• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sargasso Hideout - Wolf O'Donnell Support Thread

What voice do you prefer for Wolf?

• American (Star Fox: Assault & Smash Bros. Brawl)

Votes: 92 73.6%
  • British (Star Fox 64 & Star Fox Zero)

Votes: 33 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that'd be great. There were suggestions to change the poll to one regarding Wolf's voice. If you wouldn't mind changing it to this would be great:
  • Title: Which voice do you prefer for Wolf?
  • Answer 1: American (Star Fox: Assault & Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Answer 2: British (Star Fox 64 & Star Fox Zero)
If you could reset the votes, too, that'd be great as well. Thanks in advance.
Done and done

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
American Wolf is taking over, so sayeth Lord Helix.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Does anyone else seem to think that the scouter looks better on Wolf than an eyepatch. At least a scouter doesn't make people think that Wolf is half-blind.
Either one is just for the rule of cool. Depends on which you find more tasteful, but I like them about the same.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Did Zero Wolf even have a British accent? I haven't played the game, but I've watched the Star Wolf battles on Youtube, and he just sounds like Brawl Wolf to me.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
He certainly sounded British to me from what I remember playing, but would have to look again, it's been awhile.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Did Zero Wolf even have a British accent? I haven't played the game, but I've watched the Star Wolf battles on Youtube, and he just sounds like Brawl Wolf to me.
He did, but it wasn't as apparent as past Brit Wolf iterations. Ja Green stuck with the British voice, as I'm sure he was directed to, but with the extra freedom the voice actors were given, I think he threw a bit of the roughness that American Wolf's voice had. Kinda made an odd combo, but I say it worked in the end.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
He did, but it wasn't as apparent as past Brit Wolf iterations. Ja Green stuck with the British voice, as I'm sure he was directed to, but with the extra freedom the voice actors were given, I think he threw a bit of the roughness that American Wolf's voice had. Kinda made an odd combo, but I say it worked in the end.
I just rewatched the 1v1 dogfight and heard just a few subtle hints of Britishness. If they had to use a British voice for Wolf's return to Smash, this should be the one they use. It's much more growly and feral, and would work much better for his moveset and playstyle.

Cyro_

Smash Cadet
I hope if he comes back that he keeps his "What's the matter, scared?" taunt. Best taunt to say against campers hands down.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I hope if he comes back that he keeps his "What's the matter, scared?" taunt. Best taunt to say against campers hands down.
After they changed "You're too slow" I don't know what they will do.

D

Deleted member

After they changed "You're too slow" I don't know what they will do.
IIRC Sonic's voice clips in Smash 4 were recycled from some of his more recent games (Colors, Generations, Lost World), hence why Roger Craig Smith is never heard saying any of Jason Griffith's lines from Brawl. I suppose they could recycle some of Wolf's voice clips from Star Fox Zero if they wanted to.

UGXwolf

Smash Rookie
"We're gonna have FUN with this thing!" Wolf claws his way back! God I want this so much!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Count me among the supporters who'd be down with him coming back. I played him and Falco far more than I ever played/play Fox himself.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Don't care for the new Smash Amiibo, but the new Splatoon 2 and TLoZ Amiibo look great. Loving that other series like Pikmin are actually seeing some love, too.

Hopefully we'll see some more Amiibo come E3. I'd still love to see a Star Fox and/or Metroid line, but we're going to have to wait for new installments in those series for a chance to see any.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Can't believe we have to go through more retailer-exclusive bs AGAIN! Ugh.

Oh, well. The exclusive restocks late last year were handled very well (I actually managed to get them all!), maybe this will be the same...

Up until last October, I only had 9 amiibo, then suddenly the bug bit me and my collection jumped to 26 in 4 months.

:4link::4zelda::4mewtwo::4charizard::4drmario::4ganondorf::4falcon::4feroy::4zss::4ryu::4luigi::4robinm::4samus::4lucina::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4lucas::4fox::4ness::4pit::4sonic::4palutena::4megaman::4peach:

Given the recent BOTW craze, and current rarity of :4link: and :4zelda:, I'm veeeeeery glad those two are the first I ever picked up, waaay back in late 2014. Seriously never thought I'd see the day where :4link: or :4mario: would be considered rare.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Given the recent BOTW craze, and current rarity of :4link: and :4zelda:, I'm veeeeeery glad those two are the first I ever picked up, waaay back in late 2014. Seriously never thought I'd see the day where :4link: or :4mario: would be considered rare.
A close friend of mine used to own the Smash Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf Amiibo, but sold them sometime in December. Now he can't find them anywhere, and I think he's willing to sacrifice a small child if it meant he'd get them back.

I'm confident that they'll be restocked sometime in the future, though.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I used to think Ganondorf was the best looking amiibo ever but Cloud(2) and Bayonetta(2) look better imo.

