• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Aright people
im fairly new to swf and have only recently returned to playing melee (i played it as a kid :D) and i am currently learning the advanced stuff (on my own :O).

I was just wanting to intoduce myself and stuff...also is there anyone that on the offchance plays melee that lives in montrose?

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
I will most likely be studying at Edinburgh Uni this year so maybe ill get some smash done at the weekends :) (im not a posh kid dont judge me :D)
Also, are there any weeklies or monthlies that are based in dundee?
I really need some human practise xD

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Its cool seeing such an enthusiastic new player lol. I'll let you know beforehand of any time Im around the Dundee/ St Andrews area and we could play. Whats your msn? and do you have any mates who play?

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Aww shame zeppo you had 1337 posts :p
My msn is SSs_28@live.co.uk so everyone can add me ill just accept you
so maybe we can arrange something in the future ill look forward to it :)

Edit: Forgot to say that i bought melee from one of my friends and we used to play melee(this was 2/3 years ago) so i might talk to him to see if he wants to play at a competitive level.
If not im sure he will jgive me some practise against a human player even if hes not gonna train on his own.
If he does like the sound of it then we will have to get a hold of another melle disk.
Otherwise there is noone else that is interested that i know of in montrose :S

J03

Smash Master
what do you guys think about merging this thread with the NW thread?

both are a little on the dying side and it might help raise interest and such.

EDIT: i could possibly come up to your end at the end of april =/

grayfox

Smash Champion
Merge would be a good idea if they were closer but I'm not even willing to go down to nw for semi regular events, nevermind new guys.

As for Dundee events I can probably have a few guys over during easter hols. I'm not that interested in smash right now but might be interested in having anyone who wants over for a weekend or something :confused:

ac_anon

Smash Ace
im a lit student, so I pretend to read books and then talk about them.

I might do something in edinburgh during the hols, only problem being in only have one tv smash can be played on so it wouldn't be a particularly serious event. Maybe some poker on the go, been too long, John I need my revenge.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Joe- 11-12th of April but I wont be going to Bolton lols :suess:

if you guys want to come up to scotland though then let me know eh

Allan and Ryan you guys should def do banter things, my vote goes for poker + drinks banter??:suess: no-one but like me and Ed are interested in smash I think and its easy enough to set up smash and a cube or whatever.

Shifting shadows, I added you on msn :) Hopefully we can play sometime soon!

craiigg

Smash Lord
:suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess::suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess:

how about that eh?

J03

Smash Master
Z: reserve a weekend after april 20th =P. ima gonna get my geek on major and try to get Robby, Charles, AmcD, Aiko and Ed in bolton along with Box, Blinky and that french lad. also anyone else will be welcome to come!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
great post craiigg, so much banter from a moderator to make that one. might do Joe but its very unlikely, Scotlands the place to be now:suess: cheers though i'll ponder it

allan need to speak to you at some point :confused: :suess:

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFL! We stop and go. Last tourney in Jan was the first tourneys in 2 years for a few of us or something.

Although its subsiquently dried up again haha, how's it goin Craig?

jalued

Smash Lord
hey shifting, im also kinda new (just getting the hang of wavedashing atm (cant do wavelanding very well though, not got the timing down yet)) oh and i keep forgetting about L-cancelling :p i think we're prob at the same level, and i live in st andrews for most of the time at uni. im also in edinburgh for easter, so we should meet up. have u got a wii/GC and melee and 2 controllers though? i kinda left mine at uni haha :p i added u on msn btw, lets chat some time.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Ok maybe jauled but my mum is being so strict she wont let me go to anyones house to play...she will only let me play if we could find a venue or something..like a gaming cafe or something?
idk what there is about..
im getting the wding and l-cancelling about 85% of the time but thats just vs lv9s so idk how id do against someone ...ah well catch ya later

grayfox

Smash Champion
lol fair play Q! You are a few months late though sadly. There was a slight re-emergance of the scene with a lot of people going to their first tourney in over a year or 2 like me, Ed and Jam, and the scene in general didn't have much going on. Think it has died down again since haha, but theres the odd ranbat happening here or there, as far as Scottish smash goes I think the odd fest here or there if your lucky, nothing planned right now afaik.

VA

Smash Hero
There are still plenty of events to go to in the UK. Just interest is a little low, Southampton won't have that many people I think?

Aiko

Smash Champion
location location location. Its a bit inconvenient for lots of people since there isnt a direct train or something.

Kone

Smash Master
aye, the scene sortve lurks between 6 months of activity and then 6 months downside, its the latter right now. Personlly ill be about again come the summer but having to concentrate on my teachign right now!!!

but aye q should attempt to make the next tourney or something lol

Top Bottom