• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
****ty banter keiran? are you ****ing kidding? mario kart will have heaps and heaps of it, i hope we can somehow get 9 people on the bus so we can shunt you out.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
bomberman was epic!!!!
Bomberman was indeed epic, considering I won a few games when I was sleeping through most of them.

Aye smash was good too, enjoyed those ganon dittos with looman and the 0 to death combo I pulled on Ed, good times.

Also Ed ur Sheik was surprisingly good considering u don't play much of melee, keep it up

Also how long would it take for them videos to be posted as I wouldn't mind watching some of them, and I will now retract my statement about me being the best Yoshi in the UK since I lost that MM with Z, I'll probably need 2 actually practise with Yoshi tbh

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
I know that, its just that I barely played Yoshi for ages so going into a MM with Z I should of at least used Yoshi a bit more before hand, anyway our yoshi dittos were close for the best part so I don't think I done that badly considering Z is a ****load better than me at melee, also just for the record this isn't some long-winded john 4 losing the MM, so no johns

EDIT: To an extent Ed is right but general skill will take u further than character based skill to a certain level, at top level play its the opposite I suppose

Aiko

Smash Champion
EDIT: To an extent Ed is right but general skill will take u further than character based skill to a certain level, at top level play its the opposite I suppose
thats pretty much it. general skill beats all except at top level where its all about the individual match ups

grayfox

Smash Champion
Ryan, you still going?
:mad::chuckle::dizzy::ohwell::confused::confused::confused::confused::urg:

I love that everyone asks me if I'm still going every 5 minutes ROFL

I swear I get asked atleast 3 times a day by several smashers!

But aye I will be there... Although I'm tempted to flake now just for the huge banter of it all:chuckle::chuckle:

Oh aye - ****e fest :urg::urg:

grayfox

Smash Champion
In actual fact it was a good fest :dizzy:

!!

A few small shout outs for the banter of it all:

Zeppland! - Cheers

Mr Pish! - Nice banter also eh!? Was good to see no Peach at the fest haha, your Sheik was better since we played at Craigs I'm pretty sure! I snatched the spare Vodka at the end - you snooze you lose HOHO!! Unlucky with the foulplay gambling, poker taught me never to bet on a ****e hand:confused::confused:

Allan! - Superb banter as always! Cheers for winning me more big bucks at the expense of the bold Kmeng! Was glorious when sandbagging with your Sheik wasn't smug enough so you'd go Zelda instead :p:p:chuckle:

Keiran!!!! - I actually felt a bit of remorse for giving you so much banter this weekend but then I remembered it was for the banter!!!! Glad you appreciate it was just for the banter though, good sense of banter on your shoulders there! (Be greatful I'm not using your shout out for your smash game eh!?!?! HAHAHA!!!)

Johns! - You actually have some banter on you!!! The John combo to win the close as **** set being denied because you'd rather taunt and clumsily stumble towards the edge instead of grabbing it - then consequentially losing it - was actually HUGE banter!! You've got some hoho!! The comebacks in the crews had huge banter as well my god; the heart of the crew for sure!

Loobanter! - Your Ganon has tonnes!!! Piped me in our game and I was like :confused::confused::confused::laugh::laugh: Actually very fun to watch and play, improving something huge!!! You also have loads of banter btw!

Fiends banter?! - Nice seeing you again and your banter!!! Was surprised by how wide your variety of banterous characters goes! I was expecting a sub par banter Yoshi fannying about for the banter!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edwarbantero - Nice guy with some banter! You improved a great deal during the day and obviously have tonnes of potential!! GGs be good to hopefully see a consistant new face in the scene giving it, erm, the banter?!

Davemans - Last but certainly not least! Showed some incredible dedication to the banter by refusing to show up because you just couldn't be arsed walking!!! MY GOD! That has tonnes and we are all in debt to your sacrifice!

Kieran!!! I request my set with Euan from the tourney and also our MM Marth vs Link (:chuckle::chuckle:) please!!!! Cheers big man

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Aye a fest in Dundee would be nice but Im not sure how free I'll be in February cause of job hunting etc., not to say I wont be free but I'll let people know nearer the time!