I have Smash Link and then I bought Samus cos he was all alone while regretting Samus cos I never played Metroid (I have now but never owned still) and Pit was coming soon who I had the most trouble to get hold off. I ended my giving in and paying £6 extra online. Have 8 amiibo and I stopped regreting her and later Rosa. Just got used to them in time.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Can't believe we have to go through more retailer-exclusive bs AGAIN! Ugh.
If you're not an in-box collector, or if you don't mind Japanese packaging, then you might be better off seeing if you can import them via AmiAmi when their pre-orders open up.

Up until last October, I only had 9 amiibo, then suddenly the bug bit me and my collection jumped to 26 in 4 months.

:4link::4zelda::4mewtwo::4charizard::4drmario::4ganondorf::4falcon::4feroy::4zss::4ryu::4luigi::4robinm::4samus::4lucina::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4lucas::4fox::4ness::4pit::4sonic::4palutena::4megaman::4peach:
Have 8 amiibo and I stopped regreting her and later Rosa.
I have 59 Amiibo, of which 49 are Smash-compatible and house Smash AIs, with two of the Smash-compatible ones being duplicates that I used to create a couple of custom Amiibo.

There's still a great deal of novelty to scanning in Mega Yarn Yoshi and having to deal with a ruthless Smash AI - I love the fact that character-compatibility is determined by which character it is, and not by which set an Amiibo is from. :laugh:

My collection's only going to get bigger when the next Smash inevitably brings more Amiibo with it. Here's hoping that one of them is Wolf! :grin:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If you're not an in-box collector, or if you don't mind Japanese packaging, then you might be better off seeing if you can import them via AmiAmi when their pre-orders open up.

I have 59 Amiibo, of which 49 are Smash-compatible and house Smash AIs, with two of the Smash-compatible ones being duplicates that I used to create a couple of custom Amiibo.

There's still a great deal of novelty to scanning in Mega Yarn Yoshi and having to deal with a ruthless Smash AI - I love the fact that character-compatibility is determined by which character it is, and not by which set an Amiibo is from. :laugh:

My collection's only going to get bigger when the next Smash inevitably brings more Amiibo with it. Here's hoping that one of them is Wolf! :grin:
would you be buying character doublicates as in if they make new versions of all charcters would you buy say another Smash Peach?

I think mine will expand as well but won't be double dipping if they do update and change the art. (doubtful if a port or using the same engine)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
would you be buying character doublicates as in if they make new versions of all charcters would you buy say another Smash Peach?
Nah, I only apply that to characters that are particularly important to me - for example, I own both the Smash and Kirby Series versions of Dedede. Stuff like that. So, I'll buy re-posed Amiibo for a handful of favourite characters, but I certainly wouldn't do that for everybody!

I should say, I collect favourite characters primarily, regardless of which set they're from, so I'm not focussed on, say, getting all of the Smash Amiibo, or all of any set. I felt that Smash Peach was kind of funny-looking, so I skipped her and waited for the Super Mario Series version instead. :laugh: (After that, it was no hassle to then get all of the princesses from that set, so they match.)

I suspect that we will see new key-art for the new game (there being six Amiibo of the final three characters and them launching alongside Splatoon 2 finally fully disproves the already-shaky rumours about it being a port, which claimed the final three Amiibo would launch with a port, which isn't happening) when it shows up, so the notion of re-posed Smash Amiibo in the future certainly isn't too big of a stretch, I feel.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I used to think Ganondorf was the best looking amiibo ever but Cloud(2) and Bayonetta(2) look better imo.
Ganondorf is one of the best-looking amiibo, except for the bizarre white patches under the gauntlets (maybe that's just mine?). Still incredible detail, though. Overall, I'd say my favorite amiibo is probably Roy, though Ganondorf, Palutena, Lucina, Mewtwo, and Charizard are up there too, among the ones I own. Female Corrin might take the lead if I can get my hands on her, she looks amazing.

On a side note, bit bummed that Ganondorf, Zelda, and Sheik don't get any separate amiibo for the 30th anniversary series. An OoT Ganondorf would be great.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, since conversation has died a bit might as well kick off a new topic.

We all know that Star Fox Zero didn't live up to Nintendo's expectations. However, Miyamoto did state, according to this article, that Star Fox and Pikmin will continue. So, how long do you think it'll be before we see a new Star Fox installment? Will we see a new game for Switch, a Zero port with better mechanics, or something minor for 3DS?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

We all know that Star Fox Zero didn't live up to Nintendo's expectations. However, Miyamoto did state, according to this article, that Star Fox and Pikmin will continue. So, how long do you think it'll be before we see a new Star Fox installment? Will we see a new game for Switch, a Zero port with better mechanics, or something minor for 3DS?
Considering this quote from Reggie Fils-Aime...

On Smash Bros. coming to Switch: Our philosophy at Nintendo is to have one great experience of each franchise on each console. So in the future, who knows when, you can anticipate that all of our big franchises will be addressed
... I'd imagine that we'll see a Star Fox game for the Switch at some point, personally.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm just thankful that over at Nintendo they didn't look at the poor sales and think, "Welp, guess people don't like Star Fox after all. Let's not make another." At least there's some recognition that these series are highly valued by many and that we'd like to see those series grow.

