• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
k when they're uploaded keep your pants on man

so we have:

Paul
John
Louie
Davemans
Kieran

for sure.

then possibly:

Craig
Euan
Allan
Ryan
Luigidude

anyone else?

Kamicciolo

Smash Rookie
Can you add me to the Paisley/Glasgow list, I'm hopin tae find somebody else to play brawl wae other than ma wee brother :)

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Good games guys.

Keep training your cf foulplay, its looking good.

GEEK28

Smash Apprentice
wont make your turni paul. thats the weekend before i go back to uni, gonna be to busy. venous looks awesome though and the price is fair with everyone chipping in. just do venou fees when organizing the turni pot i guess.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Double post for lolz.

Have a job lined up with varied shifts and ****e so I'd like to hear what dates people can make that might suit better, I can do any weekday. The venue may well be my house now for banters but Ive got plenty of room and loads of banter lying about. Im thinking the Friday.

My house will be better for running multiple events and stuff anyway.

Professor Pro Im glad you're looking into coming, I know its a long way but Im glad someone is willing to fly to Scotland just for the banter.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Im thinking of having it similar to Craigs and just let it run into the night if banter be, but for newcomers we might start earlier and people who come late can do their matches when they get here.

Obviously this is just a precaution and I just want to see how flexible people are:suess:

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
If its any week day I'll be able to make it, might even be able to bring a few new people if that's alright, also if its this Friday then would you be able to comfirm it asap so I can try and get that saturday off from work

RoyBoy08

Smash Cadet
Alright Ross, confirmed for Saturday, 17th January for banters :ohwell:?! how many people you bringing so I have an idea of space.

lol Royboy

Im thinking of making it at Microplay so aye, will probably book it tomorrow.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
1 or 2 maybe, it depends if they're up for it, I'll let u kno if I can make it or not, probably thru text tho since i don't get the chance to go on the internet that often these days

RoyBoy08

Smash Cadet
. ROFL just phoned up Microplay and asked how much it'd be to book 3 Tvs for 4 hours and apparently its paid per person thus adding up to £108 for banters!!!

So **** that, fest will be hosted at mr zeppos house this saturday. If you have any questions, contact my kind self via PM or by msn, even text if you feel so bold. There will be no venue charge, only charge will be for tournaments. Im thinking £2 for melee singles, and we'll see what else we feel like doing. Drafted crews would be fun:chuckle:

Will use microplay at some point just to get brawl scrubs interested probably, but thats extortionate at the moment.

jalued

Smash Lord
wish it was oin the sunday..ythen i could attend..actually..what time on saturday is it? and where in glasgow does zeppo live relative to the bus station?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Alright to clarify:

A fest at my house this Saturday, 17th January.

There will be a round-robin tournament, Melee, entry £2.

There will probably be loads of money matches :suess:

and loads of banters?!:dizzy::confused::confused:

Once the round robin is over I will probably ask everyone what sort of event they'd like to do afterwards. Im really up for some sort of crews thing??? but I will do doubles if people like.

There will be brawl :suess:

grayfox

Smash Champion
HOHO!!!!! I'm interested in crews as well actually. Doubles is a bit ****e, theres not gonna be enough people to constitute a bracket and all the good poeple will just team anyways rofl so may as well just play a teams mm and save all the hassle

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
Mint fest big thanks to the Copeland household for hosting it. :bigthumbu

I had a great time having the banter. Looking forward to more banters. I'm looking forward to the absolute HUGE banter of mario kart ds on the bus to birmingham, ill know for deffo if i can come by tomorrow, I'll post the news.

Paul- Thanks for the fest it was huge.

Allan: we had the banter going for a BK for sure, hmm do i love a good angus burger, could go on right now. My god what i would do for a ****ing three pepper.

Ryan: you were having the banter. i saw you. we need to get some friendlies next time.

Keiran: Stop taking whatever you did, its not big and its not clever. I think your not getting ****ed by pressure as much anymore, dunno though i didn't watch all your matches, heard you got ****ed by allan in the MM aw well theres always next time, is that it even between you two again? and stop being an aggressive prick.

Looman: I have to agree with ryan its really fun watching your ganons, we are gonna pipe in teams, Paisley Boiz 4 lyfe.

Ross: Nice missing your bus, i learned alot obout my play style playing you.

Euan: We didn't get alot of games but i don't know much i can learn from you until i learn more about the game, hopefully when i improve i can get more games in with you.

ED: Oh my you have the banter for sure, our singles match was huge. You deffo have talent at the game

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Aye that was good times. Alot of lol's were had, Kieran that comeback to super fastfall knee is probably my favourite moment ever witnessed in smash. Allan sandbagged everyone cause hes too good

Results:

1 Cpt Zeppo (24)
2 Mr P (21)
3 Grayfox (19)
4 AC13_anon (15)
5 Kieran (14)
6 Looman (11)
7 Fiends Knee (8)
8 Jalued (6)
9 Penny (5)

jalued

Smash Lord
ED: Oh my you have the banter for sure, our singles match was huge. You deffo have talent at the game
haha yeah, epic games. i think we have a rivalry going on now. c u at the next smashfest in febuary (not set yet, but should be one), and you did at least manage to get a john combo in on our last game, too bad i DI'd to safety lol.

thanks alot zeppo for my first smashfest. i will climb that ladder thing, i promise., and i will be a regular from now on!! melee rules!!!

oh and zeppo, i play melee and brawl now, so plz change it on first page :)

jalued

Smash Lord
i cant go to that, plus, i dont think im ready. i have to be able to beat at least looey, kieran and allan in a best of 5 before i will go along to a proper tourney. plus, cant afford birmingham anyway. maybe next time

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
Could you please add me to the list at the beginning? I live in East Kilbride, and would love a chance to face some other Scottish Brawlers. Though you would probably make mincemeat out of me seeing as I haven't had a chance to play Brawl in a while. But the skills are there, just lying dormat waiting to be reawoken

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
hahaha the old banter! Theres actually always been Scottish smashers popping up, particularly since brawl release. It just coincided with everyone in Scotland quitting for 6 months :laugh:

13th Nightmare- Have done just that mate :) Do you have MSN? If so add naedanger@hotmail.co.uk and I'll let you know about upcoming events etc. Who you using in Brawl?

Looman!

Smash Rookie
Aye great fest Z-mans, fair enjoyed it so i did.
Great playing smash with ye all, its good to hear that my raggy ganon is improving, I guess getting pumped by Z week in week out adds up to somethin eh?:chuckle::chuckle:

Yeah I'm up for just going ahead and booking a ticket for a coach to Birmingham so I have no choice but to go!:psycho:

You up for smash this week paul, so I can get an opportunity to book this and get my copy of melee back? Nah, I lie, it's really all just a ruse to have the banter!!!!

ac_anon

Smash Ace
Fest was great, tourney had some banter and bomberman was some amazing fun.

I really want to go to the tourney but at the moment I really cant afford it, but if I suddenly come into money or win at poker on thursday il come along.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Good luck at poker then son, hope you can make it.

Ryan, you still going? This will have tons tbh, bring mario kart if you have it on the ds for the ****ty banter. Hoho.

Yeah, Bomberman is always good times Ed. ^_^.

Good to meet you btw, keep the fests up, you've got loads of potential.

Top Bottom