Looman!

Smash Rookie
I could probably host something early February in Dundee but nothing confirmed!
I'm real interested in coming to a fest in Dundee again, though I defferz won't be able to make anything on the weekend of the 14th/15th and I'll need to see how skint going to Birmingham makes me. :S

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Aye the birmingham johns all of a sudden! Nice ganon btw Looman I lol'd :confused:

price for hotel is £21 a piece btw bed guaranteed :confused: let me know if you cant afford that for johns and I'll see what I can figure out (to everyone)

grayfox

Smash Champion
I'm alright with that Paul!

I can possibly hold a fest on the weekend of the 14/15th! :urg: sorry Loo but it's literally the only weekend I'll have free at the moment, if there are more people who can't make it let me know and I'll try to pipe another weekend????

jalued

Smash Lord
im free every weekened (i think, might have a date or something by then, unlikely, but strangly possible) so 14/15th is fine.

and i have decided that im not going to go to birmingham, cause i want to give Z a chance to get 2nd place, instead of knocking him out at the beggining, hes so used to breaking even with cash there, i wouldnt want to ruin that streak with my sheik (hahahaha, sarcasm rules!!!!!)
have a great time all of u and gl

Looman!

Smash Rookie
I'm alright with that Paul!

I can possibly hold a fest on the weekend of the 14/15th! :urg: sorry Loo but it's literally the only weekend I'll have free at the moment, if there are more people who can't make it let me know and I'll try to pipe another weekend????
Aye, thats a gutter:urg: no worries though big rydo

Aye the birmingham johns all of a sudden! Nice ganon btw Looman I lol'd :confused:

price for hotel is £21 a piece btw bed guaranteed :confused: let me know if you cant afford that for johns and I'll see what I can figure out (to everyone)
I decided rather than having ****e banter with a really limited budget im going to skim a bit from my savings account, so no bother bout the hotel, except that i just went out to buy a sleeping bag!:psycho:

Any plans for earlier in the day tommorow? i would like to get a few games in before we leave, but if your busy with something else then go **** yourself.:p

grayfox

Smash Champion
Cheers for the vids Kieran!

I'll try to sort out another weekend but no promises! I don't relaly like the idea of hosting it on that weekend anyways but it's currently the only one I have free.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Aye, thats a gutter:urg: no worries though big rydo

I decided rather than having ****e banter with a really limited budget im going to skim a bit from my savings account, so no bother bout the hotel, except that i just went out to buy a sleeping bag!:psycho:

Any plans for earlier in the day tommorow? i would like to get a few games in before we leave, but if your busy with something else then go **** yourself.:p
Aye actually I'll happily give you a square go tomorrow thats what I'll do KO hahahahahahaha!

Gonna be up pretty early to look at job ****e and then nowt planned but kieran wants to come round so Kieran post up please what time you coming and we'll coincide the 2. Wow 2 awesome dudes coming over to my house to P-A-R-T-Y ALLLLLLLRIIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT!:urg: :suess::dizzy::chuckle:

Aye lawliet change from that weekend please I'll probably have like 10 or more dates that day :confused:

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Aye Kieran, Louie and John and/or David if you're coming make it after 2pm please. Also Allan when does your bus get in exactly?

Davemans do you have any banter lol:confused:?

grayfox

Smash Champion
Oh aye turtle pus we haven't really got a ranking sorted yet in either HAHA!!! There is a tourney this weekend which should help identify in the UK

Looman!

Smash Rookie
Aye good stuff pauldo i'll come over sometime after 2.:)
I havent played that much smash at all for the last 3 days and I want to play against sheik some more. :dizzy:
also falcon dittos??????? lol, i played a bit of him and i managed to get a falcon ditto with stumans which was really sick!!! (he also pulled off some crazy combo, i'll go into more detail later at your house)
Also I think you have my mario kart ds cause i can't find it anywhere here.:psycho:

Top Bottom