Not a prediction, more of what I'd rather see. I'd like a new story for the next game since they can only re-tell the original Lylat Wars over and over again so many times. I very much appreciated Zero reviving the Walker from Star Fox 2, so at least they're willing to pull from their past unused arsenal of ideas. How about we get a game that's the traditional gameplay style at its core with no forced gimmicks with an expansive story that can hold its own weight? I dare them to make the next Star Fox game evolutionary and conventional at the same time.

And if Nintendo is worried about not using certain novelties of their hardware? No problem. Star Fox 64 made an example of the Rumble Pak they bundled with it. So this next one would be perfect for HD rumble, which is available out of the box.

Well, if Miyamoto himself says it'll continue, I can see it getting a game for Switch.

However, if one happens, I really hope it won't flop, because it might put the series' future in danger...

D

Deleted member

I dunno how long until we will get another Star Fox game.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if Star Fox Zero got a Switch port and removed the motion controls. I haven't touched the game for almost a year now because of how terrible the controls are.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That alone would fix most of the problems with it, yeah. Wouldn't mind a SF on the 3DS before Switch though to further test the waters... I know the series has one of its worst on the DS, but that doesn't mean the 3DS couldn't have something better for it,unlike what we got with Metroid.

Cyro_

Smash Cadet
A star fox collection that has the N64 game and ect could be kinda neat on the switch. Remastered graphics and nostalgic levels all in HD. 3DS could be a nice testing ground for the series as well. Online is something that would be nice to see also, maybe a versus mode or co-op campaign.

In terms of where I think it could go in the future, how about a game that focuses on Foxs dad and his crew or maybe a brand new enemy all together that really takes the series down a darker path.

I'm sure the switch will get some kind of Star Fox game it's just a matter of when.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Online is something that would be nice to see also, maybe a versus mode or co-op campaign.
Star Fox Command had an online versus mode. Unfortunately, it was playable for about two weeks before ragequitters rendered it entirely pointless - if someone dropped, the match would end for all players, and it was damn near impossible to ever get into games that didn't have ragequitters.

Cyro_

Smash Cadet
Star Fox Command had an online versus mode. Unfortunately, it was playable for about two weeks before ragequitters rendered it entirely pointless - if someone dropped, the match would end for all players, and it was damn near impossible to ever get into games that didn't have ragequitters.
Yeah that could be frustrating. I hope if they include some sort of online (which isn't necessary I'd prefer a better story over online) in whatever Star Fox is next that if someone leaves they get replaced with a bot and keep the match going.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah that could be frustrating. I hope if they include some sort of online (which isn't necessary I'd prefer a better story over online) in whatever Star Fox is next that if someone leaves they get replaced with a bot and keep the match going.
Or just have have the character that player was playing say something like I'm going down, and eliminate them or something.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
To be fair, that was Nintendo's first era of dealing with online which they were initially late to the party for. I'm sure they could do better with online in a Star Fox now, though I feel a sort of co-op may be more appealing than another straight up deathmatch versus. I know some have been good like in SF Assault, but doesn't have to be the only form of multiplayer, and Star Fox feels more built for online co-op than a good chunk of Nintendo's other series.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, that was Nintendo's first era of dealing with online which they were initially late to the party for. I'm sure they could do better with online in a Star Fox now, though I feel a sort of co-op may be more appealing than another straight up deathmatch versus. I know some have been good like in SF Assault, but doesn't have to be the only form of multiplayer, and Star Fox feels more built for online co-op than a good chunk of Nintendo's other series.
Oh, I know, and the problem was entirely down to it being part of that first foray. :p They could absolutely do better now, for certain. After all, ragequitters haven't gone away, and cutting the match for everyone else didn't discourage them. :laugh:

I wouldn't be interested in online co-op myself, but I agree that it should be there.

I'd love an online versus mode similar to a modernised version of Star Fox Assault's multi-player mode, personally.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I wouldn't be interested in online co-op myself, but I agree that it should be there.
Off topic, but just wanted to say I love this attitude, and wish more people had it. I get in arguments all the time that things like VC should be optional, and a lot of Nintendo fans have literally no concern for anyone who doesn't think like them. Very frustrating.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Off topic, but just wanted to say I love this attitude, and wish more people had it. I get in arguments all the time that things like VC should be optional, and a lot of Nintendo fans have literally no concern for anyone who doesn't think like them. Very frustrating.
Hey, thanks very much. :4dedede:

The way I see it, there's plenty of things that aren't for me, but other people like those things, and vice-versa. Why should they be denied that, just because I wouldn't play a particular hypothetical thing (or vice-versa)? :p It's not like its presence causes any harm.

I understand that I'm just one person and that the world doesn't revolve around me. It makes me happy if others are happy with the extras.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I still never played a SF game and Ninty will need to impress me before I do.

So its gonna have to have at least some non-flying gameplay, great world, gameplay and story. (basically let platinum or someone make a game without any Miyamoto influence, cos his modern games never appeal to me...except for Pikmin)

Either that or some eShop spinoff or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom