yeah, my videos tend to look pretty terrible. I've spent over 5 hours trying to get better quality but in the end I'm simply limited by the dazzle I have. No option to record in mpeg4 and deinterlacing with different formats either has no real effect or makes the video really blurry which looks just as bad (and makes the file size is considerably larger).

Yeah, my videos tend to look pretty terrible. I've spent over 5 hours trying to get better quality but in the end I'm simply limited by the dazzle I have. No option to record in mpeg4 and deinterlacing with different formats either has no real effect or makes the video really blurry which looks just as bad (and makes the file size is considerably larger).
Just record individual tournament sets to individual files. Youtube will deinterlace it for you.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
w/e i'll uthrow uair knee that zelda

or just dthrow so fast you wont be ready with that super specific angle

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Just record individual tournament sets to individual files. Youtube will deinterlace it for you.
so essentially, just don't edit them at all? I didn't know that would work. Eh, that would also mean I couldn't implement commentary though. Man, pinnacle sucks haha

so essentially, just don't edit them at all? I didn't know that would work. Eh, that would also mean I couldn't implement commentary though. Man, pinnacle sucks haha
Record audio with audacity or any other program and set it to play back immediately. Then get a 3.5mm to RCA cord and plug it into the audio jack on your pc and have the other (RCA) end plug into your recording device. That's how I record commentary. No need to resync later.

Mazor

Smash Cadet
How do I win vs Sheiks and Falcons and which counterpicks are the best against these?

Also, you have become a bit of an idol for me, Cosmo. Keep up the good Zeldaing!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Is dthrow-> upair with link guaranteed to hit against zelda or other floaties around 100%? I was DIing fully to the side against a link yesterday but couldn't avoid getting hit by it. Maybe i'm not supposed to DI sideways? lol idk I didn't really get a chance to test anything against it

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Sheik ditto the sheiks IMO. lol

Is dthrow-> upair with link guaranteed to hit against zelda or other floaties around 100%? I was DIing fully to the side against a link yesterday but couldn't avoid getting hit by it. Maybe i'm not supposed to DI sideways? lol idk I didn't really get a chance to test anything against it
I used to play a lot of Link, 99% sure it is inescapable

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I was watching some vids and I noticed you sometimes manage to squeeze in an up+smash. Seems to usually happen right out of shield... I'm just wondering when you use up+smash/when it is useful

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
against spacies you do it either right after they shine or right after they do an early aerial/weak aerial and you know there will be a nice sized gap in their pressure.

don't do this often on fox because he can shine you out of it easily

its really really good against non-spacies too like falcon and ganon... i find times to use it against basically the entire cast. if you think they are going to jump out of shield and they are nearby you can throw it out and they will jump into it

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
so I'm the mod of this place now

should we sticky this thread?
what should we do with the guide from 04, and the video thread from 06? lol, the metagame has changed drastically

p.s. more tourney vids coming soon, including a crew battle where I took 9 stocks, a 10 dollar money match, and some other stuff

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
The old guides and videos are really outdated, but idk. I'd leave them just in case someone wants to reference them, but I'd also probably just start new threads for them.

Nice to hear you're a mod now though, and those videos all sound amazing

Metà

Smash Master
so I'm the mod of this place now

should we sticky this thread?
what should we do with the guide from 04, and the video thread from 06? lol, the metagame has changed drastically

p.s. more tourney vids coming soon, including a crew battle where I took 9 stocks, a 10 dollar money match, and some other stuff
whose channel are they going up on? also, do you use aim/msn?

TheLake

Smash Master
When is tipped off 6?

We should revamp both of those threads

put some pizzazhh back in this joint

cause i dont know if you fellahs (or ladies!?) but...

zeldas gettin a little more attention lately ;D

YAY ZONE YOUR NOT QUITTING <3

Zone

Smash Champion
When is tipped off 6?

We should revamp both of those threads

put some pizzazhh back in this joint

cause i dont know if you fellahs (or ladies!?) but...

zeldas gettin a little more attention lately ;D

YAY ZONE YOUR NOT QUITTING <3
lol I totally am. I just already said I was going to Tipped off. I'm not gonna bail out. Also I didn't bail out of APEX. my airport shafted me the last minute.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
Zelda fellows, i got a new Q, Zelda JC grab is 1 frame slower than dash grab, but it has the same hitbox???
wich one its better for tech chasing and wich one is better comming out of the DD???, also how good its her dash attack grab?!?!?! (i think Magus know all of this)

I got 7th the last week in a hard torney, no vids =(, only 1 TV had VCR.
i think Zelda Grab its the thing i need, i cant copy Cosmo Grabbing tech, so i got to found my own.

ive tried to search for this info but i only found the frame info, =(.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
@meta I can be found on AIM sometimes, nick is KSSBCosmo

@nekokatsu. I NEVER use JC grabs with zelda. they are always normal dash grabs.
I think JC grabs are always inferior but i'm not certain on that.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure dash grab is always the best choice unless you are already standing still I only jump cancel grabs with her because I rarely play her anymore and It is an auto function for
Me to do it with fox falcon falco marth pikachu and I accidentally use it as her all the time

By dash attack grab do you mean boost grabbing or w\e it's called. Where you make your grab reach out a little farther my shiek friend uses it on me all the time, I've never tried applying that to any of my characters because I'd rather have a good fast ending whiff incase I miss

I don't know how it works for Zelda her dash attack is pretty short so I couldn't imagine it boosting her grab range much

Top Bottom